+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 991 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    I'm sure I read today that North Wales is now a "hot spot" spike. Wales in a % per 100, 000 is second in the entire UK for infections I don't give one for conspiracy theories, I'll just hold my arm out and say Spike me Bro... Spike me..
    Yes, apparently because North Wales hasn't yet had its peak of the virus, so that's the reason for the 'hot-spot' spike, although I can see little real-world evidence of such within our social circles or local community. Instead, hardly anyone we know has had the virus, and no-one we know has suffered from a severe reaction to it, least of all died - and the same applies to those who the people we know, know, etc...

As an aside, here's a thing... Out of the entire membership of AoS, or even just the regulars, who do we know who's suffered seriously from Covid-19, or died from it? No-one I know of... What about on the other main forums, pfm or the WAM? And that for me, even using that small sample of the population as an example, casts question marks on how serious the situation with this virus *actually is* for the overwhelmingly vast majority of us.

I guess that's largely because they/we don't fit the demographic of those who are most at risk from it, but I still think that there is a distinct tendency for the government to paint a falsely alarming picture of the situation. It's worrying, yes, *if* you're old and/or have an underlying serious health condition, but otherwise, for the vast majority of the population, IMO, no. For us, it's a case of taking sensible precautions, but panicking or worrying about catching a 'fatal virus', to the extent that it rules our lives and prevents us from functioning normally, within the current restrictions or otherwise, definitely NOT.

Also, in terms of the % per 100k figure, for Wales as a whole, do remember that that figure is significantly influenced by the large number of cases reported in vastly more heavily populated South Wales, particularly around major cities, such as Cardiff, Swansea and Newport, and which accordingly has grossly inflated the overall figure for Wales.

There are no major cities in North Wales (most of the area is rural), with Wrexham by far having the largest population (as both a town and county), and with currently only 565 reported deaths, out of a total population of 136,000.

In terms of being "spiked", carry on if you wish, and the best of luck!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    That does indeed seem a sensible, balanced summary. It's clear that there's no real consensus about the risk of a second wave, but 'safety first' would seem the best way to proceed. As far as a vaccine is concerned, even the most optimistic scenario suggests that testing would not be completed until late September, after which it would take several months to ramp up production. The jabs would be given firstly to those most at risk (healthcare workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions). Mass vaccination may never be needed if it emerges that the vast majority of young, healthy people suffer only minor symptoms or are asymptomatic. For them, herd immunity might be appropriate.

There's a danger that the virus will mutate into an even more deadly strain that has serious effects even for younger healthy people, so the more testing and tracing the better.
    ...or there is a distinct drive by the government to have it done, regardless, for the reasons I've previously outlined. Then you'd get the biggest indication yet that there's something, to put it mildly, 'slightly fishy' going on!

That said, we're entirely in agreement, and thanks for the link

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Robert Jenrick, the housing minister says he is committed to enforcing the 14 day quarantine for arrivals into the UK.

Hold on..........He's the HOUSING MINISTER! What the heck has he got to do with the health and security of the nation? And anyway, isn't he the guy who broke the lockdown to visit his parents? That got smartly swept under the carpet!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

It's Priti Patel's policy, as Home Secretary, but it looks like it's unlikely to be a policy much longer, as the Daily Fail and other tabloids are obsessing about people not being able to have a summer holiday unless the rules are changed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-52900346

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Just reinforces the reason why i never buy, or read newspapers!
    It's Priti Patel's policy, as Home Secretary, but it looks like it's unlikely to be a policy much longer, as the Daily Fail and other tabloids are obsessing about people not being able to have a summer holiday unless the rules are changed:

"Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I wouldn't go near a bloody airport just now if you PAID me - for ALL sorts of valid reasons!! Utter madness....

*If* we go on holiday anywhere this year, it'll be by car, somewhere in the UK, which is peaceful, quiet, and above all RELAXING and NON-STRESSFUL - WELL AWAY from or any crowds or chaos!!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

should be safe from an influx of holiday loonies up here.. its mostly too cold for them, so im guessing they will trip off to margate etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    should be safe from an influx of holiday loonies up here.. its mostly too cold for them, so im guessing they will trip off to margate etc
    Even the midges are staying down South (well, Midlands):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...eporting-story

I'm Anto.

I wonder if they will spread all their shyte over the beaches of Portugal/Greece ?
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Has a large queue at the local McDonald's. Causing Rd jams etc.. Total clowns.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread