+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 991 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed, a most unpleasant activity best avoided, if at all possible, and with 'social distancing' likely to become a permanent feature of our lives for the foreseeable future, grossly overcrowded tube trains (or indeed any grossly overcrowded form of public transport) are likely to be a thing of the past.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Reminded me of the time I was working in London in the same around 30C and I got on the tube in rush hour to go to Waterloo, went two or three stops and it came to a halt mid tunnel, and there is stood for over and hour. It was packed, the conductor and driver came down the carriage and ensured all the windows and doors were opened telling people next to doors to close them if they cam on the radio telling them to shut them. Several people fainted and others were having problems breathing, I suspect the temperature must have gone into the mid 40's. The issue was a signalling failure so all trains had to stop where they were until fixed.

It was an extremely unpleasant experience, like being locked in a stuffy, smelly sauna for over an hour. I recall getting on the mainline train at Waterloo to Hampshire and people giving me strange looks as my hair, shirt, and trousers were soaked through with sweat. I did tell those nearest what had happened.
    OMG, I'd have DIED in that!!!

Sounds utterly horrific.... It's one of the reasons why I always avoid crowds/very busy places, if at all possible. Aside from anything else, I find such environments extremely stressful and not in the least relaxing. And I like to feel chilled

Continually running around like a headless chicken, and all stressed to buggery, is very bad for your health.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm guy.

A few years ago we took my father in law to Claridges, and as he was wheelchair bound, we took a cab.

Cab driver was so helpful, service "door to door", and for four of us cost comparable to/slightly cheaper than the tube. Since then we have avoided the tube - smelly, dirty, expensive and as others have said claustrophobic.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    OMG, I'd have DIED in that!!!

Sounds utterly horrific.... It's one of the reasons why I always avoid crowds/very busy places, if at all possible. Aside from anything else, I find such environments extremely stressful and not in the least relaxing. And I like to feel chilled

Continually running around like a headless chicken, and all stressed to buggery, is very bad for your health.

Marco.
    Yes Marco, it was extremely unpleasant and stressful, some people where on the edge of panic and started shouting, with others doing their best to calm them. The driver and conductor came through the train several times checking on people telling them that they were on the radio control team. Not something I would like to repeat.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    A friends video:

"Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

More non-compliant assholes going where they shouldn't be going, and miraculously believing that the regulations 'don't apply' to them, see here: https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/04/2.../?ncid=webmail

Message from a resident of North Wales:

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME! LONDONERS, FUCK RIGHT OFF BACK TO YOUR VIRUS-RIDDEN, OVERCROWDED HELLHOLE...

and leave the lovely fresh air of Snowdonia, (blissfully) so far largely free of this virus, to remain that way!

<RANT OVER>

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Okay Marco I will. Don't forget though London IS the engine room of the economy ( pre lockdown )..... back to the garden now . Also next time can you make the text a bit bigger

I'm John.

Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Okay Marco I will. Don't forget though London IS the engine room of the economy ( pre lockdown ).....
    No issues about that whatsoever. The only reason I mentioned Londoners, was because [as per the article linked to] it was twats from the capital who had driven 350 miles to Snowdon, for a 'jolly'. That's inexcusable, so they can FUCK OFF. And that applies to ANYONE else, from ANY other UK city, who fancies 'a wee break' in (relatively) COVID 19-free North Wales!!

Enjoy the garden

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No issues about that whatsoever. The only reason I mentioned Londoners, was because [as per the article linked to] it was twats from the capital who had driven 350 miles to Snowdon, for a 'jolly'. That's inexcusable, so they can FUCK OFF. And that applies to ANYONE else, from ANY other UK city, who fancies 'a wee break' in (relatively) COVID 19-free North Wales!!

Enjoy the garden

Marco.
    . Aargh, See that now. Lets hope the gormless ones enjoyed there trip home

+ Reply to Thread