+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Carpets and Mats - the work of the Devil?

I'm Rob.

Default Car Carpets and Mats - the work of the Devil?

In the early 70s came the move from industrial strength plastic/vinyl flooring and rubber mats (hose downable) to "carpet" and "carpet" style mats. I say carpet because they aren't really are they. They must have been created by some hostile and sadistic git really. Static inducing complete gits to get all the bits off them!

We have carpets in our house and you get the hoover out and hoover them (other makes are available - but seems to be accepted as a generic name for a vacuum cleaner) and after a stress free time the carpets are free of crap. Contrast the hoovering of the inside of a car and the mats Most of the interiors I have had were black as is my current car......they are clearly having a laugh at our expense aren't they.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Steve.

You can still buy rubber mats for your car, there's even companies that will make them for your particular car. If you like the 'feel' of carpet under your feet, glue some pieces onto the soles of your driving shoes, then trim to fit. Best of both worlds
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I put fitted rubber mats in my car when I bought it new, nine years ago now and they're still more or less like new. I just give 'em a scrub once in a while.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Yes, I thought that you should still be able to get rubber mats, but the fitted carpet remains and I find that the area around the mats which never fit flush are channels of dirt. One point I forgot that is main bug bear is the bits of tree or hedge stuff that get caught in the fibres of the "carpet". Sometimes brushing in different directions with a stiff brush will dislodge them, but in the main they need picking out with tweezers to fully remove them (err no I don't resort to tweezers) I just swear a lot.

I'm Grant.

my footwells need hoovering badly again... cant manage it nowadays, so will have to go the the car washers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm malcolm.

Why put carpets in cars, when they’re so hard to clean?

https://whyy.org/segments/why-put-ca...t%20for%20cars.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post

Isn't it deliberate, to reduce the selling on value?
    Dave

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Isn't it deliberate, to reduce the selling on value?
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Rob.

Excellent article I have not seen before and it perfectly explains the reason that it is so hard to get all the bits of crap out of what we now know is cheap crap and not really carpet but a dirt grabber.

I'm Dave.

You think I jest!
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast