+ Reply to Thread
Page 843 of 991 FirstFirst ... 343743793833841842843844845853893943 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,430 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    He trusts to God.
    LOL! Well, I wish him the best of luck with that.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, I completely agree, but then you're talking about extremism, and in my opinion, ALL forms of extremism are bad (religious, political or whatever), so that should be controlled.

However, it's quite different effectively bullying others into behaving the same as you, simply because you think that you're 'right' or more 'rational' than they are, especially when their alternative behaviour is perfectly valid and reasonable.

It's a form of brainwashing/coercion I'm deadly against, and that is also incompatible with a democracy, and which subsequently can create dangerous divisions, leading to the eroding of freedoms.

I've not been in England yet since the wearing of masks was made non-mandatory, so what's it been like? Are folks not wearing masks being frowned upon/discriminated against, or worse, for exercising their (now) legal free choice?

If you haven't seen that happening yet, then I predict it'll come, especially when, in that respect, the rest of the UK shortly follows suit. And that's what happens when a precedent is set for allowing people to persecute others for not thinking the same as THEM, and doing what THEY think they should be doing instead!

Marco.
    Not much different with respect to face masks. at least in my experience. My last visit to Tesco was fairly relaxed (although being retired I can go during a weekday). Some were wearing masks, others weren't no friction between the groups (I still wear mine).

I think that the shit will hit the fan when government tries to reintroduce restrictions. Awful position for any government to be in, but I think that general public are getting pissed off with the prevarication and what seems to be different rules for different people.
    The mixed messages (and special treatment for the "elite" - I don't need to isolate because I am taking part in a special trial for VIP's ), ignore being "pinged" if you are a hospital worker (ok fair enough), becomes ignore being pinged if you are a shelf stacker, dustman? (sorry refuse operative ), milkman (dairy person), lorry driver? well, where the hell do you draw the line? Surely, we are all "essential workers" - with the exception of reality show "celebrities" and internet "influencers".

The above then ties in with my concern regarding your comment :

"ALL forms of extremism are bad (religious, political or whatever), so that should be controlled.

However, it's quite different effectively bullying others into behaving the same as you, simply because you think that you're 'right' or more 'rational' than they are, especially when their alternative behaviour is perfectly valid and reasonable. "

who decides what is extreme or rational?
    David Berg (and his 10,000 sect members) thought it quite normal for him to have sex with his children and grandchildren. Israeli government think it is ok for Palestinians to be forcibly removed from their homes by "settlers", some people think it is their right to leave their dog excrement on the pavement.

Sorry for the ramble, but I think it is very unwise to let people do whatever they think is reasonable - some people are real arseholes.

God I feel confused. Like you I believe in people having freedom, its just that you can't trust anyone to make the right decision in any given circumstance.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

We're largely on the same page, but as I said, any form of extremism, such as you describe, is always problematic and usually leads to unsavoury behaviour.

In that respect (in reference to extremism) there's a big difference between not wearing a mask and having sex with children!

Therefore, such forms of extreme behaviour MUST be controlled and prevented, but that certainly doesn't extend to governments having the power to DICTATE what you should do, as far as having a vaccine, so as ever it's a question of balance.

As for the pinging nonsense, well I've always said that smartphones are wide open to being abused by the authorities, in order to impose control on people, and now we've got tangible proof of such... Quite simply, if you didn't have a smartphone, you couldn't be pinged!!

And how many of these 'pings' are the result of false positives? Plenty, more than likely, so you've got folk isolating and not being able to work, potentially on the basis of a falsehood... Crazy! Yet the sheeple do what they're told and simply all too eagerly fall into line, at what consequence to their livelihoods or well-being?

And it will only get worse... People have been 'slaves to bleeps' for years, with their bloody phones, now they're slaves to 'pings'. What next, in terms of being controlled by technology?? Jump when you're told to jump, smile when you're told to smile, or DANCE when you're told to DANCE??

The world is turning more into a fascist shithole everyday, and I refuse to be part of it.

Marco [free-thinker and freedom fighter, who lives in a ping-free zone, now and forever].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I think that the shit will hit the fan when government tries to reintroduce restrictions.
    The mixed messages (and special treatment for the "elite" - I don't need to isolate because I am taking part in a special trial for VIP's ), ignore being "pinged" if you are a hospital worker (ok fair enough), becomes ignore being pinged if you are a shelf stacker, dustman? (sorry refuse operative ), milkman (dairy person), lorry driver? well, where the hell do you draw the line? Surely, we are all "essential workers" - with the exception of reality show "celebrities" and internet "influencers".
    The government declared I wash my hand of it day, also known as freedom day, Just 2 weeks before they all go for the well deserved and payed for by me and you 6 weeks August Vacation

So that they can do as they please and not having to resign when and if they get caught

What ever happens is going to be your fault, my fault and the Arseholes you mention What ever happens includes even If they re-introduce the restriction

Scariest off all is the exemption of Food industry workers.

Before you put that fork in your mouth remember that the Fauci virus survives in frozen food.

I'm Grant.

well again no after effects of the jab; thats both been free; not even a sore arm. not sure if its a good thing or bad thing disease wise of course..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post

Before you put that fork in your mouth remember that the Fauci virus survives in frozen food.
    Not just the "Fauci virus", not just frozen food:

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/202...h-finds-a-way/

LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just to be clear. what are you referring to as "irrational decisions" - choosing not to have a vaccine, or what?

Also, one man's 'rational' could be another man's 'irrational'. Not everyone has to sign up to your notion of rationality.

Marco.
    yes - it is my opinion that declining to be vaccinated is irrational. But that is only my opinion and the opinion of pretty much all qualified medical personnel.

Obviously I still think it is an individual's right to refuse the vaccine regardless of that. I think that encouraging others to refuse it also is crossing a line though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    yes - it is my opinion that declining to be vaccinated is irrational. But that is only my opinion and the opinion of pretty much all qualified medical personnel.
    I take your point, but I'm not sure I've heard any of the latter saying that it's 'irrational'. For me, there's no need to use that word, in order to make the point that you think people would be well advised to take the vaccine.

Obviously I still think it is an individual's right to refuse the vaccine regardless of that. I think that encouraging others to refuse it also is crossing a line though.
    I agree, but then it's happening the other way too, isn't it? Although, I'd suggest 'encouraging' bordering on enforcing... So your valid point cuts both ways, in terms of it crossing the line.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Cool we agree then
    Could you make your position 100 % clear by ticking yes or no on each of the bullet points on my posts 8413 and 8416

Martin IMO fail to provide any meaningless opinion and this is a typical example of the endemic response one get from the main stream media and establishment
    "would you like to see more discussion about vitamin D in the main stream media?" would require simple and honest yes or no answer and I commend the skill and waste of space that he employs, I am not going to keep going on and ask him over and and over answer the question as wee seen done on same major Networks far to fascionable a trend of late I may add
    It seems to be commonplace these days to assume that it is the job of the media to accurately inform people. With the exception (in theory) of the BBC it isn't and never has been. It is the job of the media to make a profit for their shareholders so they will run with stories that do that. If they thought that Vit D stories would attract views they would run them. If they aren't running them then clearly they don't.

It's not their purpose to perform a public service.

Surviving the virus is dependant on overall physical health and fitness of which having an adequate level of Vit D is only one tiny part.

This is not a 'yes' or 'no' answer because the question relates to something that is , like most things, too complex for a simple yes or no answer to make any sense.

I suppose for people who like to see the world in simple terms - us against them, good guys vs bad guys, there's always someone to blame, all bad things that happen are part of an evil conspiracy - this can be frustrating. But there's not much I can do about that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm guy.

1 in 75 people in England are reported to have Covid; reinfection rate is relatively low - how long before whole population has had it and we don't need to worry?
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread