+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 991 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Fear induced is exactly how i would describe what's been done by the mainstream news, and media since all this started!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Remember FEAR induced into a mass population can quickly turn it into an uncontrolled rabble, and in that situation matters could quickly get worse.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Hi Adrian, appreciate your detailed reply and I agree with a lot of but would like to comment further on a few things..

Well if it is true that antibody test are not effective we have already paid for millions of anitbody tests and if the above is correct then they may be useless anyway and where web are in the queue is irrelevant.

Agreed but if a an accurate Test is developed there should be manufacturing ready and waiting to go. No way on this planet should the UK be waiting in the wings to buy from China / whoever.

I tend to agree that it isn't hard to make some of the PPE stuff. However I suspect that we do not hold lots of stock of the required plastic / paper / rubber / similar to make the kit,. Most industries today run on the just in time manufacturing and delivery model and that is across the world. China, India and a few others are some of the major manufacturers in the whole world of many products and will hold the material stock or will make it, that is why we have access to lots of cheap products. We and others in the West went down the outsourcing route some decades ago. So even if we built the manufacturing facilities in the UK we would not necessarily have or be able to get the materials to manufacture the kit at high volumes and in the end might take longer and be more costly, certainly in the short term.

Really doesn't matter what the base materials needed are. The UK should be capable of making them and making the PPE. I read reports that the NHS will not get properly sorted for this UNTILL June. really??? Could not some highly paid individuals have wondered that when China shut down in Feb it just might effect the UK's supply chains and then maybe thought perhaps we should start hedging our bets.
    I am not sure if you are referring to PPE and/or the Covid19 and Antibody tests, if it is manufacturing of the Tests then we may have insufficient manufacturing tech in this area to actually have the capability to manufacture millions of tests be them Antibody or Covid19 tests. A country like Germany that has a big pharmaceutical manufacturing base has a good chance of doing this but I doubt we have and what we can do will be limited.

I understand that UK Bio Med Tech ( If that is the expression) is some of the best in the world. Its simply a case of build the facilities ASAP. if you can put "Nightingales" into Stadiums it's not rocket science to do the same with manufacturing...

Yes but are you saying that we are to keep all boarders closed to stop contamination coming in, what about food and drug supplies let alone other needed products, they do not come in by robot but with people and they all get handled to some extend. It is not straight forward I am afraid, just think about the process you need to go through when a package arrives on your doorstep to ensure you do not get contaminated by it, imaging doing that with millions of items as they come in over our boarder.

Its really VERY easy to sort this. An EU driver brings a trailer of whatever into the UK on a ferry. He takes that trailor to a big car park, unhooks and connects to a trailer going to the EU, drives back onto a ferry and goes back to the EU. The trailer he dropped is picked up by a UK driver and is delivered.

I'll admit to being a political animal, but my Ma who is 86 isn't. she lives in an a warden assisted flat 250 miles away. she has enough underling symtems that mean one sniff of Covid and she is dead. She told me last week that she thought Billy Boris was a hero because the prick had caught Covid and survived (so far)
    She really couldn't see that the reason the NHS is struggling is because of failed government policies. austerity cuts etc etc etc.

Stay safe

I think you may be under-estimating just how long it takes to build a unit that can manufacture a vaccine for example or testing kits. However we should be getting prepared for producing one if found.

It does matter what the base materials are if we do not have them, unless we can manufacture them quickly, which may not be the case. If we can’t source the materials then we have an issue.

Yes we are very good at bio tech, a very good friend had worked in the industry for 40 years in senior roles managing drug testing. We do not necessarily have the equipment in volume to produce vaccines for millions although I believe there are 2 companies with low volume capability.

As for the trucks that’s not the issue, it is also ensuring what’s on them is not contaminated and how they are handled and stored until known to be safe.

I know where you are coming from but I don’t think it’s as simple as some would like it to be.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Its funny how we can still find plenty of the base materials to produce shit that nobody needs!
    How many types of plastic do you think goes into making car parts, how many types of plastics does it take to make milk bottles, how many types of plastics does it take to make the shit throw away toys in happy meals, i could go on, but some dont seem to want to think about anything else outside of their own defeatest mind set.
    Good job the men and women of the second world war didnt have the same mindset, they managed to turn factories that were originaly producing all sorts, into making Tanks, aircraft, amunition, etc,etc...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I think you may be under-estimating just how long it takes to build a unit that can manufacture a vaccine for example or testing kits. However we should be getting prepared for producing one if found.

It does matter what the base materials are if we do not have them, unless we can manufacture them quickly, which may not be the case. If we can’t source the materials then we have an issue.

Yes we are very good at bio tech, a very good friend had worked in the industry for 40 years in senior roles managing drug testing. We do not necessarily have the equipment in volume to produce vaccines for millions although I believe there are 2 companies with low volume capability.

As for the trucks that’s not the issue, it is also ensuring what’s on them is not contaminated and how they are handled and stored until known to be safe.

I know where you are coming from but I don’t think it’s as simple as some would like it to be.
    I can see your argument but this is where we agree to disagree. you see I believe that any government should have back ground processes to cover the majority of situations that can occur to the people it governs for. Our current shower of shit ( not saying any one else could do better) ignored a pandemic white paper 4 years ago ( austerity) and here we are today.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Its funny how we can still find plenty of the base materials to produce shit that nobody needs!
    How many types of plastic do you think goes into making car parts, how many types of plastics does it take to make milk bottles, how many types of plastics does it take to make the shit throw away toys in happy meals, i could go on, but some dont seem to want to think about anything else outside of their own defeatest mind set.
    Good job the men and women of the second world war didnt have the same mindset, they managed to turn factories that were originaly producing all sorts, into making Tanks, aircraft, amunition, etc,etc...
    Well said, it really doesn't matter what is needed. it must / should be possible to adapt something if it's needed.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

Makes my blood boil Steve, its because of folk continualy making excuses, and therefore displaying a total lack of ingenuity, and resourcefulness, that we are in this current situation of no PPE for those out there trying to save lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Well said, it really doesn't matter what is needed. it must / should be possible to adapt something if it's needed.
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Makes my blood boil Steve, its because of folk continualy making excuses, and therefore displaying a total lack of ingenuity, and resourcefulness, that we are in this current situation of no PPE for those out there trying to save lives.

I'm an atheist but amen to that....

I'm brian.

There s a worldwide shortage of PPE, folks don't seem to get that ?. Were using about 150 k a day of gowns the guy said in the briefing today. The huge shipment from China the other day did nt even turn up.
    Still if your a clever arse on social media, twitter, etc the world is easy to run

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    There s a worldwide shortage of PPE, folks don't seem to get that ?. Were using about 150 k a day of gowns the guy said in the briefing today. The huge shipment from China the other day did nt even turn up.
    Still if your a clever arse on social media, twitter, etc the world is easy to run
    But there's the thing I really believe that the TWATS we pay to sort this should be aware of what's going on and alarm bells should have been ringing two months ago. am I and mine supposed to accept possible death because this government is full of bullshitters & liars.... remember that our beloved health minister has been lying through his teeth telling the world that all was good with PPE until 2 days ago.

I'm Andy.

Let’s not forget the Torres have already shown their “commitment” to the NHS when they applauded blocking a nurses pay rise.

https://youtu.be/s6_MfQ9FloE

+ Reply to Thread