+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 991 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I like the way you added that to the only 'vice' on that list that you indulge in, you little tinker! Drinking ANY amount of alcohol is an unnecessary waste of money if you're on your arse.
    Ha - you see that's where you're showing your Britishness! Europeans view having a glass of (inexpensive) wine with their meals, as you would do a cup of tea!

It's not a luxury. And a glass of red wine at least has some medicinal properties, unlike most other forms of alcohol. Plus, these days a decent 'table wine' is as cheap as chips. I'd bet that, with some prudent buying, your average family of dole-scrounging chavs could be supplied with enough wine (or a small beer) to have with their meals, for the same as they spend annually on brand-named fizzy pop or cheap cider!

As ever, it's MORE about EDUCATION than anything else - and that also applies to knowing how to cook using fresh ingredients. So it's not all about the amount of money you have. Ultimately, it's HOW you spend what you've got that counts!!

I don't know how much these migrant workers earn, but I do know that from work I've carried out on some of these multi-let houses that there's no shortage of smartphones. Maybe they're like me, on a £13 a month sim-only contract. And when working in a foreign country hundreds of miles from their loved ones, 'Facetime' would be a Godsend, something your 10 year-old Nokia brick cannot do...
    Indeed, and I'm all for their use for that purpose. *BUT* it doesn't mean that 'Chantelle from Chorley' [see what I did there] needs the latest iPhone (or such like) to message her braindead 'friends' on Facebook, when that money could be used instead to feed her and other members of her family (properly, with *real* food) for months.

No doubt we have plenty of bone idle little shites, but it's of our doing - we enable it!
    I completely agree, and that's the root cause of the problem, and our propensity towards 'namby-pambyness', because you don't want to upset the poor little souls and force them out their comfort zones, no siree... However, if I were the one making the decisions, I'd soon DISABLE it, and force those who can work in the fields and pick crops, to do so.

That would then solve the need for us to 'import' immigrants.

I'm not sure we can really blame them for not doing something they don't have to do. Especially when there's no financial incentive. You yourself don't go out to work, and the reason is you don't need to.
    I understand what you mean, but the BIG difference is, I've earned the right to not need to (although I still do some stuff), after having worked bloody hard, often over very long hours for years, when I was young, in order to be where I am now.

Similar for them, the big difference being that they're content with a lower standard of living
    Again I understand what you mean, but often the more accurate reality is that they WANT MORE, and in fact, a HIGHER standard of living than they DESERVE. Quite simply, you don't 'deserve' anything in this life, other than help from those able to give it, if you *truly need* it, otherwise you only 'deserve' the standard of living you've earned!

Simple, but true.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I appreciate the point that a vaccine takes time to develope and has to be safe.. but once its there there needs to be UK facilities up and ready to go to make the quantities needed or is the UK supposed to wait in the queue whilst some where else in the world sells to the highest bidder...
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

So would you trust a vaccine for a virus, which in reality we know little about, to be 100% safe?

I certainly wouldn't, despite what the authorities (often with an agenda) say. And not only in terms of being safe, but also *actually* effective in immunising you from the virus, especially when, as it mutates [a near biological certainty], there are likely to be new strains of it in future.

We should be concentrating more on developing natural herd immunity, than on vaccines, which in reality simply make money for huge pharmaceutical companies, and those who own or control them.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So would you trust a vaccine for a virus, which in reality we know little about, to be 100% safe? I certainly wouldn't, despite what the authorities (with an agenda) say. And not only in terms of being safe, but also *actually* effective, especially when there are likely to more strains of it in future.

We should be concentrating more on developing natural herd immunity, than on vaccines, which in reality simply make money for huge pharmaceutical companies, and those who own or control them.

Marco.
    I trust that the whole world is looking for a viable vaccine.. herd immunity is absolutely great if you survive but tough shit if you don't..... and I kind of think your missing the point once a viable vaccine is available you (government) gets samples, cultivates and makes 60 million doses... no big pharmas involved.

The problem with herd immunity is that you don't know who will be immune....
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

and like really.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nhs-staff-told-to-reuse-ppe-as-dept-of-health-reverses-guidelines/ar-BB12N0Vr?ocid=spartanntp

Oh dear we can't make it and China is selling it to Governments that have out bid us...

never mind eh... we can get a Costa Coffee.. oops no we can't they have had to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    I trust that the whole world is looking for a viable vaccine.. herd immunity is absolutely great if you survive but tough shit if you don't.....
    Just like the flu then!

I'm afraid that I haven't seen any stats yet I trust which prove *conclusively* that COVID-19 is deadlier than normal flu. That is, stats produced from empirical and unbiased INDEPENDENT RESEARCH, outside of what we are being fed by the government or mainstream media, especially the BBC!

and I kind of think your missing the point once a viable vaccine is available you (government) gets samples, cultivates and makes 60 million doses... no big pharmas involved.
    Are the government getting those samples for free then, and those subsequently involved in 'cultivating' and rolling them out in vast quantities, as described, just doing it for the love of it? I was under a different impression.

The problem with herd immunity is that you don't know who will be immune....
    Indeed; exactly the same as any other virus or disease humans get, and which is ultimately addressed by the population's natural immunity towards it. The fact is, normal flu kills millions around the world every year, and there's never been such a driving force/panic to vaccinate the WHOLE POPULATION for that, so *in reality* why is this virus any different?

<PAUSE, step out of the bubble we've all curently been put inside, and THINK about that for a moment...>

The problem is that the government and media have brainwashed us all into believing that this virus is deadlier, and we're all falling for it because we're not properly scrutinising the figures. And in terms of the former, the question we *should* all be asking is: WHY...?

I know that's a challenging and uncomfortable concept to embrace, and yes controversial, but we need to be asking more questions and challenging the authorities on what they're telling us about this whole situation, rather than simply sitting back, rolling over like sheep, and swallowing what we're fed as 'fact'.

Herd mentality, indeed....!

Marco [never shirks from saying tough things that sometimes need saying].
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    and like really.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nhs-staff-told-to-reuse-ppe-as-dept-of-health-reverses-guidelines/ar-BB12N0Vr?ocid=spartanntp

Oh dear we can't make it and China is selling it to Governments that have out bid us...
    Ah, so it's not free, then?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Ah, so it's not free, then?

Marco.
    of Course its not free, if the UK could set up and manufacture it wouldn't be free ( no such thing as a free lunch) but maybe front line workers could have some sort of protection. and it would at least be available.

I'm Steve.

Just like the flu then!

I'm afraid that I haven't seen any stats yet which I trust that proves *conclusively* that COVID-19 is deadlier than normal flu. That is, stats produced from empirical and unbiased INDEPENDENT RESEARCH, outside of what we are being fed by the government or mainstream media, especially the BBC!

Are the government getting those samples for free then, and those subsequently involved in 'cultivating' and rolling them out in vast quantities, as described, simply doing it for the love of it? I was under a different impression.

Indeed; exactly the same as any other virus or disease humans get, which is ultimately addressed via herd immunity and people's natural immunity towards it. The fact is, normal flu kills millions around the world every year, and there's never been such a panic to vaccinate the WHOLE POPULATION for that, so *in reality* why is this virus any different?

PAUSE and THINK about it for a second.... The problem is that the government and media have brainwashed us all into believing differently. And the question we *should* all be asking is: WHY...?

I know that's a challenging and uncomfortable concept to embrace, and yes controversial, but we need to be asking more questions and challenging the authorities on what they're telling us about this whole situation, rather than simply rolling over and swallowing what we're fed as 'fact' like sheep.

Herd mentality, indeed....!

Marco [never shirks from saying tough things that sometimes need saying].

Sorry Marco I simply do not understand where you are coming from and I don't think I want to. Covid aint the Flu. Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble
    Covid aint the Flu.
    Yes, so we're all being *told*...

No problem, Steve, I didn't really expect a different answer. That's what happens when you force people out of the comfort zones, and apply some lateral thinking...

Indeed, above all, stay safe.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread