+ Reply to Thread
Page 853 of 991 FirstFirst ... 353753803843851852853854855863903953 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,530 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm charles.

Heavy shit dudes and more coming.

New Delta-Sigma virus expected mid September +/- 3dB

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

And so it will go on and on, and on... Viruses naturally mutate, so that's no big news. We just have to live with it. All this crap is just pure scaremongering.

How many new variants of the flu do you think there have been over the years? And do we hear about those every two minutes? Not to mention that most of us are still here to tell the tale...

Marco..
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    same as any professional army 1) show that they're still required 2) Keep their eye in.

Not just the British and the Yanks, the French are always fighting somewhere too, Africa mostly. Just very rare it makes the news at least not outside of France.
    That's a novel way of putting killing people!

I don't agree with any of it, I'm afraid, as it's fundamentally wrong.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Agree whit you but the vast majority got nought to say when 5% own 95% of the money
    A gross imbalance and injustice that severely needs addressing - and OH how I'd love to do it!!!

Anyway, down to 14 now: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's a novel way of putting killing people!

I don't agree with any of it, I'm afraid, as it's fundamentally wrong.

Marco.
    yes killing is wrong, war is wrong but sometimes doing the wrong thing is the only available solution. The trouble with morality is that it doesn't tend to last long in the real world.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Then the real world needs changing. The longer we all simply sit back, shrugging our shoulders doing nothing and saying, 'That's just how it is in the real world', the longer we'll never have the world that most of us really want.

Sometimes 'reality' needs a new flavour!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Well you're not the first person to think that, and plenty have had a go at it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Indeed, and long may it continue! That's why all the people and organisations fighting for civil rights/freedom, and against 'the system', should be both applauded and supported, as they're the ones who are keeping the bastards at bay!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath
    If any good has to came out of this is that the mitigating intervention of masks and distancing hand washing may be useful in preventing flu and Pneumonia. hopefully we will no frown when seeing peoples wearing a mask in the future

I may not need to, but but I still wear one in public enclosed spaces and I am a supporter of the company I work for decision to make the use of face mask mandatory.

Remember that face mask are not there to protect you, the function is to protect others from you.
    Any one wearing a mask show cares and respect for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    exactly how I feel about them
    Couple of points there...

Firstly, I'm fundamentally against (virtually) anything being made mandatory in a supposedly free country, and in turn abhor anything that creates or supports a 'nanny state'. Sandro, before making that decision, did your company check that there wasn't anyone who suffered from breathing difficulties or any other health issues that would make working with a mask on impossible?

That's the problem with creating blanket rules - they don't take into account the rights or needs of those who don't make up the majority!

Also. how long (the duration of your working day) are you expected to wear a mask for? For me, after I've worn one for about an hour (in church), I'm done with them - especially in the heat we've had recently, as I end up a panting, sweaty wreck! I simply couldn't imagine wearing them constantly for 7-8 hours every day...

And how long will it remain mandatory for employees at your company to wear masks - and who will make that decision, based on what judgement criteria?

Now secondly, and more importantly, and this is directed at both you and Guy: caring and respect for others works BOTH ways... So what about caring for and respecting the rights of others who (for whatever legitimate reason) don't want to wear a face mask?

Or are the ONLY people who matter now those who believe in the importance of masks? Respect cuts BOTH ways, and so should be MUTUAL - a two-way street, not simply a one-way. So you're only a 'caring person' if you wear a mask? That's a rather dangerous thought process and precedent to set!

As I said before, you can see now why I have concerns going forward about potentially creating discrimination and division between mask wearers and non-mask wearers, possibly also the vaccinated and non-vaccinated, and who holds the moral high ground or right to behave in a certain way?

The last thing we want to create is self-appointed mask or 'vaccine police', much like there are self-appointed traffic police: idiots who think they have the right to halt or impede the progress of others who (for whatever reason) want to go faster than them, and perhaps above the speed limit. Similarly, no civilian has the right to halt or impede someone's chosen lifestyle, by shaming or forcing them into wearing a face mask.

That wouldn't be a good thing for a free society, but perhaps exactly what the powers that be want, as a divided people are easier to rule... Just something to consider

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Couple of points there...

Marco.
    I am 100 % whit you against any mandatory imposition.
    I also believe that I have a duty to care for my neighbour and such
    I work in a food factory personal hygiene hand washing clean and always available PPE is the norm.
    The policy there since the onset of the Fauci virus has been to provide face mask and face coverings to all. For those that found the mask uncomfortable face screens are available.
    The company invested heavily to comply whit distancing and hygiene, from really expensive thermal imaging cameras monitoring the entrance to screens all over the place and hand sanitising station almost every 10 yards or so and the unnecessary office staff working from home
    It has always been company policy to pay in full any one not camming to work due to sickness.
    This has been maintained during the all of the pandemic and being pinged or such meant 12 days off on full pay, the overtime rate for those covering the shift was increased to double time.
    We on the engineering/maintenance department work 12 hours shifts and yes masks are a pain especially when in the Fryer room where the temperature is normally over 30 C in the winter.
    We can take them off when in certain areas or while working whit peoples on our bubble to be promptly reminded to put the back on whit a simple nod and one get used to it
    I am free to refuse to wear a mask if I want, I can hand in my notice and change job at any time
    I consider myself lucky to be there, I was working in the plastic sector before, in an extremely profitable company, and I had a call from a friend from there telling me that due to the pandemic all but one of the maintenance staff had lost they jobs for it to be advertised on the same day at a much lower pay rate.

If you decide not to wear a mask or to go in a public square to celebrate your fruitball team winning a game it is entirely your right to do as you like, but please put you rubbish in a plastic bag and take it home
    Just do not take the piss if you se me wearing one, a kick in the nuts can be very painful.
    there is a further thing you can easily do if you care for your neighbour which would make the mask unnecessary get a free test kit from the NHS and do a test daily

Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

From looking at the current trends it seems that hospitalization is on the way down I will watch the trends for a few more weeks hopefully all this will be past us
    It would be nice to know if one got the antigens or not first thing I am going to do when I finished posting this is harass my GP to get a test

I fully understand your concerns about discrimination, we live whit it every day.
    As you well know I have been going on and on about vitamin D since the beginning of this and I am really pissed off whit the main stream media
    The by-line during the black life maters was that Black peoples are more prone to get the Fauci plague because ... They live in deprived conditions, this is total bullshit they are a different colour than you because they came from a sunnier place. they do not naturally make enough of it. Vitamin D deficiency will cause you to be less prepared to fight off the virus.

How much discrimination was promoted saying that Black people live in deprived conditions?

You wont see me being a Mask police I promise I will try my best.
    Why this has to became a politic issue and why politicos had to get involved at all baffles me it should be a mater off common sense and science

Same peoples are pretty small minded, we all are, give me any one doing 30 MPH on a 40 and if I am stuck right behind him I be screaming on his/ her rear view mirror any kind of abuse
    Flipping woman, pensioner ginger Volvo driver and so on depending on circumstances, put my own clone in that car in front and it wont take me more that a few seconds to find same abuse
    We are human and fallible.

You are 100 % correct Devide Et Impera we get it from our first day a school and to stick a label or other is one of the very first thing we learn

Film to watch if you missed it

Captain Fantastic
    Captain Fantastic (2016) - IMDb

At times I should pause and remember this movie before any pigeonholing
    Last edited by Bksabath; 27-07-2021 at 07:00.

+ Reply to Thread