+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 991 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309709 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Confirms my view that the ignorance and stupidity of the public should not be underestimated. They'd still be burning 'witches' given half a chance!
    what, ive not to burn witches now?.... darn it!!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what, ive not to burn witches now?.... darn it!!
    I think it's still OK north of the border.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I think it's still OK north of the border.
    thats good, as im rather busy at moment

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Confirms my view that the ignorance and stupidity of the public should not be underestimated. They'd still be burning 'witches' given half a chance!
    Sorry, Geoff, I don't get where you're coming from. Many others and I happen to agree with the newspaper statement Joe quoted below:

The research, led by clinical psychologists at the University of Oxford and published in the journal Psychological Medicine, indicates the number of adults in England do not agree with the scientific and governmental consensus on the Covid-19 pandemic.
    What's stupid about that?

Just out my bed so I may have missed something!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Not everyone is so fortunate. As I type this, I am looking out over a large garden, across fields to a forest 1/2 mile away. Plenty of nice walks across fields or through the forest and into a picturesque small town. However, for the majority, they have tiny gardens, with a fence all round or live in flats or apartments with no garden at all and outside there are just roads with traffic and other people.

I understand why they all flock to the seaside or beauty spots to escape the claustrophobic misery. Personally, I wouldn't because there are no loos open and half the point in going to these places is to enjoy a nice meal and a drink but that won't happen. I'd far rather be at home but for many, they would like to be anywhere else.
    Or start a massive fire in wooded area with disposable barbacues - whats wrong with F******g sandwiches FFS
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Gary.

The “Bill Gates” mandatory vaccination theory confuses me a bit.
    All the trouble and deceit to get everyone this vaccination?

In the given Scenario...
    Specifically;

what’s the vaccination for?
    whats it meant to do?
    whats the Endgame here?

Surely must be more than mustache twirling villainy? (More money power etc)

Not going down the rabbit hole here, so unaware of any theories floating about.
    My take,
    The world, and Life in general really, is built on trust.
    Critical thinking’s important, weigh up what your being told for yourself.

The thing is though...

Once you start seeing bogeymen around every corner it’s potentially a dark and unhappy place to go.
    Facts matter. Science matters. Expertise matters.
    Given all the mixed up shit you can read online - and if you don’t think about it for yourself - it’s WAY too easy to let yourself fall down the rabbit-hole.

Book plug for a terrific read that Directly addresses this:

”The Death of Expertise” by Tom Nichols

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Exper...0138857&sr=8-1

thoroughly recommended, especially given where we are now.
    Interview with the Author.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 22-05-2020 at 11:56.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, Geoff, I don't get where you're coming from.

Marco.
    It was a general response to the two foregoing posts.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Well apparently, as reported on BBC radio 4 this morning, a survey of 2500 adults (I think commissioned by Gov.), show over 50% did not believe all we are being told by Gov is true or the full truth, over have of the 50% believe it was conspiracy by the Chinese to destroy the West, and 19% thought it was initiated by the Jews(worrying).
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    More than a fifth (21 per cent) believe the virus is a hoax, and 62 per cent agree to some extent that the virus is man-made, scientists say.'!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

The evidence for excess deaths seems undeniable; deaths in the UK so far this year have been tens of thousands above the average, and are only now coming down to the average for winter months (and we are almost in summer). This Guardian article spells it out:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...break-says-ons

'There were 49,353 excess deaths in England and Wales between the week ending 13 March and that ending 8 May, of which 37,925 were Covid-related, according to the ONS figures. That stands above the government figure, calculated differently, for the whole of the UK, which was 34,796 on Monday.'

But, in any case, the 'conspiracy' idea implies that the whole scientific and medical sectors, including several Nobel prize-winning researchers, have been conned/bribed into believing and spreading a false narrative about the virus. Why would they go along with such a scheme? It would also imply that, for example, Boris Johnson's hospital stay was part of the plan. I know several people who work in hospitals and, without exception, they believe that the virus is real, highly infectious, and very dangerous, particularly, but not exclusively, for older people and those with underlying health problems.

That's not to say that the UK's handling of the virus has been anything other than stumbling, and with a fair amount of locking stable doors after horses have bolted. But, IMO, that's down to cock-ups, lack of forward planning, and the insane 'austerity' measures over the past ten years, which has left the care sector in particular in a weakened state.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    So, are you against all vaccines, on principle, or just this (so far non-existent) one? I ask because my father lost two sisters to TB in the days before the vaccine for that was developed).
    Nope, not at all.

I'm all for any properly tested and effective vaccine, designed for directly treating a *specific disease*, which is 100% safe for human consumption (or as near to that as biologically possible), and which the proposed one for COVID-19 almost certainly isn't (*if* introduced for human use in the timescale being suggested), as it normally takes YEARS for such to happen, if ever - and crucially that has been created *solely* on MORAL/ETHICAL grounds (not profit or control), and therefore is for the greater good of man.

That's why the great virologist, Jonas Salk, didn't patent the vaccine he created for Polio! See here: https://slate.com/technology/2014/04...o-vaccine.html

Those are the types of genuine people - REAL scientists who are 'in the game' for the RIGHT reasons, and to make a genuine positive contribution to society - not multi-billionaire businessmen, such as Gates, whose greatest ability is to ever-increase his personal wealth via *whatever* means possible, no matter what damage he does to others.

In that respect, you have to ask yourself, why someone like him would suddenly become *so* interested in humanitarian issues, and take such great steps to ensure that he can heavily influence not only the production of vaccines, but which company gets to produce and roll out the *ultimate* one, which when patented, will make him (and the already hugely rich pharmaceutical companies producing it) rich beyond his wildest dreams?

Ah, I hear you say, he's just a good guy who cares about people and has the money to do something about it.... BULLSHIT. That's fundamentally *not* how guys like him work! He didn't step down from Microsoft to fritter away his fortune on do-gooding, and I'm afraid anyone who thinks that is living in cloud-cuckoo land - far more so than the ones who believe in 'conspiracy theories'!

THAT is why this vaccine, if it ever sees the the light of day, and everything that surrounds it, STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN, and we must do our *UTMOST* to ensure that it doesn't end up fatally contaminating the bloodstreams of the UK population!!

Marco.

P.S Adrian, I'll get to your post after a (rather late) breakfast
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

It was a general response to the two foregoing posts.
    Ah okies... More later - some good recent posts to get stuck into!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread