+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 991 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Dunno I've always leaned to the left, but only joined the Labour party to try and vote him out, quietly impressed by Kier so far as he takes Billy Bluster apart every Wednesday. Impossible to think how it might have turned if Jezzer was in charge but it doesn't really matter cos he wasn't.

The UK's response to Covid is directly at the feet of the conservative party both in the response and the preconditions due to austerity. absolutely criminal and even now it's so obvious how "scientific" advice is being presented to cover up party dogma and failings to the electorate at large.

It comes to something when that neo fascist rag called the Daily Mail starts running articles that slag the government.

and if anybody on the forum is a die hard true blue. Tough tit. you really have condemned the country to what you voted for.
    Yeah I agree with all of the above, particularly the highlighted bits. I have no strong allegiances towards any political party (save the SNP, and if I lived in Scotland that's who I'd vote for), as the 'party line'/agenda is almost always entirely self-serving, but I can recognise what I consider are good politicians from any party, and Mr Starmer is one of them

I just hope that democracy still exists in our country next time it comes to a general election......and therefore we get the chance to oust this dithering and incompetent shower of shite from Westminster, who will hopefully pay the price for effectively their crimes against humanity during this pandemic!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I just hope that democracy still exists in our country next time it comes to a general election......and we get the chance to oust this shower of shite from Westminster, who will hopefully pay the price for effectively their crimes against humanity during this pandemic!

Marco.
    Amen to that and I'm an Atheist..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It fascinates me that people who consider themselves to be warriors against fascism are quite happy to use ridicule and censorship to stifle opposing viewpoints, despite these methods being in themselves essential components of fascism.
    Well, I,d say censorship is the tool of anyone from social democratic nanny state s to totalitarian states, be they fascist or communist. I say we're adults, treat us as thus.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post

The UK's response to Covid is directly at the feet of the conservative party both in the response and the preconditions due to austerity. absolutely criminal and even now it's so obvious how "scientific" advice is being presented to cover up party dogma and failings to the electorate at large.

and if anybody on the forum is a die hard true blue. Tough tit. you really have condemned the country to what you voted for.
    Oh come on, let's not forget Nicola:

HEADLINE: Coronavirus: Earlier Scottish lockdown 'could have prevented 2,000 deaths'"

The Scottish government said its actions had been guided by the best and most up-to-date scientific advice."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52617895

or will this be another case of not being able to trust the news source?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Well, I,d say censorship is the tool of anyone from social democratic nanny state s to totalitarian states, be they fascist or communist. I say we're adults, treat us as thus.
    They don't want adults though. Ideologies of any type appeal only to the weak minded, the naïve, and those who are ruled by their 'emotions'. That is why they are always accompanied by plenty of hatred. It is a badge of honour amongst them as to who can hate the most. Ironically it is the continual expression of hatred that turns normal people away from the ideology and those espousing it. This is why ideologies rarely, if ever, gain enough traction to take control. Much to the upset and confusion of their adherents.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    A big problem is that getting good high quality information is very difficult. In the USA we hear that some doctors are being abused because they're involved with Covid-19, and some crazy people are denying that the disease exists at all, or in some areas disputing the evidence that it exists within their areas. As for the attacks on phone masts - obviously the little green men are coming ..... and should perhaps be followed by the men in white coats.

Even if we do get very good data and information, many people don't understand, or misinterpret what they hear or read.

People don't always understand obvious things, and Covid-19 presents many aspects which are not at all obvious. Only yesterday I heard someone on the radio saying that the incidence of CV-19 as very low (I think it was mentioned as 0.28%) so we could/should all go out and play and disregard it. The incidence of CV-19 in some areas is low, but let's not forget that initially it was presumably zero, so just one person (or possibly several coming in to the UK at the same time) would have initiated a big problem. The virus has not, as far as I know, changed much in its nature - it can still be deadly for some people.

We are always receiving "information" which has been heavily filtered, and in some cases massaged to present a particular point of view.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

It might well be 0.28% but if you or a loved one is in that 0.28% it ain't funny.

Meantime, I read in the paper yesterday, that an average of 170 planes arrive at heathrow every day and not one of those people are tested or even questioned. That's just Heathrow, so I suppose that other airports are also allowing flights. Even if we had no cases at all in the UK, surely this is a good way of getting the Pandemic going again ?

I'm Geoff.

Michael Gove talking about the lockdown said "There is always a risk in relaxing these restrictions".

How would he know there's 'always a risk'? The rules have never been relaxed before!

He won't have any idea what the risk is, nor will anyone else.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ideologies of any type appeal only to the weak minded, the naïve, and those who are ruled by their 'emotions'.
    Are you afraid of showing yours?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your statement, but why put the word "emotions" inside inverted commas, as if to indicate in some way that they're false, or a sign of weakness? After all, it's what defines us from robots...

Emotions/gut instincts are fundamental to human beings functioning in line with how they were created. Therefore, to shun or dismiss them, is to fail to be human. Of course, one shouldn't be 'ruled' by one's emotions, but then neither should one be 'ruled' by logic, as often our emotional/gut instinct reactions to something/certain situations are more accurate than those governed solely by logic.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Michael Gove talking about the lockdown said "There is always a risk in relaxing these restrictions".

How would he know there's 'always a risk'? The rules have never been relaxed before!

He won't have any idea what the risk is, nor will anyone else.
    Gove's statement clearly hasn't been thought through properly and should have been proof-read, but we do get what he's saying. Relaxing of restrictions will put more people in contact with each other, and even with precautions will still put us at increased risk. Just how much so we'll have to wait and see.

Everything we do is based on risk/reward, whether we are aware of it or not - for example going out for a nice meal involves the risk of death/injury on the roads, foreign holidays may come with the risk of an air crash. At some point we have to decide whether the risk of infection justifies putting our normal lives on hold. And at the moment that risk is too great imo.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread