+ Reply to Thread
Page 654 of 991 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    /
    And in your opinion, is that healthy or normal behaviour? They need a damn good slap, IMO. Sorry, but I have little tolerance for folks with that type of mentality.

Marco.
    lol

I just observe mate, I don't judge.

I couldn't live like that though. Every day is gravy for me, doesn't matter where I am.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - so who are these idiots then, neighbours, work colleagues or what?

I bet they were also part of the braindead sheep during the summer, who flocked to beaches in their droves, risking other people's lives in the process, and pissed and shat everywhere, and caused all sorts of disruption, simply because 'THEY WANTED' to....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

No, I don't know anyone who does anything like that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Take my mate Big Al for example, he has a massive list of places he wants to go. He's done a lot of them already, he's even been to North Korea.

I went with him a few times when it was places I wanted to go. He always books good hotels really cheap somehow, and he can us get into the fancy lounge at the airports.

but the only place I want to go where I haven't been before is Florida and he's not going there.

Anyway my point is he's either working or off on holiday, that's his life and now he can't do the good part. This whole thing is really hard on those people, whereas it hardly affects my life - such as it is - at all. Except I can work from home. You see he could do that anyway so it's no gain for him.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    But I know people who always go three times a year and as soon as they come back they are counting down the weeks to the next one.
    So who are these "people" you know? That's my question.

Do you *actually* know them in person, or are you just observing the behaviour of the braindead masses, otherwise known as 'the general public'?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

No, people I know personally - colleagues, friends, family, that sort of thing.

Also some who do team sports a lot as that's knackered too.

You're just lucky if your preferred life pre-covid was mainly dossing about the house doing jack-shit. A lot of people really struggle to do that IME.
    Current Lash Up:

Take my mate Big Al for example, he has a massive list of places he wants to go. He's done a lot of them already, he's even been to North Korea.

I went with him a few times when it was places I wanted to go. He always books good hotels really cheap somehow, and he can us get into the fancy lounge at the airports.

but the only place I want to go where I haven't been before is Florida and he's not going there.

Anyway my point is he's either working or off on holiday, that's his life and now he can't do the good part. This whole thing is really hard on those people, whereas it hardly affects my life - such as it is - at all. Except I can work from home. You see he could do that anyway so it's no gain for him.
    Right, ignore my last post, as you've now expanded a little...

I get all that, and totally understand, but surely he can suck it up for a year and stay within these shores? What age is he, similar to you? If so, he's got plenty of time to travel abroad and see the world as much as he wants!

The fact is, sometimes in life you can't just do what you want to do. You have to do what's RIGHT and SENSIBLE, and be adult enough to accept it.

Marco.
    Main System

No, people I know personally - colleagues, friends, family, that sort of thing.

Also some who do team sports a lot as that's knackered too.

You're just lucky if your preferred life pre-covid was mainly dossing about the house doing jack-shit. A lot of people really struggle to do that IME.
    See my last post, it's not forever is it? I could see their point if it was banned for life, but they'll be able to do the things they want again soon enough, so being sensible now and making a small sacrifice in the short term, should be no big hardship.

In terms of the bit in bold, that certainly doesn't apply to me, least of all Del who's just DESPERATE to go out shopping and party with her mates again, as well as her and I doing the stuff we normally do, which is going all over the place for trips/meals out/music gigs, the cinema (all sorts - we certainly don't just doss around the house), and when things get more back to normal soon, and we can do those things again, that'll be plenty until it's both sensible and safe to venture abroad

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

I meant the general 'you' not you specifically.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Yes it's not forever but it is much harder time to do if your reasons for living are mostly taken away.

That's why I'm sure a lot of people will take their chances and go abroad if it's possible to do so.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread