+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 991 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    There s a worldwide shortage of PPE, folks don't seem to get that ?. Were using about 150 k a day of gowns the guy said in the briefing today. The huge shipment from China the other day did nt even turn up.
    Still if your a clever arse on social media, twitter, etc the world is easy to run
    Yes I agree. I was trying to point out that some of this stuff is not as straight forward or easy to achieve as some would like to think. Yes perhaps all countries should have planned for a major pandemic and dealing with it. Actually perhaps they did and decided that it would be just too costly to get everything in place and ready to go and that the best solution was to wait for it to happen and take the fall out.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Yes I agree. I was trying to point out that some of this stuff is not as straight forward or easy to achieve as some would like to think. Yes perhaps all countries should have planned for a major pandemic and dealing with it. Actually perhaps they did and decided that it would be just too costly to get everything in place and ready to go and that the best solution was to wait for it to happen and take the fall out.
    Hi Adrian, thanks for that. Well, there s one thing I think we can say for certain. Never since w/w 2 has one band of people ( NHS ) given so much to so many

I'm Martin.

More than a fifth of NHS Directors are paid more than the Prime Minister. Given that health is supposedly their speciality and that we are told that these salaries are necessary to 'attract the best people' you have to wonder why they did not take it on themselves to arrange more PPE when it began to look like a pandemic was a real possibility. Isn't that the sort of knowledge and expertise we are paying them for?

But I suppose that they are well aware that the typical punter will blame any shortcomings in their performance on the politicians and so don't need to worry about such things.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

You have to wonder about a few things since all this started, first, the Hand Gel fiasco [or the lack of it] what was that all about, the one thing that we were told would seriously disrupt the spread of the virus was clean hands, and what happend, after a day or so, no hand gel left on the shelves anywhere you would think that being such a valued defence against the spread of the virus, that that would be an absolute priority, hence a huge step up in production should have been put in place imediately, was it ?
    Next, we were warned back as far as 2007, by credible people, that China, and their practices, whether that be the experimentation on Corona Virus, or their eating habits, was a potential high risk of a world wide catastrophe, did anyone listen ?
    As far as the PPE scenario is concerned, the other major set back to getting anything put into production in a hurry is the legislation bullshit that everything made in this country, or any country attached to the european union has to be put through, yet, we continualy welcome, and receive equipment, and products from countries including China, which have undergone no such testing, or legislation.
    Here's a test for anyone in the manufacturing sector, try and sell a product, anything to China, and see what you have to go through before they will even consider whether your product is something they need ? its a two way street folks, with only one way traffic.
    I sincerely appologise for my rants of late, but the whole situation has seriously grinded my gears!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I think that’s the most likely scenario. You could see this coming by late Jan and yet no decisive action until mid March for most countries. No country wanted to be seen to “over-react” by closing airports, quarantining, testing and tracing and imposing lockdowns where cases were found. The UK government was even more inept than most and it’s citizens are now beginning to pay the price.

I'm Mike.

Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

Interesting to hear on the news that whilst a shipment of PPE from Turkey is long overdue, a shipment from Myanmar arrived today. Really??? Burma to the rescue of the UK???, really???
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Pete.

pubs not opening till Christmas will be a huge blow for pub industry.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    pubs not opening till Christmas will be a huge blow for pub industry.
    Where did you hear that, Pete?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Where did you hear that, Pete?

Marco.
    Yup, they suggested that was a likely scenario on radio earlier today. Not definite though and not sure of source either.

+ Reply to Thread