+ Reply to Thread
Page 826 of 991 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826827828836876926 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So that's an excuse for leaving the place like a midden? OMG, they didn't provide refreshments, a porta loo or bin on every corner, hired help to wipe my bum and tidy up my mess, simply because there's a big football match on and I've chosen to wander the streets, so I'll just dump it all on the floor!

Don't know about you mate, but I was brought up not to drop litter, and if there wasn't a bin handy, to take my rubbish home.

You can't expect others to provide every necessary facility for you in a public space. And yes, Glasto's also often left like a filthy midden by lazy and inconsiderate slobs, and equally inexcusable, which is why I wouldn't go near it with a bargepole.

Is dropping litter on beaches, having a shit in the sand or abandoning your kid's soiled nappies, also understandable, if the authorities haven't provided what you consider as 'adequate facilities'? If YOU create mess/rubbish, of ANY description, in any public space, then YOU (no-one else) are responsible for it, and therefore to tidy it up - simples!!

The local authorities are not your unpaid skivvies.

Marco.
    Where do you go for your holidays? Sounds awful...

Not saying that all that litter is ok, just that I'm not shocked by it. They were football 'fans' after all. And I'm not blaming non-provision of bins/facilities either - the only way that might work is if there one bin marking every fan, and even then there'd be some aresholes who wouldn't bother.

Completely agree with all of your last point, the local authorities aren't my skivvies, and are not unpaid
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - what I mean is they're not paid to follow you around and pick up your rubbish. Some bins are provided for that purpose, but if they're full, it's up to YOU to take care of YOUR own mess!

And it's not just 'football fans' who are guilty of such inconsiderate, filthy behaviour, but you also mentioned Glastonbury and compared the mess there, left after festivals, with that shown in the earlier photo. They weren't 'football fans', so what was their excuse? Especially as most of them arrive in their own transport, and so have ample ability to tidy up after themselves - but no, the lazy, filthy fucks, leave it for someone else

Take some bin bags with you and clear up your mess before you go, FFS!!

What about the disgraceful scenes we all saw last year, and the terrible state beaches were left in, after the easing of the first lockdown, with idiots flocking there in multiple thousands knowing full well that there were zero facilities available because of Covid, abandoning their cars anywhere they could, whether it was safely, or causing an obstruction or not.

The 'shit in the sand' comment was directed at them, as that's exactly what was happening, including pissing everywhere too, because they were getting drunk when no toilets were open, leaving their filth and faeces for the poor council staff to deal with later. These are not civilised human beings, but rabid animals/scum, and an utter disgrace to humanity. In fact, that's an insult to animals!

As for the behaviour of the so-called 'football fans' in London; it's not really about football, it's about tribalism, and hooligans/rowdy louts who seize any opportunity they can to cause trouble and disruption - and in England that seems to be a bigger problem than elsewhere in Europe.

Where were similar scenes of rowdiness, violence and destruction (yes cars and properties were also damaged with bottles being thrown in Trafalgar Square) in the streets of Rome? Italy hadn't won the tournament since 1968, so had just as much cause to 'party' as England, It didn't happen, because aside from any organised football hooligans Italy has, such as the Ultras Macca mentioned on the Euros 2021 thread, the vast majority of Italians know how to behave themselves in public and aren't rampant piss-heads!!

Rest assured that the terrible scenes of violence we've seen from England fans outside of Wembley will have seriously damaged the reputation of BRITAIN abroad, even though the Scots, Welsh and Irish had nothing to do with the disgraceful behaviour we've seen, but I assure you that Brits holidaying abroad in future will feel the effect of that, especially in Italy, given what their fans, flags and culture were subjected to in London.

And then of course we've got the utterly appalling situation of 'England fans' racially abusing their own players for missing penalties, and the disgusting abuse they've been subjected to in that respect on social media, so bad it's now reached the national news, and in all the papers, and which will therefore be seen all over the world.

Therefore, I say to the so-called ENGLAND 'fans' who were guilty of causing all this trouble:

You should be utterly ashamed at how you've portrayed BRITAIN to the outside world and tarnished its reputation. Let's hope that all the good people, who represent the majority of real fans and the rest of the English (and British) nation, can do something to fight the racist cancer in English football and tackle the hooligans, in order to help repair the damage that's been caused, and take some steps now towards restoring good relations abroad!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

face masks and distancing to remain in scotland after 19th. its a hybrid zero
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I think it'll likely be the same in Wales for a while, but we'll find out for sure tomorrow, when Mark Drakeford announces his plans for the further easing of restrictions in Wales.

Fair enough if he feels it's prudent to retain the requirement for wearing 'masks' for a while yet, even though I believe it makes next to hee-haw difference, unless the 'masks' worn (costing around £30 a pop) comply to the necessary British Safety Standards, rather than the glorified pieces of paper or cloth covering the 'coupons' of folk, mostly in order to be compliant

In any case, the English border is only a few miles from us, so we'll use this opportunity to entertain ourselves in England, sans masks, until Wales falls into line with its near neighbours

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    face masks and distancing to remain in scotland after 19th. its a hybrid zero
    You are bloody lucky. I and 3.7 million others will be shielding for the foreseeable.

F'ing politicians don't give a shit and are going for 'herd immunity' at the expense of the vulnerable. It's such a small thing to ask that people wear a mask when in shops, transport etc. Everything else is freedom, so what's the big deal ? Maybe, when the NHS is swamped, they will rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    You are bloody lucky. I and 3.7 million others will be shielding for the foreseeable.
    Erm, for the sake of the economy and life returning to normal, let's hope not, eh?

F'ing politicians don't give a shit and are going for 'herd immunity' at the expense of the vulnerable.
    But you've had both your jabs, Dave, haven't you? So you're not 'vulnerable' (certainly nowhere near the level you were beforehand), and so in no real danger of dying. However, if you still feel vulnerable, then what was the point in getting vaccinated, if you're still going to subject yourself to a form self-imprisonment?

It's such a small thing to ask that people wear a mask when in shops, transport etc. Everything else is freedom, so what's the big deal ? Maybe, when the NHS is swamped, they will rethink.
    The latter simply won't happen, unless a new strain emerges that's completely resistant to the vaccines, which is very unlikely. As for the former, some of us are fed up of having to wear something across our faces that's sweaty and uncomfortable and restricts our breathing.

Try wearing a mask for hours on end, if you have to, depending on where you are or what you're doing, rather than simply for a quick shopping trip, and see how you feel then, such as many people working in shops and restaurants have had to endure.

It's unpleasant and now largely unnecessary, as the link between infections and hospitalisations has been broken, which is why, although currently the case numbers are very high, it's not being reflected in the number of hospitalisations or deaths, unlike before when cases were high and often up to 800 people were dying every day. It's now hovering at around 50, with approximately 550 daily hospitalisations.

Once we ride this final wave (which we haven't seen the peak of yet and are unlikely to for another few months), case numbers will plummet, as will hospitalisations and deaths. Then we will be able to exist without being ruled by this virus, which will always be with us now in some form or other, but will be managed by vaccination, same as with flu, so try not to let it control your life, mate.

However, even though I can't wait to ditch my 'mask', I will still take one with me, and if going into small shops or other people's homes, I will wear it out of courtesy, if they would feel more comfortable that way, and possibly also on the rare occasions I use public transport, simply to make others there feel safer, including the likes of bus drivers.

I'll be doing that because I'm a kind and considerate person, but at the same time I also want to get life back as close to how it was before all this shit happened, and will be doing my utmost for that to happen!

In any case, stay safe and well

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post

F'ing politicians don't give a shit and are going for 'herd immunity' at the expense of the vulnerable. It's such a small thing to ask that people wear a mask when in shops, transport etc. Everything else is freedom, so what's the big deal ? Maybe, when the NHS is swamped, they will rethink.

Happy to wear a mask where required
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

still to get my second jab so still very much avoiding folk. 15/16 months now. it feels like a life sentance

daughter and family released from their 10 day lockin.. all took tests today and neg so all pissed off to spain.. not even a visit

nice feeling that
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Not nice, mate, she deserves a telling off from daddy for that

Not summat your wee niece would do...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not nice, mate, she deserves a telling off from daddy for that

Not summat your wee niece would do...

Marco.
    such is life nowadays. holidays in sun are top.. i shall survive and not take it too personal. and no niece wouldnt do that
    Last edited by struth; 13-07-2021 at 17:48.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread