+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 991 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Indeed!
    A...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Interesting date on that report, Anthony!

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

So what have folks since been infected with then, and many have died from COVID-19 or "Spanish Flu"? The list of symptoms in the article you linked to are near-identical to those identified with Coronavirus...

How do we differentiate between them?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Missed this... Lol ok, it's a bit 'Keith Charles-Flint' (see below) at the moment, only with dark brown hair, as I've 'spiked' it up a bit, particularly at the top and sides, as I can't stand the 'bouffant'/wavy look, but for the 'full effect' I'll wait until hairdressers are allowed to trade again, and take a pic then, before and after!

It's actually surprised me how much I've still got left, since I've let it grow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Come on dude, post a pic, we could do with a good laugh
    In the meantime, I'd appreciate your thoughts on post #1866.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm brian.

Tragic though for the BAME workers on the frontline who have lost there live s disproportionately in this pandemic. On the odd trip to the Royal Free I have found there attitude and manner to be truly lovely.

I'm Steve.

Missed this... Lol ok, it's a bit 'Keith Charles-Flint' (see below) at the moment, only with dark brown hair, as I've 'spiked' it up a bit, particularly at the top and sides, as I can't stand the 'bouffant'/wavy look, but for the 'full effect' I'll wait until hairdressers are allowed to trade again, and take a pic then, before and after!

It's actually surprised me how much I've still got left, since I've let it grow!!

In the meantime, I'd appreciate your thoughts on post #1866.

Marco.
    Yeah well, you did that look to death in the eighties, so it was time for a change

Re. your earlier comments: No, I didn't miss the point, rather you missed my point in paragraph two, pretty much what you was saying, but in a much much more concise way! Apart from that you may be surprised to know that I agree with everything you're saying there. There really isn't anything I can add to that, being as how you've exhausted the world's supply of words

Just enough words left to say this:

Over the years I've done work for people of all nationalities, and it would be fair to say that all have their own characteristics, some good, some less so. However I will go out on a limb and say that imv the Hindu and Sikh communities are almost always peaceful and law abiding, same with other nationalities, certainly more so than white British. But I feel that much of the problems come from Pakistani Muslims, and their refusal to integrate, but especially the young males who have a real attitude on them. This just comes from my observations, others may have a different view.

I was hesitant about posting this for about a minute, then I thought "do I really give a shit, I'm entitled to tell it as I see it"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah well, you did that look to death in the eighties, so it was time for a change
    Aye, especially on ma boz!

Re. your earlier comments: No, I didn't miss the point, rather you missed my point in paragraph two, pretty much what you was saying, but in a much much more concise way! Apart from that you may be surprised to know that I agree with everything you're saying there. There really isn't anything I can add to that, being as how you've exhausted the world's supply of words
    Fair enough, I simply wanted to differentiate between this (what you wrote earlier, and is perfectly fine):

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony
    As you say, it's not a new thing. It's everywhere. Immigrants would tend to stick together when arriving in a foreign country as they would be simple folk, and rather fearful in their new unfamiliar home, facing hostility. Happens in large towns and cities across the world. I know I too would have chosen to settle close to people who understood my language and customs.
    ...and TAKING OVER towns and large areas of our cities, forcing their culture and way of life upon non-desiring native residents of those areas, and which *isn't* right - and indeed very wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony
    Just enough words left to say this:

Over the years I've done work for people of all nationalities, and it would be fair to say that all have their own characteristics, some good, some less so. However I will go out on a limb and say that imv the Hindu and Sikh communities are almost always peaceful and law abiding, same with other nationalities, certainly more so than white British. But I feel that much of the problems come from Pakistani Muslims, and their refusal to integrate, but especially the young males who have a real attitude on them. This just comes from my observations, others may have a different view.

I was hesitant about posting this for about a minute, then I thought "do I really give a shit, I'm entitled to tell it as I see it"
    Nope, you were quite right to say what you think. I agree, as it happens to be true, and it certainly represents the results of my own experience. Unfortunately too many people in this country, including successive governments, are (or have been) too scared to tackle the problem, for fear of being deemed as 'racist', when in reality it is nothing of the sort!

Quite simply, all non-compliant immigrants, Pakistani Muslims or otherwise, when entering this country, should be FORCED to integrate. And if they refuse to comply, then they should be immediately sent back to their own country - and a hard line needs to be taken on this. If that had happened way back in the first place, instead of the politically correct 'liberal do-gooders', too scared of offending anyone, getting their way and allowing such behaviour, then we wouldn't be in the position we're in now.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Pete.

My hometown suffers from young muslim/pakiastanis causing havoc. The police are not interested as they just claim they dont speak english so the police have to get translators in at huge cost. So the young thugs can do as they please, involved with one in a traffic collision the whole family is immediately there intimidating witnesses. Hiring and racing their nice cars for a blast through middle of town. And folk wonder why us normal folk who see what they upto constantly without repercussions hate them.

I'm Steve.

Quite simply, all non-compliant immigrants, Pakistani Muslims or otherwise, when entering this country, should be FORCED to integrate. And if they refuse to comply, then they should be immediately sent back to their own country - and a hard line needs to be taken on this. If that had happened way back in the first place, instead of the politically correct 'liberal do-gooders', too scared of offending anyone, getting their way and allowing such behaviour, then we wouldn't be in the position we're in now.

Marco.
    But you can't send anyone "back to their own country" when that country is Britain, and most will now be 2nd or 3rd generation British, making them as British as you and me! (on paper at least). But policy-makers and police need to be able to take a more even handed and considered approach, without fear of being branded racist by those who simply use the term to slap down anyone who dares to put their head above the parapet and say "Hey this isn't right".

Pete, we have much the same problem in Preston, with young lads tearing around in cars of the sort I could never afford, driving like they're not afraid of losing their licence.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Yeah of course, what I meant was in reference to new immigrants coming into the UK for the first time, from *wherever*. There should be a clear message put to them of 'Fit in or Fuck Off'... Well, perhaps I'd put it a little more diplomatically...

Seriously though, it's whoever allowed the type of behaviour we're seeing now to exist in the first place, way back when, who's to blame. instead of punitive action being administered by the authorities for non-compliance. And if that precedent had been set THEN, and a strict monitoring of behaviour and enforcing of the rules [essentially learn English, be an asset to the country, fit in with society] had been the case from the off, since day one of the first immigrants refusing to integrate, then we wouldn't be in this situation NOW - simples!

Unfortunately however, the bed has long since been made, and now there is little real option but to lie in it... As I said, in the UK we're too bloody soft/easy-osy, and we certainly wouldn't get away with doing similar in their country. TBH, we should take a leaf out of New Zealand's book, when it comes to immigration. Those dudes have got it pretty much right.

Me? I'm all for living together, peacefully with people from all different nations. I love mingling in diverse multicultural communities and learning about the lifestyles and customs, different foods, etc, of people from other countries, but it has to exist within a framework of mutual respect and tolerance, and crucially that anyone coming into our country fundamentally understands that it is THEY who are the strangers entering a new land, and so it's incumbent on THEM to respect and comply with OUR culture and customs, and FIT IN (and us to welcome them when they do) - not the other way round!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Agree 100% As I've said before, my work has me dealing with all nationalities, and always get on with them. Even get free lunches of whatever they're cooking, which while often unfamiliar to me is always very nice. Thing is to take people as you find them.

Unfortunately I don't know what can be done to stop whole areas of our towns and cities becoming ghettos. A friend's parents, who are both in their eighties, live in a large semi walking distance from Preston North End's football ground (my mate and his dad go to all the home games). But he frequently gets people knocking on his door and offering to buy his house. He has no intention of selling, but they won't take no for an answer. Several neighbours have already sold to up and moved away, so bit by bit it will become a new 'ghetto'

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread