+ Reply to Thread
Page 534 of 991 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No, I don't think compulsory IDs are a good idea and I would refuse to carry one. Why should I? - it's my birthright.

Another layer of bureaucracy; the card would have to be renewed every five years or less (so the photo is up to date), to add to a possible creeping totalitarian state mechanism.

I don't think they will be introduced here, nor do I think there will any internal vaccination 'passport' requirement, but other countries (including the EU) may require proof of vaccination for entry, just as they do for other diseases (such as Yellow Fever for example).
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Interesting, Barry... We're broadly in agreement - at least on the abhorrent nature of a "creeping totalitarian state mechanism" We need to fight against that with all our might!!

The only area where we may differ, and where my views are in alignment with Guy, is that the illegal immigrant situation is grossly out of control, and so *something* drastic needs doing to address that. Exactly what, I'm not sure.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

You've just answered!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    And how will they do that? The only way is if everyone agrees to have one and you cannot go anywhere or buy anything without it.
    A...
    Such a draconian regime was proposed to the population of Singapore, with the promise that crime would be drastically reduced. The population voted yes, and they now cannot go anywhere without the ID: cannot board buses, trains, or the subway without the card. The government, in theory, knows where everyone is at any time, and what they have bought.

But the crime rate has plummeted.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Martin.

This is what happened last time they tried it, and that was only for voluntary identity cards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_Cards_Act_2006

Also

Foreign nationals from outside the European Union, however, continue to require an ID card for use as a biometric residence permit under the provisions of the UK Borders Act 2007 and the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009.[8][9]

I don't see how compulsory identity cards would have any effect on illegal immigration.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    This is what happened last time they tried it, and that was only for voluntary identity cards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_Cards_Act_2006
    So, without having to read all of that, I'm presuming it didn't work?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    You've just answered!
    Yes, but I think the idea was suggested to the Singaporeans and voted on by a referendum (with, I hope, a very high majority target). The population chose it, it was not imposed on them.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So, without having to read all of that, I'm presuming it didn't work?

Marco.
    Expensive, unworkable, unpopular and pointless.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, but I think the idea was suggested to the Singaporeans and voted on by a referendum (with, I hope, a very high majority target). The population chose it, it was not imposed on them.
    Just shows you the fundamental difference in mentality between theirs and ours [especially mine]... I couldn't think of anything worse, and would be horrified if that ever happened here!

One thing I utterly DETEST is being controlled or 'beholden'/subservient to ANYONE or ANYTHING... I'm simply not used to it. I value my freedom too much - almost above ALL else!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Expensive, unworkable, unpopular and pointless.
    Nicely précised! I presume you agree with Barry then, and consider that ID cards are unlikely to be introduced now or in the near future? Don't you think though that the vaccine adds another dimension into the mix, which potentially could change matters?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

"You can be sent to jail for 5 years and pay an unlimited fine if you’re found guilty of employing someone who you knew or had ‘reasonable cause to believe’ did not have the right to work in the UK."
    https://www.gov.uk/penalties-for-emp...llegal-workers

There are, potentially, 1,000,000 people in the UK without the legal right to be here. They must be making money to live.

To make it easier for employers to identify whether a person has the "right to work" here, and remove the "reasonable cause to believe" defence, it would seem logical that an identity card would remove any uncertainty. In fact it would be reasonable to expect that any employer would keep a record/copy of the ID.

By no means a perfect solution as people would lose/forget to have ID with them, but short of implants/tatoos on foreheads at least it would send a message that Gov UK was taking the matter seriously.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread