+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 991 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Staying indoors is gonna be much easier for some people than others. Anyway, I reckon this virus is spread largely indoors with prolonged contact person to person, I'm sick of all this stupidity when people see you coming they stop and wait to the side for you to pass.
    But thats what your supposed to do, minimise any slight risk by giving people a wide birth. For the life of me I cannot see that as being stupid. Its a directive of Public Health England.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    But thats what your supposed to do, minimise any slight risk by giving people a wide birth. For the life of me I cannot see that as being stupid. Its a directive of Public Health England.
    To me it just reinforces existing narrow mindedness. You for instance completely ignored the first half of my post.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm brian.

First half of the post was fine, and correct I would say.

I'm Chris.

Default the bubble concept

Staying indoors is gonna be much easier for some people than others. Anyway, I reckon this virus is spread largely indoors with prolonged contact person to person, I'm sick of all this stupidity when people see you coming they stop and wait to the side for you to pass.
    If so, then those persons indoors, by staying indoors are less likely to infect others. Think of it as the concept of a bubble which means you apply social distancing
    to those not in your immediate bubble, As an example you can still visit a person who is otherwise lonely, but you apply social distancing when visiting. You can also go for walks,
    and exactly the same, you need to apply social distancing when near others.

New Zealand is moving back to Level 3 tonight, which means we still apply the bubble principle, but some shops similarly applying social distancing when with customers
    will re-open. This was the situation 4 weeks ago, where our Prime minister outlined the Levels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lySmKKZEMQk and allowance of essential services.
    It is hoped and now quite likely, we will entirely eradicate Covid 19 due to these measures we have taken.

Our figures and tracing of how and where covid 19 entered new Zealand is outstanding as is the advice we have been given.
    https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...close-contacts

Where ever you are, applying social distancing Yes is difficult, but has to be done, to preserve your life, and the life of others. I would recommend you similarly adopt the bubble concept.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    A friends video:

Excellent...That has to be the nicest Fender Telecaster., that I've set eyes on...and the boy can play....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Andy.

Why should it bother you if someone else wants to protect themselves and their loved ones by stepping aside and taking whatever steps they feel are necessary? Suppose they don’t share your unsubstantiated assertion about it largely being spread indoors. Suppose it “largely” is spread indoors but not exclusively. Why should anyone take a risk just so they don’t piss you off as you pass?

Your post typifies the sort of selfishness that only serves to spread this virus IMO. Staying indoors will be tougher for some but compared to staying in hospital with a tube rammed down your throat if you get the virus, I’d suggest it’s a lesser evil.
    This attitude is

I'm brian.

Agree with most of that Andy. Another thing is something like a sneeze or even a cough can happen in a nano second, so if that occurred I m sure its better to distance from peeps rather
    than breeze past within inches

I'm Steve.

This is exactly what I would do, and it never occurred to me that it might piss anyone off. On the contrary - while I would do it partly to help keep myself and mine safe, I'm also showing them that while I believe myself to be virus free, they don't know this and I'm keeping my distance out of respect for their concerns. It's a sort of courtesy, and I do it with a smile and an acknowledgement.

This social distancing has got most of us interacting wiith each other more than we ever used to imv.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Excellent...That has to be the nicest Fender Telecaster., that I've set eyes on...and the boy can play....
    Yep the guitar break is excellent.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

To me it just reinforces existing narrow mindedness. You for instance completely ignored the first half of my post.
    It does feel silly stepping aside for each other, I agree with you, but it does make sense. Don't underestimate how highly contagious this is. It isn't like a flu or a cold virus. You could easily catch it just walking through the 'cloud' of someone else's exhaled breath. Especially on a warm, still day like we had over this weekend. Likewise they could catch it from you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread