+ Reply to Thread
Page 508 of 991 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I think we already know who will and who won't

But at this point I will say that although I've been taking the piss out of Marco's refusal to have the jab, I do respect his decision, and that of others who share that view. All I ask in return is that my pro-vax stance not mark me out as being weak-minded or brainwashed
    Yes - that's the point I've been trying to get across too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

I think we already know who will and who won't

But at this point I will say that although I've been taking the piss out of Marco's refusal to have the jab, I do respect his decision, and that of others who share that view. All I ask in return is that my pro-vax stance not mark me out as being weak-minded or brainwashed
    I am of the opinion, that this will be the only way forward to seeing folks get out again, visiting friends and family, back to work and some sort of normal life, instead of being confined and the quicker the better. Government will never relent on this score, so lets just get on with it..I don't feel weak minded nor brainwashed..and neither should you...Marco..he's like a fish on a hook...isn't he???
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Jeremy.

Loving this guy

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I would however doubt that the majority of people have the flu jab every year, I'm booked to have my first ever one next month. How many years have you been getting the flu jab? I can accept that the flu vaccination is not 100% effective (around 70% you say), that's still a lot bet than no jab, which would be 100% not effective.
    Well, in terms of the debate over whether the majority of people will have had the flu jab or not, we'll just have to agree to disagree, as unless there are official stats on the matter, there's no way of proving it.

My inclination is to consider that most will have availed of it, simply to be (or feel) more protected. Yet despite that, up to 30,000 people still die every year from flu, and among those, neither of us knows who was vaccinated and who wasn't.

No, the flu jab isn't 100% effective, no vaccine is, and yes 70% effective is still better than no jab - *if* you feel that you need it. My point was that NO vaccine is a 'silver bullet', and that will include the forthcoming ones for Covid.

I've never had a flu jab, as I don't feel I need one. I've only ever had proper flu twice in my life [never anything really serious], so consider that my immune system on its own is good enough to protect me, which is also how I feel towards Covid.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I point out that people are picking partial excerpts from statements made on the thread, instead of copying the whole statement on the thread and not just the parts that suits them...
    Yes, but you only see the instances of such where it suits YOU, not where it doesn't!

...like your comments copied about the flu virus not being 100% effective, without copying the rest of the text explaining why the vaccine is not 100% effective...
    Did you mean the flu vaccine?

I didn't copy anything or miss anything out. That was simply my opinion, based on facts. NO vaccine is ever 100% effective. It doesn't really matter WHY, but simply that it isn't.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

You see that's the problem: only seeing what you THINK is there, rather than what actually IS! Where have I *directly* accused anyone here (least of all Martin or you), of being weak-minded or brainwashed?

Just because I make a general point that *in my opinion* the government are brainwashing the public, by manipulating certain aspects of what impact this virus is having on our lives, to suit their agenda, doesn't mean that it applies to YOU, unless YOU consider that YOU qualify as such, by seeing yourself in that description!

So to be crystal clear: I DON'T think that YOU are weak-minded or brainwashed, but I believe that many others are, who simply swallow everything that they're told by the 'powers that be' and obey it without question.

Marco.
    Main System

I am of the opinion, that this will be the only way forward to seeing folks get out again, visiting friends and family, back to work and some sort of normal life, instead of being confined and the quicker the better. Government will never relent on this score, so lets just get on with it..I don't feel weak minded nor brainwashed..and neither should you...
    Well, I've just tackled the last bit, and that also applies to you, Alan. I don't think that you're weak-minded or brainwashed, although I do fundamentally disagree with many aspects of your stance in this debate, but that's fine, as you feel the same towards me, and neither of us has to agree with each other.

As for the first bit, many of us are already 'getting out again', and have been for some time, seeing friends and family [within the set guidelines], and generally living life as normally as possible in the circumstances. I'm sorry that, for one reason or another you haven't, but that's got nothing to do with me.

But don't judge matters [least of all how I behave, based on my circumstances] simply on how you're being affected in all of this, as that's both unhelpful and completely counterproductive.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but you only see the instances of such where it suits YOU, not where it doesn't!

Did you mean the flu vaccine?

I didn't copy anything or miss anything out. That was simply my opinion, based on facts. NO vaccine is ever 100% effective. It doesn't really matter WHY, but simply that it isn't.

Marco.
    yes...the vaccine Marco..

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

There is a reason for the flu vaccine not being effective as the vaccine is a guessing game as to which jab you get depending on the following

The flu vaccine is not 100% effective
    Even if you get your flu vaccine on time, it's not 100% effective. So there's still a chance you can get the flu even after you've been vaccinated.

That's because scientists don't always correctly match the viruses in the vaccine with those that pop up during the flu season. This is what's called a mismatch.

The CDC typically recommends that vaccine manufacturers include virus particles or weakened viruses that have been circulating in the Southern Hemisphere six months or so before the upcoming flu season in the Northern Hemisphere. However, what infects the Northern Hemisphere isn't always the same virus as what popped up in the Southern Hemisphere.
    you highlited/quoted this Marco (i used copied..pretty much the same thing) but there's more...which you didn't quote..the reason why it may not be 100% and you can still contract the flu virus

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, I've just tackled the last bit, and that also applies to you, Alan. I don't think that you're weak-minded or brainwashed, although I do fundamentally disagree with many aspects of your stance in this debate, but that's fine, as you feel the same towards me, and neither of us has to agree with each other.

As for the first bit, many of us are already 'getting out again', and have been for some time, seeing friends and family [within the set guidelines], and generally living life as normally as possible in the circumstances. I'm sorry that, for one reason or another you haven't, but that's got nothing to do with me.

But don't judge matters [least of all how I behave, based on my circumstances] simply on how you're being affected in all of this, as that's both unhelpful and completely counterproductive.

Marco.
    But I'm talking about moving about without any restrictions at all, like it was before this thing raised it's ugly head...and that everyone will be safe to do so..

+ Reply to Thread