+ Reply to Thread
Page 581 of 991 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591631681 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The public seem to be obsessed with knowing exactly what the govt's guidelines will allow. We all know by now what we can do to minimise risk. The "guidelines" should be seen as a bare minimum, not a boundary that needs to be pushed.
    Yes. If you asked a bright child what actions to take to avoid an infectious disease they would be able to tell you without any problem. But some adults need it all spelled out for them? Really?

The PM can't exercise in the same place every day as it would be a security risk. You have to vary his routine. That's not an issue for the rest of us.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

He could easily exercise locally to Downing Street with his security chaps with him. If he turns left out of Downing Street he could ride to Parliament Square and then up to Trafalgar Square and back past Downing Street a few times. Local. And as we're in a lockdown, there shouldn't be anyone about. Simple.

Or we could just let him out on his own and see what happens, and then get someone in charge who can actually do the job steadfastly.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

This is a very good article, it covers the story/history of how things started, and the theories surounding where it originated, and how the virus has been examined,and the findings etc.
    It really is a very interesting read.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...b-global-en-GB
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

Whilst it's good to vaccinate the vulnerable, I keep thinking the nation's return to something resembling 'normal', might be quicker if the groups that mix with others most were vaccinated first.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    He could easily exercise locally to Downing Street with his security chaps with him. If he turns left out of Downing Street he could ride to Parliament Square and then up to Trafalgar Square and back past Downing Street a few times. Local. And as we're in a lockdown, there shouldn't be anyone about. Simple.
    he could and maybe he has done that previously. But he can't do the same thing every day. If you are an assassination/kidnap target then you are advised to vary your routes and routines on a daily basis. That's security 101. In short, if he want's to go outside and ride his bike for an hour each day then, unlike the rest of us, he has to do it in a different place each day.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quit agree Geoff,
    This is why in Russia, they are vacinating those between 18, and 60, common sense if you want to preserve, and keep your economy going!
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Whilst it's good to vaccinate the vulnerable, I keep thinking the nation's return to something resembling 'normal', might be quicker if the groups that mix with others most were vaccinated first.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

A large-scale trial of a new treatment it is hoped will help stop Covid-19 patients from developing severe illness has begun in the UK.

The first patient received the treatment at Hull Royal Infirmary on Tuesday afternoon.

It involves inhaling a protein called interferon beta which the body produces when it gets a viral infection.

The hope is it will stimulate the immune system, priming cells to be ready to fight off viruses.

Early findings suggested the treatment cut the odds of a Covid-19 patient in hospital developing severe disease - such as requiring ventilation - by almost 80%.

It was developed at Southampton University Hospital and is being produced by the Southampton-based biotech company, Synairgen.

A course of treatment with the new drug could cost around £2,000, which is not that expensive for a hospital treatment.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Interferon has been around for yonks, fairly sure it has been suggested some time ago in this context. There was also mention of Tamiflu, which although primarily aimed at Infuenza can be effective against other viral infections apparently. Not heard more on it though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Precisely.

It should be in this order in my opinion...

1. Workforce between 18 and 65 years of age
    2. Uni and college students 16 and over
    3. Children up to 16 years of age
    4. The retired and vulnerable

That way we get the economy back on its feet faster, then the kids back to school and college/uni after the parents have been vaccinated, then lastly those whom mostly spend time at home and/or don't do anything to contribute to the economy (as a whole).

The government's got it completely backwards as usual.

I'm Geoff.

I'm one of the vulnerable, as is my wife, but as we are not particularly inclined to mix socially or for other reasons, waiting a bit longer wouldn't put us out too much.

+ Reply to Thread