+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 370 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3700

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They only read mine every 4 years or so. Mainly because they always call round in the middle of a week day when I'm out at work. You'd think they'd learn but they don't.

I never send them a reading but I suppose they don't care as they get their money by direct debit anyway. When they do read it I usually get a refund of about £400 as they always over-estimate.
    Yes I remember you mentioning that. It's lunacy. Still, I'd imagine that your energy usage will be a little higher than usual, given that you've been home during the lockdown?

It's negligible for us [we can monitor the difference on the smart meter], as I'm normally home anyway, and with the good weather, 90% of the cooking we've been doing has been on the BBQ, plus we've not had any heating on since before the lockdown, and won't need any now until autumn.

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    think mine came once.. bulb are a good company..
    Is that Purple Bulb?

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    "Let me tell you something, my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!"
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Some people hope for a miracle cure, Some people just accept the world as it is, But I'm not willing to lay down and die, Because I am an innocent man

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes I remember you mentioning that. It's lunacy. Still, I'd imagine that your energy usage will be a little higher than usual, given that you've been home during the lockdown?

Yes bound to be a bit more, two computers and a monitor on that wouldn't be on normally, although I don't suppose they use much. And I have to boil the kettle occasionally to make tea so I suppose that will add a bit. But that's about it. Might add a fiver a week to the leccy bill but more than compensated for by the £45 a week I'm saving on travel expenses.
    Current Lash Up:

*Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

What about your TV being on for longer than normal, and your hi-fi system, presuming neither is left switched on when not in use? Plus, isn't your cooker being used more to make meals, or has it been McDonalds and KFC all the way?

Marco.

I'm Martin.

What about your TV being on for longer than normal, and your hi-fi system, presuming neither is left switched on when not in use? Plus, isn't your cooker being used more to make meals, or has it been McDonalds and KFC all the way?

Marco.
    Don't have music or TV on when I'm working, too distracting. I might make a bit of toast mid morning but that's not every day as I don't always fancy it.
    Current Lash Up:

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

What about for your main meals of the day [lunch and/or dinner] - is the cooker redundant?

Marco.

I'm Martin.

What about for your main meals of the day [lunch and/or dinner] - is the cooker redundant?

Marco.
    Well today I just had couple of ham sandwiches for lunch, no cooking required. Sometimes I don't bother as I've had breakfast and then snacked all morning anyway.

Probably have a curry tonight but I won't be making it myself. Got nothing in anyway until I go down the market tomorrow.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I usualy send in my readings each month too, now and again they call to read them, but not very often, you can keep your smart meter!
    You still need an official meter reading once a year, as you could be telling them porkies. I know you won't be doing that, but you know what I mean.

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole... and the instruments through which we shall be able to do this will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket. Nikola Tesla, 1926
    We Send our kids to school to be Educated, not Medicated!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I usualy send in my readings each month too, now and again they call to read them, but not very often, you can keep your smart meter!

Let's not go there!!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread