+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 991 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good stuff, but the age difference between some of us is I feel is forgotten in some discussions. Not just in terms of the number, but some folks are just considerably 'older in the head'....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

That's because I'm so well-preserved.

Wot like a lemon?

[Think Moroccan cuisine]

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

I was thinking more of a listed building.

I thought you've have said fine wine!

Marco.
    Main System

Wee Nicola's got it sortit': https://www.aol.co.uk/living/2020/06...s-in-scotland/

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I thought you've have said fine wine!

Marco.
    Fine whine, maybe.

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the late reply - great post! I wholeheartedly concur with much of it. However, let's go through some specifics:

Quote Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
    All encompassing labels (one size fits all) are rarely ideal but it is a good tool to help one understand the mindset of individuals involved, especially in a debate or conversation. Today when you are unable to question due to fear of being called racist, xenophobic, sexist or some other tasty label to make you feel terrible what else can you use?
    For me, although I can see where you're coming from, ideally nothing. I just don't see any worthwhile purpose in applying labels to people, and I feel exactly the same when it comes to denoting class! Upper, middle or working, or any combination thereof. That shit irks me big time! Who cares?? It's what's in your heart that counts. Therefore, labels are totally superficial and pointless. Far better just to be WHO you are and OWN IT (as the kids say now), and simply be judged on your actions!

My motto: care not about being liked or popular (by people or in places that don't matter), as long as you know that you're doing the RIGHT thing - and the good folk will find you, join you and follow you.

I’m of the same opinion about politics but that makes us a dying breed. Unfortunately the politics game has changed, identity politics is being used more than ever by appealing to a supposed minority in a poor attempt to gather votes. The liberal/left mindset or what ever you wish to call it is throughout social media and universities. It is indoctrination in its purest form. One look at how Trump is portrayed in the media will tell you that.
    I agree 110%!!

It is total indoctrination, but you have to ask where it's originating from and what or who is behind it? Me? I simply refuse to conform to the 'accepted norm' or pander to political correctness. Always remain true to who YOU are, not what the system wants you to become!

I'm just HONEST and tell it as I see it, politely and constructively, and if someone chooses to take offence, then that's THEIR problem, not mine. I'll remain a free-thinker, staunchly anti-establishment, and in that respect, I'll robustly fight 'the system' whenever I consider it necessary, especially when fiercely protecting my human rights and civil liberties. In that respect, I simply won't be intimidated, brainwashed or bullied by anyone!

The Trump point you make is interesting... What do you think is the driving force behind that?

Look, there's no doubt he's a dimwitted sexist and misogynistic dickhead, and possibly racist too (with a comical hairdo) - all odious traits in a person... BUT, if what I think he's there for (as mentioned before) he achieves while he's in power, then all his personal faults will pale into insignificance. My gut instincts tell me that, one way or the other, he's going to do something very significant (possibly a great thing for mankind), and which will go down in history before his time as president of the US is up - so let's wait and see what happens!

The video I posted is just a small taster of what is going and was being used to try and explain to Joe why a leftie forum will ironically label Laura Kuenssberg right wing.
    Lol - I know! I quite like her, actually. She's one of the smarter and better BBC journalists, and I admire her tenacity. I love how she insists on pressing the representative Tory trio of Dumb, Dummer and Dummest, hosting the nightly government comedy show, called the 'BBC News Special', like a dog with a bone, and won't give up until she gets the answer she wants!

Of course the rich and powerful are protected, it’s the one of the things money can buy unless your name happens to be Jeffery Epstein!
    Ha - indeed, or Harvey Weinstein! Some say that if Hilary Clinton had been elected as US president instead (as apparently she's a puppet for the elite), those two wankers wouldn't have been exposed for the scum that they were and rightfully brought to justice!

In terms of Epstein, do you also agree with me that Prince Andrew is up to his neck in it too, and that that's all been rather 'conveniently' brushed under the carpet recently? I think he's as guilty as sin [as was shown in that ridiculous TV interview], and so would also like to see him also brought to justice! Being a member of the Royal family should not preclude you from being punished for a heinous crime - and in that respect I'd like to see some in-depth, no holds-bared probing into to the private life of Andy-boy, and him subsequently exposed for any wrong-doings!

That's what should've happened with that scum Saville, LONG before he was eventually found out. Instead he was allowed to get away with his sickening behaviour for years, largely by the corrupt BBC and government of the time, and crucially because he was 'connected' in high places. And trust me, there's plenty more paedophiles like that [some in VERY high places indeed] currently being protected by 'the system'! And it makes me sick to my gut...

Quite simply, NO -ONE should be protected or exempt from being punished for breaking the law. I also think that Gates was in with Epstein, with the sex trafficking thing (possibly lots more shady shit, too), and that if someone was to probe into his private activities, they might find some 'interesting' material! I can't stand corruption of any description or 'money men' or Royals using their wealth and power to get away with murder - sometimes literally! Honestly, if I was granted three wishes, one of them would be to bring down these bastards, one by one, and LAUGH LOUDLY in their faces when I did!!

I am in full agreement that no matter what a persons political standing, race, colour, creed or financial situation is they should be held accountable for their actions and power to the people is great ideal but what happens when those people are taught to have a political bias?
    Absolutely! But taught by whom?

I believe in fairness and equality for ALL, with no-one being given unjustified preferential treatment, simply because of wealth or status.

My concern is much more with championing the rights and best interests of the common man, and if given the power to change the world in some way, the first thing I'd do is bring down the corrupt authorities and billionaires who've (so far) illegally profited from the misery of others, tramping over anyone who got in their way, then I'd make them pay for their crimes and return more power to the people!

Expose corruption at ALL levels, bring down the unscrupulous 'fat cats', and create a fairer and more equal, just and ethical society, first and foremost based upon prioritising humanitarian values and helping the needy, not on nurturing greed, money and power. Noble aims, I know, and of course completely impossible to achieve, but I guess that one can but dream!!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Fine whine, maybe.
    Is that what your wife would say?

Marco.
    Main System

Justice is closing in on you, Andy-Pandy..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52962980

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread