+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 991 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Everything we do is based on risk/reward, whether we are aware of it or not - for example going out for a nice meal involves the risk of death/injury on the roads, foreign holidays may come with the risk of an air crash. At some point we have to decide whether the risk of infection justifies putting our normal lives on hold.
    Post of the year!

Precisely... We should all read and digest the above, but with some caveats... "Putting our normal lives on hold" could be interpreted instead as: 'allowing the authorities to continually keep us under house arrest'. We need to ensure that WE get a say in the matter!

As I said earlier, *we need to keep the authorities in check* by not allowing ourselves to be unjustly ruled or bullied into submission, in terms of eventually how lockdown will be ended [that's ENDED not eased], and we get to live within the boundaries of the proposed 'new normal' [and btw, watch very carefully the future role in that of potentially mandatory vaccines, which haven't been properly tested as safe, and the penalties for non-complliance], and which would unquestionably result in the erosion of our civil liberties.

Would that really be a price worth paying, simply for being a 'sheep'??

Virus risk assessment will largely be based upon age and levels of health. Personally, I'm at the point now where, whilst still being sensible and aware of the risks, I can't wait to get back to some form of *genuine* normality!

However, this is the crucial bit, and so I'd ask everyone here to LISTEN UP, and to LISTEN very, VERY carefully........

When this pandemic is 'over', or as 'over' as it will ever be, do we want to retain the same levels of freedom that we enjoyed pre-Covid-19, or will we allow ourselves to be continually surveilled and our lives unjustly and immorally controlled by the authorities, subsequently with our liberties curtailed to the extent that the UK becomes more like a police state than we have ever known it, simply to be able to 'track and trace' this virus - or make some futile attempt at creating a 'cure'...?

That, my friends, is the decision that WE, the people of the UK, must make; DO NOT let it simply be FORCED upon us......!!

I'm not saying that we're about to enter the creation of a totalitarian state , but we have to fight together for our FREEDOM, march, protest, ensure than dissenting voices are heard in Westminster, challenging this 'new normal', and that have the necessary impact on keeping in check the controlling agendas of the establishment - do WHATEVER is necessary - to PROTECT the freedom and HUMAN RIGHTS we once enjoyed, indeed took for granted, as proud citizens of a FREE COUNTRY, and which was once 'our normal': a 'normal' that our great grandparents and ancestors fought so hard for us to have during two world wars!

Do we want to effectively end up living in a world that resembles what would've very likely become reality under rule by Hitler??

So..... I'd ask you all to watch very carefully what happens in the coming weeks, and in particular what we will be 'asked' to do by the government [read as 'asked' only in the sense that it won't become mandatory, as long as enough people do what they're told, sorry 'asked'], in terms of alleviating the lockdown - and here I'm referring to the government's Coronavirus 'traffic-light system', and what will be required for us to reach 'Level 1'.

And in that respect, *think very carefully*, perhaps more than about anything you've ever done in your life so far [yes this will be *THAT* important] about what you 'volunteer' to do, under the premise of being a 'responsible citizen' - as trust me, there will be NO going back!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adrian.

Default John Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Post of the year!

However, this is the crucial bit, and I'd ask everyone here to LISTEN UP, and listen up very carefully........

When this pandemic is 'over', or as 'over' as it will ever be, do we want to retain the same standards of freedom, as we enjoyed pre-Covid-19, or will we allow ourselves to continually be surveilled and our lives unjustly and immorally controlled by the authorities, and our liberties curtailed, to the extent that the UK becomes more like a police state than we've ever known it, simply to be able to 'track and trace' this virus - or make some futile attempt at creating a 'cure'?

That, my friends, is the decision that WE, the people of the UK, have to make; DO NOT let it simply be imposed upon us......

I'm not saying that we're about to enter some form of totalitarian state , but we have to fight together, march, protest, ensure than dissenting voices in Westminster, challenging this 'new normal' are heard and have the necessary impact on keeping the controlling excesses of the establishment in check - do WHATEVER is necessary - to PROTECT the freedom and HUMAN RIGHTS we used to all enjoy as citizens of the United Kingdom, and was 'our normal', and which our great grandparents and ancestors fought so hard for us to have during two world wars!

So..... I'd ask you all to watch very carefully what happens in the coming weeks, and in particular what we will be 'asked' to do [read as 'asked' only in the sense that it won't become mandatory as long as enough people do what they're told], in terms of alleviating the lockdown - and here I'm referring to the government's Coronavirus 'traffic-light system', and what will be required to reach 'Level 1'.

And in that respect, *think very carefully*, perhaps about more than anything you've ever done in your life so far [yes this is THAT important] about what you 'volunteer' to do - as trust me, there will be NO going back!!

Marco.
    Well I tend to agree that we need to be very careful what we sign up to in terms of monitoring, in the first instance the reasons will very likely be with good intentions to establish what is happening with Covid infection and re-infection, but once established it can be corrupted and used for other purposes, I will leave others to summise what they may be.

With respect to “volunteering” this is very abject, IMO there is usually some form of coercion, guilt trip, no brainier argument or peer pressure involved. And worst of all is when opposition is ridiculed, singled out or demonised as not belonging or believing in doing something for the good of all. Unfortunately I suspect it will go this way over the coming months.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

I assume you are referring to the 'Track and Trace' app, which I have no plans to use, not without reliable information about its value versus its potential to 'control' us. Mrs. P has concerns, but more to do with cyber security than the possibility that the state may be monitoring us. I certainly won't just accept that it's safe just because the government says it is.

You should be fine with your Nokia 3210 though
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

ive heard some murmerings re making it mandatory.. if they try that they will get a black eye.....or is it a coloured one?

I just had my first trip out in car since this kicked off.. went to tesco but didnt get out... was a small queue, but drizzly too. courage failed me, and i will do without. was a brave new world; main rd was pretty deserted; town was a little busier but no much. all shops in centre look closed etc.. depressing is the word for it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I think I'll download the app, then Sellotape the sim card to the cat's collar before she goes out. I've no idea where she gets to, but if I get a knock on the door from Mr Plod, acting on reports that I've been a "Peeping Tom", or that I've been burgling houses via the cat flap, I'll know the app is being abused.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive heard some murmerings re making it mandatory.. if they try that they will get a black eye.....or is it a coloured one?

I just had my first trip out in car since this kicked off.. went to tesco but didnt get out... was a small queue, but drizzly too. courage failed me, and i will do without. was a brave new world; main rd was pretty deserted; town was a little busier but no much. all shops in centre look closed etc.. depressing is the word for it
    You can't say coloured, it's an 'eye of colour', or an African American eye.

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Well I tend to agree that we need to be very careful what we sign up to in terms of monitoring, in the first instance the reasons will very likely be with good intentions to establish what is happening with Covid infection and re-infection, but once established it can be corrupted and used for other purposes, I will leave others to summise what they may be.
    Exactly!

With respect to “volunteering” this is very abject, IMO there is usually some form of coercion, guilt trip, no brainier argument or peer pressure involved. And worst of all is when opposition is ridiculed, singled out or demonised as not belonging or believing in doing something for the good of all. Unfortunately I suspect it will go this way over the coming months.
    I completely agree; indeed we're already seeing it, with people being arrested for protesting against the lockdown [and as you say being demonised for it by the sheep/uninitiated who fail to see the bigger picture] - and trust me that will get worse in the weeks and months ahead, as folks become gradually more frustrated and fearful, not necessarily of the virus, but of the effects of the lockdown to both their mental health and financial security!

The FACT is, people will only put up for so long with having their freedom and civil liberties curtailed, and crucially their ability to look after themselves and support their families, by earning a living - and of course the government KNOW that. However, what remains to be seen is what they intend on doing about it....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You can't say coloured, it's an 'eye of colour', or an African American eye.
    a lot of bullshit is what it is mate
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive heard some murmerings re making it mandatory..
    How will they do that if you don't own a smartphone?

Are they going to spend further multiple millions of pounds on equipping the hundreds of thousands of people in the UK, who currently don't have a smartphone, with one? I think not. As you say, the 'peoples revolution' [and trust me, I'd be at the helm] would occur long before then!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Think I read something re wristbands
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread