+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 991 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Nor me. But why is he allowed to be driven somewhere to exercise when others aren’t? And he’s in the most crowded city in the UK - people who’ve been fined have been in the middle of nowhere.
    cant have the pm in a security risk position. they take him somewhere safe. come on, its just common sense, i may not like him but i wouldnt see him at risk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its surprising the amount of interesting open spaces close to many folk to go walks in. daughter has found so many and loves taking dog there. you have to look tho i guess.
    got the boy a mobility scooter and he has used it a lot to go around the area with his mate, although lately its been too cold/snowy.
    ive got to keep my car going as i need the battery full to get my scooter out of boot.

and this is the issue with govt etc.. no clarity on the fact that disabled folk need their car available... hence they need to run it regularly, especially if they followed govt advice and bought a hybrid.... but in doin the giving the car a quick run the/i am potentially breaking law as govt are F***ing thick and dont factor in the disabled, coz obviously they dont matter...Wankers!!!

sorry,
    I suppose to a lot of folk it doesn't feel like an outing unless they have to drive there - places of interest always look more interesting when they're somewhere else.

I sympathise over the hybrid car PITA, I guess all you can do is do a couple of trips to the supermarket, even if you aren't going in
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

you don't need to leave home to exercise or to get fresh air either..It's all bollocks...stop at home...exercise indoors..or if you want to get fresh air and exercise..go into the garden/yard...and if you haven't got either... open a window.....which part of ..."stay at home" are people finding hard to understand?...what needs clarifying about this statement??..what is confusing about this statement??..We are all going stir crazy..life is a bitch just now...how else are we going to get out of this mess....?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Steve.

I was listening to the government briefing tonight.

Priti Patel was like a broken record: "Stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS".

"Follow the rules."

"Stay Local".

All very well, but she tried to duck any serous questions from top journalists.

I can follow the science. Keep socially distanced. Wear a facemask in closed spaces and don't linger in them. Wash your hands and don't touch your face.

But most of "The Rules" are just not understood.

Why can you only go out once a day for a walk in the park? How does that help? And what is this nonsense about carrying a hot drink?

Why can't you jump in the car and go anywhere? You aren't going to infect anyone in your car.

Why didn't the government post everyone a facemask and a leaflet about high risk activity to avoid?

Why didn't the government print posters about shopping rules, instead of shop staff fighting a losing battle with idiots?

Nobody understands these rules. Complete government failure.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    cant have the pm in a security risk position. they take him somewhere safe. come on, its just common sense, i may not like him but i wouldnt see him at risk
    And yet it only took moments for him to be noticed, photographed and in the papers disobeying his own rules.

Sorry, but he’s a witless moron, PM or not. His security team are clearly useless too.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Nobody understands these rules. Complete government failure.
    Exactly this.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Spot on, on all counts, Rob

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest: welcome to the Government's representatives at the Coronavirus briefing!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest: welcome to the Government's representatives at the Coronavirus briefing!

Incompetent, Deluded and Incompetent, and Incompetence Personified. Change by deed poll I reckon.

I'm guy.

I suppose it needs to be put in to context:

Boris gets a seven mile trip to train on his bike
    Celtic get a 3660 mile trip to train by the pool in Dubai
    I haven't been allowed to go to the pub to play boule for a year
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

The public seem to be obsessed with knowing exactly what the govt's guidelines will allow. We all know by now what we can do to minimise risk. The "guidelines" should be seen as a bare minimum, not a boundary that needs to be pushed.

And just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

I have faith that the vaccine will be the light at the end of the tunnel, we just got to hang on in there a bit longer
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I suppose dogging is out of the question now.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread