+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 991 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349749 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Ah yes, the Bias Broadcasting Corporation.
    Total and utter fucking pile of shit these days, with a very clear and overly obvious left wing and brexit bashing agenda
    And yet, over on pfm, the common argument is that the BBC is biased towards the Tories, and Laura Kuenssberg is always being accused of being a Boris fanboy. See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Kuenssberg

'In the 2019 United Kingdom general election, Kuenssberg was accused of bias, in various campaign incidents, alongside criticism of the BBC's election coverage. On 11 December, one day before the 2019 general election, she drew controversy by claiming on air that submitted postal votes, apparently viewed by both the Labour Party and the Conservative Party, were "looking pretty grim for Labour in a lot of parts of the country."[31][32] Viewing postal votes prior to polling day is in breach of guidelines set by the Electoral Commission[33] and predicting electoral outcomes based on votes cast prior to polls closing may be a criminal offence.[34][35] The footage was subsequently withdrawn from BBC iPlayer, while the episode of Politics Live in which the incident happened was withdrawn and removed from the BBC Parliament schedule.[36] The BBC News press office tweeted: "Regarding today's Politics Live programme, the BBC does not believe it, or its political editor, has breached electoral law."[37] The Metropolitan Police Service later confirmed that there was "no evidence of any criminal offences having been committed." [38]

She faced criticism for tweeting the personal blog of Dominic Cummings, the government's chief strategist, and thus broadcasting his message unadulterated.[39] She was also condemned for incorrectly tweeting that a Labour activist had punched a Conservative Party advisor, without verification; footage was released showing this was untrue and she later apologised and retracted her tweet.[40] On 3 March 2020, however the BBC's Executive Complaints Unit stated that "It found no evidence of political bias nor that Laura Kuenssberg had failed to check the story before publication."[41]'

Now, you might ague that two wrongs don't make a right, but it's interesting to see that a predominately left-ish forum like pfm sees the bias one way, whilst some here on AoS see the bias operating the other way.

I'm Grant.

I dont especially think that.. i think they make up stories about folk/orginisations they dont like.. they then also change side if their funding is threatened. BBC Scotland are so biased fottball wise its hard to believe at times... not that i give a shit as im immune to crap written to sate their audience. they are no better/ worse than papers, but should be treated the same way. their licence fee is a state farce
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

I certainly don't give a shit about Scottish football!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    i dont give a shit either...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

That is because the left/liberals are so extreme they turn on each other at the drop of a hat.

One example below.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That, however, doesn't detract from Grant's perfectly valid point.

I don't give a shit about the Royal Family, and their various pomps and ceremonies, or whatever brat one of them has spawned recently (or for that matter Shakespeare, which bores me to tears), but often have it foisted upon me regardless [not Shakespeare, though] by the English-biased, often London-centric, EBC [typo deliberate].

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

And yet, over on pfm, the common argument is that the BBC is biased towards the Tories, and Laura Kuenssberg is always being accused of being a Boris fanboy. See also:

lol - with that lot they'd only be happy if the BBC was making constant appeals to the masses to rise up and throw off the shackles of their capitalist oppressors and playing the 'Red Flag' every night before close-down.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
    That is because the left/liberals are so extreme they turn on each other at the drop of a hat.
    One thing I detest are 'labels' of any description, especially political ones: 'lefty', 'righty', 'left of centre', 'just the right side of stupid' - all that shite. Quite simply because they're too absolutist and never tell the full story.

I'm not an 'anything' [don't have a label] when it comes to politics. I simply tell it as I see it, based on how I observe the world around me, but will always side with what I consider as being in the best interests of fairness and equality, for ALL.

I ABHOR any form of favouritism, and especially the richest and most powerful people in the world being 'protected' in any way by 'the system', and essentially allowed to do what they like. So in that respect I'll always be someone who favours 'power to the people'!

So stick whatever 'label' you like on that

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jon.

And yet, over on pfm, the common argument is that the BBC is biased towards the Tories, and Laura Kuenssberg is always being accused of being a Boris fanboy.
    I'd put Kuenssberg in the same gutter as Sam Coates, (lipstick'd pig) Beff Rigby, Robert Peston and the worlds biggest hypocrite & total scumbag Piers Morgan.
    Even Fiona Bruce is jumping on the obnoxious interviewer bandwagon.
    Sack the fucking lot of them and get some real talent in.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I'd put Kuenssberg in the same gutter as Sam Coates, (lipstick'd pig) Beff Rigby, Robert Peston and the worlds biggest hypocrite & total scumbag Piers Morgan.
    Even Fiona Bruce is jumping on the obnoxious interviewer bandwagon.
    Sack the fucking lot of them and get some real talent in.
    you forgot Andrew Neil, you know the guy that Billy Bluster didn't have the guts to face...
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

+ Reply to Thread