+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 991 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    According to Wiki Colston was involved in the slave trade for about two years (which is wrong by todays standards), however the company was set up by King Charles ii and also run by the duke of York (no not that one):

"In 1680, Colston became a member of the Royal African Company, which had held the monopoly in England on trading along the west coast of Africa in gold, silver, ivory and slaves from 1662.[5] Colston was deputy governor of the company from 1689 to 1690. His association with the company ended in 1692.[2] This company had been set up by King Charles II and his brother the Duke of York (later King James II), who was the governor of the company, together with City of London merchants, and it had many notable investors, including philosopher and physician John Locke (who later changed his stance on the slave trade) and the diarist Samuel Pepys."

So let's destroy any artefacts relating to any person from that period of our history?
    Well, that's 2 years too many in my book!! Anyone who was involved in *any way* in the slavery business is worse than a sub-human in my book - including any Royals who were historically involved. Utter scum!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Still, at least they're kneeling six feet apart.

Marco: I think Starmer and Rayner are modelling the 'take the knee' position which various people/groups have adopted to show their solidarity with black people:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ice-brutality/
    Ah I see, I'd never heard of this "take the knee" thing until now! Cheers.

Well. if that's what it represents, I'm all in favour of it!

I've no idea what Jon's beef with it is? That's the problem when you pots pictures, accompanied by some random remarks, without explaining yourself properly

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jon.

A large proportion of the UK was built by slaver money.
    The pyramids for one of a million examples were built by slaves, should we tear them down and chuck them in a river?

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I actually thought it was a photoshopped pic when i first saw it, so amazed was i that anyone could possibly be "that" stupid.
    *WHAT* exactly is "stupid" about it? SPIT IT OUT, please, in no uncertain terms. Ta!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah I see, I've never heard of this "take the knee" until now! Cheers.

Well. if that's what it represents, I'm all in favour of it!

I've no idea what Jon's beef with it is? That's the problem when you post pictures, accompanied by some random remarks without explaining yourself properly

Marco.
    Marco, I have no beef apart from the crassness of Starmer doing it, and why he's doing it.
    I assumed you've watched the recent events in the news, but obviously you hadn't. Fair enough.

The pyramids for one of a million examples were built by slaves, should we tear them down and chuck them in a river?
    Well, that's the problem if you take things to extremes. A few statues pulled down here and there around the UK I don't see any issue with, as it serves to make an important point and convey the message that racism (and certainly slavery) should play no part in today's world.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jon.

*WHAT* exactly is "stupid" about it? SPIT IT OUT, please, in no uncertain terms. Ta!

Marco.
    Guy explained it perfectly.

I'm Jon.

Well, that's the problem if you take things to extremes.

Marco.
    And that's exactly my point. Some people (not the genuine ones who want to put and end to racism, and good on them) are taking things to extremes, like the twunt who spray painted "is a racist" under Churchills name on his statue.
    What possible purpose can that serve?

I'm Robert.

It is actually now documented and believed that slaves did not build the tombs - loads online from untold quarters.

Either way and also, in these times, why would anyone want to present some kind of 'point' or 'argument' against pulling down symbols like that statue
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Marco, I have no beef apart from the crassness of Starmer doing it, and why he's doing it.
    I assumed you've watched the recent events in the news, but obviously you hadn't. Fair enough.
    Yeah, soz, I was busy earlier and so hadn't watched the news.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread