+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 991 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Well I predict that over the next week we'll see the death figures drop significantly as the lockdown has its effect. A virus can't survive without new hosts. Give it a month and cases will have dropped so sharply they will be able to move on to containment strategies. It will fizzle out like the Spanish Flu did. The economy will bounce back surprisingly quickly. By Christmas it will all be a footnote in history.

Far too much pearl clutching going on. Try not reading or watching the media, it doesn't help. They always come out with the wildest stuff just to get the punters tuning in.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well I predict that over the next week we'll see the death figures drop significantly as the lockdown has its effect. A virus can't survive without new hosts. Give it a month and cases will have dropped so sharply they will be able to move on to containment strategies. It will fizzle out like the Spanish Flu did. The economy will bounce back surprisingly quickly. By Christmas it will all be a footnote in history.

Far too much pearl clutching going on. Try not reading or watching the media, it doesn't help. They always come out with the wildest stuff just to get the punters tuning in.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I agree Martin... we are already seeing new cases dropping off so the death figures will hopefully follow...apparently the 'R' figure is already less than 1...that's all good news

I'm also sure the economy will indeed bounce back quite quickly after all this
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

As I've said before, I *really* [and I mean REALLY] hope you're right... Never more in the history of my life have I wanted to be wrong!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    That makes sense Marco..

Unfortunatley Colin has an "underlying health condition"... his immune system is on the floor due to his condition... he also has asthma.. that all puts him at serious risk which is why I see him, and chat to him, on the street when I go round..
    Indeed, Bev. You really need to wrap him up in cotton wool, as far as possible, until this thing is over. As ever, when you chat to him, give him my best

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, Bev. You really need to wrap him up in cotton wool, as far as possible, until this thing is over. As ever, when you chat to him, give him my best

Marco.
    You are right there Marco..... I'll send him your best... he'll love that...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I share your frustration here Steve,
    This country used to be able to call itself Great Britain for a reason, we were Great, some of the best Scientists, Engineer's, and inventions came from Great Britain, now because we have had feckless governments, and Feckless people running the country for what seems forever, we cannot even turn our hands to making simple protective aprons, or masks for those left trying to look after us
    We have no decent industry left, we have factories sitting idle, that could be re-used to make the necessary equipment we need, but no, we are still relying on the shit coming in from the very country that caused all this in the first place, WAKE UP BRITAIN, we need to stand on our own two feet again, especialy where manufacturing is concerned.
    If we come out of this anytime soon, and we slide back into the same routine as before, then all i can say is "we get what we deserve"
    Evil prospers when good men do nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    See this is what I'm struggling to understand and what the majority do not seem to pick up on, time and time again we are seeing reports that until there is an effective vaccine, we are going to get wave after wave of virus surges.

I simply do not understand why the UK is not gearing up to manufacture 60 million doses in the UK in an extreme hurry ( same same for antibody tests)

Is the UK supposed to get in an another queue and wait whilst the rest of the world outbids us???

There are enough reports of the UK buying PPE from China of all places and that its coming in and is not as spec or under spec. its plastic / paper / rubber / similar, I don't get why millions isn't being spent on emergency manufacturing facilities. ITS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!

If you can build "Nightingales" ( which I agree with) you can build manufacturing......

The UK (-NI) is an Island surrounded by fucking water, once self isolation hopefully brings infection figures down to low figures its Do an Oz & Kiwi. ITS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE !!!!…

I seriously do not get why this is not being picked up on and fed to the great unwashed..... Is the UK that fucked up that it is uncapable of doing any of this or is all the UK capable of, is serving a fecking Costa coffee...…...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

The govt have pissed about over ppe so badly it criminal. Other countries all managed. Hell you can but the stuff on amazon but the govt can't get it.
    That's what you get when you allow a one party state I guess
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

See this is what I'm struggling to understand and what the majority do not seem to pick up on, time and time again we are seeing reports that until there is an effective vaccine, we are going to get wave after wave of virus surges.
    Yes this is probably where we and the rest of the world are heading with this COVID-19 shit. To try and put this in perspective a simple coronavirus is basically a cold virus, this was explained by a leading Cambridge scientist today on BBC Radio 4 involved in the search for a COVID19 vaccine, also he stated that this Coronavirus that leads to COVID 19 is basically SARS2. He said that a Vaccine was on its way and going into human trials but they had no idea how effective it will be or for how long, they will not have a clear picture on that until end of August, and that was only if they got a large enough trial. He also mention future waves of COVID19.

I simply do not understand why the UK is not gearing up to manufacture 60 million doses in the UK in an extreme hurry ( same same for antibody tests)
    As above confidence of a reliable vaccine at present in the near future is low.
    With respect to antibody test it is probably a waste of time as most scientists believe that very few people even those that have been seriously ill develop antibodies and those few that have only have them for a short time, so re-infection is and does occur.

Is the UK supposed to get in an another queue and wait whilst the rest of the world outbids us???
    Well if it is true that antibody test are not effective we have already paid for millions of anitbody tests and if the above is correct then they may be useless anyway and where web are in the queue is irrelevant.

There are enough reports of the UK buying PPE from China of all places and that its coming in and is not as spec or under spec. its, I don't get why millions isn't being spent on emergency manufacturing facilities. [B]ITS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!!!![/B
    I tend to agree that it isn't hard to make some of the PPE stuff. However I suspect that we do not hold lots of stock of the required plastic / paper / rubber / similar to make the kit,. Most industries today run on the just in time manufacturing and delivery model and that is across the world. China, India and a few others are some of the major manufacturers in the whole world of many products and will hold the material stock or will make it, that is why we have access to lots of cheap products. We and others in the West went down the outsourcing route some decades ago. So even if we built the manufacturing facilities in the UK we would not necessarily have or be able to get the materials to manufacture the kit at high volumes and in the end might take longer and be more costly, certainly in the short term.

]If you can build "Nightingales" ( which I agree with) you can build manufacturing......
    I am not sure if you are referring to PPE and/or the Covid19 and Antibody tests, if it is manufacturing of the Tests then we may have insufficient manufacturing tech in this area to actually have the capability to manufacture millions of tests be them Antibody or Covid19 tests. A country like Germany that has a big pharmaceutical manufacturing base has a good chance of doing this but I doubt we have and what we can do will be limited.

The UK (-NI) is an Island surrounded by fucking water, once self isolation hopefully brings infection figures down to low figures its Do an Oz & Kiwi. ITS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE !!!!…
    Yes but are you saying that we are to keep all boarders closed to stop contamination coming in, what about food and drug supplies let alone other needed products, they do not come in by robot but with people and they all get handled to some extend. It is not straight forward I am afraid, just think about the process you need to go through when a package arrives on your doorstep to ensure you do not get contaminated by it, imaging doing that with millions of items as they come in over our boarder.

I seriously do not get why this is not being picked up on and fed to the great unwashed..... Is the UK that fucked up that it is uncapable of doing any of this or is all the UK capable of, is serving a fecking Costa coffee...…...
    I suspect that the sad truth is the majority do not necessarily get or fully understand these issues, or even want to consider the issues above, most people just want to know when it will end and when they can go back to their normal routine, pack the kids off to school, go to work, order in the evening takeaway and sit down and watch the soap and latest reality show, and book the next holiday abroad.

Remember FEAR induced into a mass population can quickly turn it into an uncontrolled rabble, and in that situation matters could quickly get worse.

I believe from listening and reading sensible source on COVID-19 it is clear, at least to me, that their is no simple solution, it is very serious and no-one is quite sure how it will be solved. It may be that we all just have to live with it and accept that people will die form it, how many and for how long is certainly not at all understood at present, at least in my view.

Steve, please don't take what I have written the wrong way, I am just trying to clarify some points you raised as I see them.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

Hi Adrian, appreciate your detailed reply and I agree with a lot of but would like to comment further on a few things..

Well if it is true that antibody test are not effective we have already paid for millions of anitbody tests and if the above is correct then they may be useless anyway and where web are in the queue is irrelevant.

Agreed but if a an accurate Test is developed there should be manufacturing ready and waiting to go. No way on this planet should the UK be waiting in the wings to buy from China / whoever.

I tend to agree that it isn't hard to make some of the PPE stuff. However I suspect that we do not hold lots of stock of the required plastic / paper / rubber / similar to make the kit,. Most industries today run on the just in time manufacturing and delivery model and that is across the world. China, India and a few others are some of the major manufacturers in the whole world of many products and will hold the material stock or will make it, that is why we have access to lots of cheap products. We and others in the West went down the outsourcing route some decades ago. So even if we built the manufacturing facilities in the UK we would not necessarily have or be able to get the materials to manufacture the kit at high volumes and in the end might take longer and be more costly, certainly in the short term.

Really doesn't matter what the base materials needed are. The UK should be capable of making them and making the PPE. I read reports that the NHS will not get properly sorted for this UNTILL June. really??? Could not some highly paid individuals have wondered that when China shut down in Feb it just might effect the UK's supply chains and then maybe thought perhaps we should start hedging our bets.
    I am not sure if you are referring to PPE and/or the Covid19 and Antibody tests, if it is manufacturing of the Tests then we may have insufficient manufacturing tech in this area to actually have the capability to manufacture millions of tests be them Antibody or Covid19 tests. A country like Germany that has a big pharmaceutical manufacturing base has a good chance of doing this but I doubt we have and what we can do will be limited.

I understand that UK Bio Med Tech ( If that is the expression) is some of the best in the world. Its simply a case of build the facilities ASAP. if you can put "Nightingales" into Stadiums it's not rocket science to do the same with manufacturing...

Yes but are you saying that we are to keep all boarders closed to stop contamination coming in, what about food and drug supplies let alone other needed products, they do not come in by robot but with people and they all get handled to some extend. It is not straight forward I am afraid, just think about the process you need to go through when a package arrives on your doorstep to ensure you do not get contaminated by it, imaging doing that with millions of items as they come in over our boarder.

Its really VERY easy to sort this. An EU driver brings a trailer of whatever into the UK on a ferry. He takes that trailor to a big car park, unhooks and connects to a trailer going to the EU, drives back onto a ferry and goes back to the EU. The trailer he dropped is picked up by a UK driver and is delivered.

I'll admit to being a political animal, but my Ma who is 86 isn't. she lives in an a warden assisted flat 250 miles away. she has enough underling symtems that mean one sniff of Covid and she is dead. She told me last week that she thought Billy Boris was a hero because the prick had caught Covid and survived (so far)
    She really couldn't see that the reason the NHS is struggling is because of failed government policies. austerity cuts etc etc etc.

Stay safe

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

+ Reply to Thread