+ Reply to Thread
Page 416 of 991 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They didn't imprison the whole country. There's no way to do that without putting the army on the streets with orders to shoot. Even then there would be nothing like enough manpower to forcibly lock down the whole country.

The lock down depended entirely on voluntary cooperation of the population, and they got that because people understood that it was necessary and so complied with it.

That wouldn't happen if a lockdown was brought in without good reason.
    Virtually imprison. During the national lockdown earlier this year, they effectively put the whole of the population under house arrest, with penalties imposed for non-compliance! That's a fact. And similar measures are starting to creep in again, although this time with far less real justification.

So if they can do something like that once, they can do it again, with vaccines or anything else, if they consider it justified. However, as I've said, thankfully this time round the government's proposed actions are rightly being properly scrutinised by sceptics and assessed for their justification.

And that needs to continue, with necessary pressure applied on the decision makers, rather than being allowed to run roughshod over the democratic process, in order to impose their will on the people - and most importantly this time be held fully accountable for any instances of gross incompetence!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I doubt they would try either. They might though make it attractive.
    Any attempts at enforcement I believe would be stopped. The Queen still has a fair amount of clout should she want to use it. The whole of the armed forces for a start
    Do you really think the Queen would get involved, mate? I can't see it.

And with the use of technology now, how difficult do you think it would be for the government to penalise those who haven't been vaccinated (should a vaccine be released), say by preventing them from travelling around the country or abroad, or even being allowed into shops, thereby forcing them to comply, in order to preserve their freedom and survive?

Do you really think that's impossible and would never happen? The point being that they can still get what they want, without the need to send the police or army round [or other 'appointed government official'] to force a needle into your veins! It's simply another form of coercion to facilitate a mandatory policy.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

And with the use of technology now, how difficult do you think it would be for the government to penalise those who haven't been vaccinated (should a vaccine be released), say by preventing them from travelling around the country or abroad, or even being allowed into shops, thereby forcing them to comply, in order to preserve their freedom?

Do you really think that's impossible and would never happen? .
    Extremely difficult if not impossible, and no, it would never happen. Aside from anything else, what would there be to gain from it? They'd just be pissing people off for no reason.

I can see some countries requiring some sort of certificate of vaccination before they will let people in though. Assuming there ever is a vaccine. So you might have problems going on holiday abroad if you don't get vaccinated. Of course if that was the case there would probably be a market in fake certificates.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I can see some countries requiring some sort of certificate of vaccination before they will let people in though. Assuming there ever is a vaccine. So you might have problems going on holiday abroad if you don't get vaccinated. Of course if that was the case there would probably be a market in fake certificates.
    Exactly, and so what's to stop said 'certificate of vaccination' from being required, in order for people to be allowed to do all sorts of other things, under the guise of 'controlling the virus and potentially saving lives'?

That would be the 'gain', but to the severe detriment of our freedom and human rights!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Exactly, and so what's to stop said 'certificate of vaccination' from being required, in order for people to be allowed to do all sorts of other things, under the guise of 'controlling the virus and potentially saving lives'?

That would be the 'gain', to the severe detriment of our freedom and human rights!

Marco.
    That's the bit I don't get. What gain exactly?

You seem to think that the government has curtailing freedom and rights as its fundamental goal and covid just happens to be a convenient excuse to move along with that, whereas I don't see it as being one of their goals at all.

Even if it was it would never work, not in this country.
    Current Lash Up:

I've already explained what would be portrayed as the desired 'gain': to prevent the spread of the virus and potentially save lives, then take credit for it later, if it was seen as having paid off!

You've already [correctly] said that for any government it's all about winning elections and staying in power, so what better vote winner than being seen as the 'saviour of the people', in having successfully protected them from this deadly virus?

I think you'd find that if a vaccine becomes available, the majority of population will avail of it, and subsequently take a dim view of those who don't, therefore supporting any measures taken to penalise them, as well as continuing to vote for the party who was seen as having 'saved' them.

Can you not follow that logic?

In terms of your last sentence, however, thankfully I think you're right!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

That's the bit I don't get. What gain exactly?

You seem to think that the government has curtailing freedom and rights as its fundamental goal and covid just happens to be a convenient excuse to move along with that, whereas I don't see it as being one of their goals at all.

Even if it was it would never work, not in this country.
    True, who would enforce it? There aren't enough coppers to cope as things are, and with the country on its arse financially that's not going to change. And even in the remote likelihood of us being "nannied" thus, what would happen come election time? "Vote for us, and we'll do away with all this nonsense".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I've already explained, Steve, how coercion could be applied... Don't underestimate the likelihood of that (or something similar) happening.

However, you're right, the reality as it stands, is that if there were a general election now, the Tories would almost certainly lose, for the very reasons you've mentioned!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

So you are saying that failing to make the vaccine compulsory would make the Government less popular?

It certainly would with some people.

Thing is you have to vaccinate 68 million people, that's going to take years to complete.

Enough people will have it voluntarily to create herd immunity in any case. And as you said this morning, it's already disappearing from the headlines. When it's no longer news, people soon forget to be angry or worried about it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I think you'd find that if a vaccine becomes available, the majority of population will avail of it, and subsequently take a dim view of those who don't, therefore supporting any measures taken to penalise them, as well as continuing to vote for the party who was seen as having 'saved' them.

Marco.
    Sorry, I am trying to picture how this would play out:

"Well, at first I was sceptical, but it's true - Boris and his little helpers really did save us, so they've got my vote! Oh look, here comes that dipshit who refused the vaccination, we're all virus-free now, no thanks to him. Let's scowl at him, show our disdain. Also I hear Morrisons are refusing to sell to anyone who doesn't have their up to date vaccination certificate".

I'm a smoker, I'm well used to folk taking a dim view of me. Bring it on! And bollocks to Morrisons and anyone else closing their doors to me, plenty of other places who know a business opportunity when they see one...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread