+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 991 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902952 ... LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's not a case of BEING the best, but DOING things to the BEST of *YOUR* ability. Not doing so is inexcusable, unless you're ill or infirm. Otherwise it's just sheer laziness or incompetence, which I have no time for!

How do you think I got to where I am now running my own successful business - by tolerating or accepting laziness or incompetence from either my staff or suppliers? Oh poor bloke, he can't help being 'crap'... Fuck that. I'd still need to work for a living if that had been the case. You should always strive to achieve the highest standards you're capable of. Simples.

I can't be bothered with folk who muddle through life, doing the absolute minimum that they can to get by, when if they wanted, could do so much better. Those folk, along with the intrinsically idle, rip my knitting!

Making an honest mistake, is a different matter, because we're all fallible creatures, but not because of laziness, gross negligence or incompetence - at least under anything else but the most exceptional of circumstances.
    But this will almost certainly have been an exceptional circumstance. You're not likely to get a serial incompetent working in a high security lab, unless it's their first day, and even then it's unlikely that if they were that poor they'd get that position in the first place.

Watch some episodes of Air Crash Investigation, you see plenty of dedicated competent individuals screwing up. Only has to happen the once.

Most of us do jobs where you can screw up and no-one dies. When we do screw up - and we all do - it doesn't tend to stick in our memories since the consequences are not that serious.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Only with internal matters though. I think we're talking about some international justice process, the Hague was mentioned.

I suppose that they could just whack out whoever was responsible, like they did with Bin Laden. Although some people like a juicy show trial.
    Toke a while to do that! and because the people that where winging about it where the very same that trained him when it was convenient to have them against the evil Russians
    And now they are camming home tail behind the back whit nothing to show whit but loads of ex Veterans not being able to have a life anymore

Why not destroying the Poppy fields instead that are still financing a different Bin laden
    I seen the (highly illegal) video of a British convoy drive past this perfect square of greenery in the desert and when asked I got told by this 3 tour's veteran yes that is a poppy field and no we never touch them we got told not to

How the US military's opium war in Afghanistan was lost - BBC News

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

But this will almost certainly have been an exceptional circumstance. You're not likely to get a serial incompetent working in a high security lab, unless it's their first day, and even then it's unlikely that if they were that poor they'd get that position in the first place.

Watch some episodes of Air Crash Investigation, you see plenty of dedicated competent individuals screwing up. Only has to happen the once.

Most of us do jobs where you can screw up and no-one dies. When we do screw up - and we all do - it doesn't tend to stick in our memories since the consequences are not that serious.
    Then steps (as in no stone unturned) should be taken to find out *exactly who* was responsible, and by that I really mean the country and those in charge making all the decisions. There should a MASSIVE investigation into that accordingly, and whoever was responsible made to admit it and be dealt a suitable punishment.

Also, why do we need all these (intrinsically dangerous) labs in the first fucking place? Exactly how much REAL GOOD do they do? And is it worth the risk causing something so dreadful that the world has now experienced, simply for them to fulfil their purpose (whatever that is)?

The fact is, the risk of deadly viruses escaping would be a damn sight reduced, if there were a damn sight LESS of these labs in the first place!!!

We spend OBSCENE amounts of money on stuff that isn't really of great importance (to the vast majority of people), and fucking weapons, instead of spending it curing the likes of world famine and poverty!

Make PEACE, not WAR. That's what the vast majority of the world's population want.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Toke a while to do that! and because the people that where winging about it where the very same that trained him when it was convenient to have them against the evil Russians
    And now they are camming home tail behind the back whit nothing to show whit but loads of ex Veterans not being able to have a life anymore

Why not destroying the Poppy fields instead that are still financing a different Bin laden
    I seen the (highly illegal) video of a British convoy drive past this perfect square of greenery in the desert and when asked I got told by this 3 tour's veteran yes that is a poppy field and no we never touch them we got told not to

How the US military's opium war in Afghanistan was lost - BBC News
    The poppies are how they are making a living, if they burned them down every man-jack of them would go over to the Taliban or ISIS. Some problems you just can't solve.

The British army always likes to have some sort of war going on somewhere, as do the yanks. Now they're pretty much out of Afghanistan something else will come along, you watch.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The British army always likes to have some sort of war going on somewhere, as do the yanks...
    And *exactly why* is that? I can see no cause for good in it, if your idea of 'good' is as peaceful a world as possible. All it is, is a rather vulgar waste of obscene amounts of money and lives, in order to bolster someone's ego!

Some folk have war on the brain - and we wonder why the world's in such a state?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

And *exactly why* is that? .
    same as any professional army 1) show that they're still required 2) Keep their eye in.

Not just the British and the Yanks, the French are always fighting somewhere too, Africa mostly. Just very rare it makes the news at least not outside of France.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm guy.

puppy ?
    That is cryptic please expand over "puppy"

I would not worry over much of what is in this kind of news, they came up whit any crap if they have an empty space between the commercials and bad news sell the rags.

Same dude was saying to give people bleach, same kind of story...
    Hi Sandro, "puppy" is my new dog - six month old Staffy /English bulldog cross, , so quite a small stomach, she has been farting so much over the last couple of days that I have considered leaving home
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

If any good has to came out of this is that the mitigating intervention of masks and distancing hand washing may be useful in preventing flu and Pneumonia. hopefully we will no frown when seeing peoples wearing a mask in the future

I may not need to, but but I still wear one in public enclosed spaces and I am a supporter of the company I work for decision to make the use of face mask mandatory.

Remember that face mask are not there to protect you, the function is to protect others from you.
    Any one wearing a mask show cares and respect for others.
    exactly how I feel about them
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Hi Sandro, "puppy" is my new dog - six month old Staffy /English bulldog cross, , so quite a small stomach, she has been farting so much over the last couple of days that I have considered leaving home
    Cool one may think it was your Pet name for GF and such

Well if you get covid that way loads of peoples would be happy to know, nearly 20 months and counting and no go in between animal has been found.

I'm Sandro.

Then steps (as in no stone unturned) should be taken to find out *exactly who* was responsible, and by that I really mean the country and those in charge making all the decisions. There should a MASSIVE investigation into that accordingly, and whoever was responsible made to admit it and be dealt a suitable punishment.

Also, why the fuck do we need all these (intrinsically dangerous) labs in the first fucking place? Exactly how much REAL GOOD do they do? And is it worth the risk causing something so dreadful that the world has now experienced, simply for them to fulfil their purpose (whatever that is)?

The fact is, the risk of deadly viruses escaping would be a damn sight reduced, if there were a damn sight LESS of these labs in the first place!!!

We spend OBSCENE amounts of money on stuff that isn't really of great importance (to the vast majority of people), and fucking weapons, instead of spending it curing the likes of world famine and poverty!

Make PEACE, not WAR. That's what the vast majority of the world's population want.

Marco.
    To quote Satan himself (Fauci 2012) "not only this research is necessary it is also worth the risk" talking about gain of function research sorry that is incorrect, his favourite word of late, I was meant to say Experiments and cite the paper origin date paragraph and comas, still I am not sure if Experiments are meant to have a capital E or not and late 17th century French pronunciation

Agree whit you but the vast majority got nought to say when 5% own 95% of the money

+ Reply to Thread