+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 991 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think that those who are prone to the worst effects of the virus due to age or health should continue to take precautions. But from a purely pragmatic point of view this should not extend to destroying everyone else's lives due to excessive measures. People who are elderly and/or in poor health have always been exposed to the risks of other covid virus, notably influenza, and no extreme action has ever been taken to prevent that.
    I agree, so why has such extreme action been taken this time - what justification is there for it now that wasn't deemed necessary before? As you say, influenza (and pneumonia) has killed, and will continue to kill in future, far more people than Covid-19 has or ever will, so WHY have we never shut down the whole country in an attempt to control or 'fix' that?

As for your last sentence, we do know where it came from, horseshoe bats via pangolins (the danger of this exact event occurring was outlined in a paper published in 'Nature' back in 2009), and it has no 'purpose' - it's a virus! It's not sentient, or even alive in the normal sense of the word.
    Well, as far as I'm concerned the bat thing is simply a plausible explanation, but no more than that. I've yet to see any conclusive proof showing that's where it started. It's not the virus itself that has a 'purpose', but possibly the authorities using it as an excuse to impose more levels of control on the population, as governments often seek to do, simply because it makes their job easier.

The data presented in the video I linked to clearly indicates that this pandemic is no worse than any other previous pandemic in terms of mortality rates, I'd recommend paying particular attention to the analysis of the overall death rates in the European countries which shows that there has been zero increase in deaths since the start of the pandemic, but because most countries had less deaths than normal in the months prior to the pandemic there was some catching up to be done. The 'dry tinder' effect, again explained in the video.
    100% agree, so why are we using bad science instead, which is promoting the nonsensical prospect of a 'huge second wave' this winter, to drive all the important decisions we're taking to run the country (many of them, as you've said, which have so far proven disastrous, as the data clearly shows that lockdowns have NOT flattened the curve), when the good science, as shown in the video, clearly indicates a very likely different scenario?

And, most importantly, why is the good science being hidden away, or not recognised and discussed on mainstream TV, and given the appropriate coverage? And this is the important bit...

If there was no nefarious agenda (or existence of sheer government incompetence), and the science/data shown in the video was indisputably correct, then surely that would be a reason to CELEBRATE the fact that the real epidemic is over (was over in May), and that the only reason the case numbers are skyrocketing is because of all the stupid bloody testing?

Then we can all embrace and accept that fact, protect the most vulnerable, by shielding them appropriately, and let the rest of us get back to living our bloody lives as normal, and building up herd immunity?? You can't rule the whole country (or the world) based on what might happen to a tiny percentage of the population because of a virus - you have to rule it based on what will almost certainly happen with the VAST majority who will survive it!

What's your answer to that? It's just UTTERLY BONKERS what's currently happening, and the threat of another national lockdown, based on what - self-inflicted rising cases, which if the correct data is analysed, are easily explainable??

We need to end this 'casedemic hysteria' now, before it leads to the making of even more disastrous decisions!

...the simple message which is that the danger from Covid-19 is nothing like as bad as has been portrayed and the supposed 'preventative measures' that are destroying many people's lives need to be immediately reconsidered.
    Indeed, but will it be? It certainly doesn't look like it!!

So who do we blame, if things continue as they are, and it all goes tits up? BJ-boy and his hapless cronies [and dimwit scientific advisors], that's who!

Governments acted on the predictions of experts, those predictions have turned out to be spectacularly wrong. That isn't anyone's fault nor is it a conspiracy. Governments have to act on expert advice, it is an insurance policy for them. They can't afford not to lest it all goes wrong and they get lambasted for 'Not listening to the experts'.

Experts often get their predictions wrong, especially when they have very little data to work with. Cock-up, not conspiracy.
    So why are they continuing to listen to the WRONG experts, who clearly aren't able to analyse the data correctly (or perhaps are deliberately doing so for reasons we don't yet know) - the same ones who produced a model for the outcome of the epidemic that was grossly inaccurate - why aren't they being guided instead by the scientists who collated the data shown on that video? If they were, we wouldn't be in this mess now!

As always, the truth is to be found in the hard data, and no-where else.
    Yes, but only when the "hard data" examined is correct, otherwise you'll never get to the truth. The whole thing is an absolute and disgraceful shambles, with likely fatal and irreversible consequences.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Why are people clamouring for Covid tests at all?

They are queueing in droves for many hours or even days for what limited tests can be found available, but any results are of pretty limited use. The accuracy, one way or the other is only 70%, so largely useless! What accuracy there is, is only valid at that exact time, immediately after the test you could be exposed to infection from another person. And what the heck will you do with the information anyway? You'll (probably) still need to go to work and take the kids to school etc. The whole idea seems pointless to me, unless of course you think providing the powers that be with inaccurate information for their records is beneficial.

Also, something to consider. Are you happy with the government having your DNA information?
    Completely agree, Geoff (on all counts). For me, the less they know, the better it is!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ian.

People who are elderly and/or in poor health have always been exposed to the risks of other covid virus, notably influenza, and no extreme action has ever been taken to prevent that.
    Influenza is not a covid virus.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Influenza is not a covid virus.
    You're correct, my bad.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I did think long and hard before putting up the link below, but all i will say concerning this is post is; if this person is right, then maybe there is a real danger of this strain of Virus mutating into something far more dangerous, and maybe governments around the world know this, which is why they are desperate to stamp it out completely, i don't know, and i don't think many others out there know either, only those who have studied, or those who had a hand in its creation know more than us, all i am saying, is stay vigilent, and don't take unecessary risks!
    And no before i get flamed for the platform this is on,i don't usualy visit this site, this was linked from another site i was reading!
    https://www.infowars.com/rogue-chine...reated-in-lab/
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think that those who are prone to the worst effects of the virus due to age or health should continue to take precautions. But from a purely pragmatic point of view this should not extend to destroying everyone else's lives due to excessive measures. People who are elderly and/or in poor health have always been exposed to the risks of other covid virus, notably influenza, and no extreme action has ever been taken to prevent that.

As for your last sentence, we do know where it came from, horseshoe bats via pangolins (the danger of this exact event occurring was outlined in a paper published in 'Nature' back in 2009), and it has no 'purpose' - it's a virus! It's not sentient, or even alive in the normal sense of the word.

The data presented in the video I linked to clearly indicates that this pandemic is no worse than any other previous pandemic in terms of mortality rates, I'd recommend paying particular attention to the analysis of the overall death rates in the European countries which shows that there has been zero increase in deaths since the start of the pandemic, but because most countries had less deaths than normal in the months prior to the pandemic there was some catching up to be done. The 'dry tinder' effect, again explained in the video.

I will also distance myself from the various comments regarding 'The powers that be', 'The real people in charge', 'brainwashing, false information, the threat of technology being used to 'control' us, and all the rest of it. I don't agree that any of these things are either true now or a viable threat in the future, and they just detract from the simple message which is that the danger from Covid-19 is nothing like as bad as has been portrayed and the supposed 'preventative measures' that are destroying many people's lives need to be immediately reconsidered.

Governments acted on the predictions of experts, those predictions have turned out to be spectacularly wrong. That isn't anyone's fault nor is it a conspiracy. Governments have to act on expert advice, it is an insurance policy for them. They can't afford not to lest it all goes wrong and they get lambasted for 'Not listening to the experts'.

Experts often get their predictions wrong, especially when they have very little data to work with. Cock-up, not conspiracy.

And the media will always talk everything up, it's how they get viewers, regardless of who owns the platform in question. IMO conspiracy theorizing is just as bad as the media exaggeration and hype and clouds the real issues. As always, the truth is to be found in the hard data, and no-where else.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

You got any thoughts, Anthony, in terms of what I've just posted to Martin (while he gets time to post a response)?

Why has our government been so guilty of following bad science, and seemingly ignoring the good (read as accurate) stuff, i.e. data that clearly shows (as it did in the video Martin linked to) that this epidemic is following the same (largely predictable behaviour) as others we've faced before, including the grossly MUCH deadlier Spanish flu, so why aren't the government using that data to influence their decisions instead?

Also, you state that they might be taking the action they have been taking, in an attempt to "stamp out" the virus, in order to prevent it from mutating into something deadlier in future...

Firstly, I'd point out that the evidence (as shown in the video Martin linked to) clearly shows that mans intervention, in terms of imposing national (and indeed worldwide) lockdowns, social distancing, surgical standards of hand-cleansing, masks, etc, has had next to FOOK ALL effect on flattening the curve [changing the behaviour of the virus], and that indeed nature (or biology) simply carries on regardless, in a predictable and observable way, so how could imposing further restrictions, such as more lockdowns, "stamp out" the virus, when such actions so far have been largely ineffectual?

Secondly, we as mere humans, simply do not have the capacity to prevent a virus from mutating into whatever it wants, so if that's going to happen, it's going to happen *regardless* of anything we do. Therefore, unless we find a truly effective and safe vaccine, which stops the virus in its tracks, I'm afraid that the only weapon we realistically have to fight it is heard immunity, and in that respect to wait and see what nature decides.

And we certainly have no control over what detrimental heath effects those who have unfortunately contracted the virus may suffer from in future, so as sad as that unfortunately is, what's done is done, and we just have to get on with it. That I'm afraid mate, is the harsh reality... We simply cannot stop the world from functioning, in order to fight a battle we cannot win!

Thankfully, as the video Martin linked to proves, the epidemic, in any REAL sense now is over, and its influence on the population will continue to wane, thus follow a downward trajectory, with likely few deaths occurring, (or certainly nothing like what took place when there was truly an epidemic earlier in the year, from March to May), until it eventually peters out, just as all others have done before it.

What we must do most importantly RIGHT NOW, is ensure that those of us who are alive (in whatever capacity that may be) still, along with our families, have a world (one we've always known) to live in when this is over, by making the RIGHT decisions in that respect, instead of continually the wrong ones. and if the government keep on doing what they're doing, that's far from certain!!

That mate, is the REAL scary thing, in terms of what the future may hold.......

Marco.
    Main System

And i get what your saying, and i am in agreement with most of it, however, when refering to this paticular case of virus, if it has been given a short cut route in evolution to humans as many scientists now seem to think, then IMO that would be enough of a reason for all of this madness, because frankly mate, that scenario is amongst the very few reasons that i can think of for the reaction many governments around the world have decided to impliment, including our own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You got any thoughts, Anthony, in terms of what I've just posted to Martin (while he gets time to post a response)?

Why has our government been so guilty of following bad science, and seemingly ignoring the good (read as accurate) stuff, i.e. data that clearly shows (as it did in the video Martin linked to) that this epidemic is following the same (largely predictable behaviour) as others we've faced before, including the grossly MUCH deadlier Spanish flu, so why aren't the government using that data to influence their decisions instead?

Also, you state that they might be taking the action they have been doing, in an attempt to "stamp out" the virus, in order to prevent it from mutating into something deadlier in future...

Firstly, I'd point out that the evidence (as shown in the video Martin linked to) clearly shows that man's intervention, in terms of imposing national (and indeed worldwide) lockdowns, social distancing, surgical standards of hand-cleansing, etc, has had next to FOOK ALL effect on flattening the curve, and that indeed nature simply carries on regardless, in a predictable and observable way, so how could imposing further such restrictions "stamp out" the virus, when such actions so far have been largely ineffectual?

Secondly, we as mere humans, simply do not have the capacity to prevent a virus from mutating into whatever it wants, so if that's going to happen, it's going to happen *regardless* of anything we try and do. Therefore, unless we find a truly effective and safe vaccine, which stops the virus in its tracks, I'm afraid that the only weapon we realistically have to fight it is heard immunity, and to sit back and see what nature now decides.

And we certainly have no control over what future detrimental heath effects those who have contracted the virus may suffer from, so as sad as that unfortunately is, what's done is done, and we just have to get on with it. That I'm afraid ,mate, is the harsh reality...

Thankfully, as the video Martin linked to proves, the epidemic, in any REAL sense now, is over, and it will continue on a downward trajectory, just as all the others have historically, until it eventually peters out. What we must do now, most importantly, is ensure that those of us who are still alive (in whatever a capacity that may be) still, along with our families, have a world to live in when this is over, and if the government keep doing what they're doing that's far from certain!

That mate, is REAL scary thing, in terms of what the future may hold.......

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    And i get what your saying, and i am in agreement with most of it, however, when refering to this paticular case of virus, if it has been given a short cut route in evolution to humans as many scientists now seem to think, then IMO that would be enough of a reason for all of this madness, because frankly mate, that scenario is amongst the very few reasons that i can think of for the reaction many governments around the world have decided to impliment, including our own.
    Ok, could you clarify what you mean exactly by "all this madness"? And also why, in your opinion, the governments around the world have behaved as they have done?

In terms of the virus being "given a shortcut route in evolution", I have seen no real evidence for that, nor do I think that we're sufficiently advanced with biology to achieve such a thing successfully.

So in order to back up your point, as they used to say in school: 'show your workings'

Marco.
    Main System

The madness i am refering to is everything thing that has been put into place since all of this started, all i am saying is; the madness may posibly make sense if you understand and believe the reasons behind it! watch the link i sent in the previous posts, its why i linked to it!
    Ok, could you clarify what you mean exactly by "all this madness"? And also why, in your opinion, the governments around the world have behaved as they have done?

In terms of the virus being "given a shortcut route in evolution", I have seen no real evidence for that, nor do I think that we're sufficiently advanced with biology to achieve such a thing successfully.

So in order to back up your point, as they used to say in school: 'show your workings'

Marco.
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Martin.

I agree, so why has such extreme action been taken this time - what justification is there for it now that wasn't deemed necessary before? As you say, influenza (and pneumonia) has killed, and will continue to kill in future, far more people than Covid-19 has or ever will, so WHY have we never shut down the whole country in an attempt to control or 'fix' that?

Well, as far as I'm concerned the bat thing is simply a plausible explanation, but no more than that. I've yet to see any conclusive proof showing that's where it started. It's not the virus itself that has a 'purpose', but possibly the authorities using it as an excuse to impose more levels of control on the population, as governments often seek to do, simply because it makes their job easier.

100% agree, so why are we using bad science instead, which is promoting the nonsensical prospect of a 'huge second wave' this winter, to drive all the important decisions we're taking to run the country (many of them, as you've said, which have so far proven disastrous, as the data clearly shows that lockdowns have NOT flattened the curve), when the good science, as shown in the video, clearly indicates a very likely different scenario?

And, most importantly, why is the good science being hidden away, or not recognised and discussed on mainstream TV, and given the appropriate coverage? And this is the important bit...

If there was no nefarious agenda (or existence of sheer government incompetence), and the science/data shown in the video was indisputably correct, then surely that would be a reason to CELEBRATE the fact that the real epidemic is over (was over in May), and that the only reason the case numbers are skyrocketing is because of all the stupid bloody testing?

Then we can all embrace and accept that fact, protect the most vulnerable, by shielding them appropriately, and let the rest of us get back to living our bloody lives as normal, and building up herd immunity?? You can't rule the whole country (or the world) based on what might happen to a tiny percentage of the population because of a virus - you have to rule it based on what will almost certainly happen with the VAST majority who will survive it!

What's your answer to that? It's just UTTERLY BONKERS what's currently happening, and the threat of another national lockdown, based on what - self-inflicted rising cases, which if the correct data is analysed, are easily explainable??

We need to end this 'casedemic hysteria' now, before it leads to the making of even more disastrous decisions!

Indeed, but will it be? It certainly doesn't look like it!!

So who do we blame, if things continue as they are, and it all goes tits up? BJ-boy and his hapless cronies [and dimwit scientific advisors], that's who!

So why are they continuing to listen to the WRONG experts, who clearly aren't able to analyse the data correctly (or perhaps are deliberately doing so for reasons we don't yet know) - the same ones who produced a model for the outcome of the epidemic that was grossly inaccurate - why aren't they being guided instead by the scientists who collated the data shown on that video? If they were, we wouldn't be in this mess now!

Yes, but only when the "hard data" examined is correct, otherwise you'll never get to the truth. The whole thing is an absolute and disgraceful shambles, with likely fatal and irreversible consequences.

Marco.
    , so why has such extreme action been taken this time - what justification is there for it now that wasn't deemed necessary before? As you say, influenza (and pneumonia) has killed, and will continue to kill in future, far more people than Covid-19 has or ever will, so WHY have we never shut down the whole country in an attempt to control or 'fix' that?

Because the strategy was based on the data available back in March. The predictions turned out to be way off.

Yes there is no proof it is just the most likely explanation. As far as controls are concerned, damaging the economy with a lockdown makes life a lot harder for the government, not easier, as unemployment and poverty increase, so does crime and civil disorder. It also means they are less likely to be re-elected.

As I said previously there isn't really anyone to blame. Scientists advised on the basis of the available data and governments are pretty much obliged to run with that advice. The problem the government has now is that they want everything back to normal but there is a large and vocal number of 'pearl-clutchers' who will criticise any attempts to do this, as we have seen with sending the children back to school.

And, most importantly, why is the good science being hidden away, or not recognised and discussed on mainstream TV, and given the appropriate coverage?

Mainstream news doesn't tend to go in for presenting graphs and data analysis because too many viewers won't understand it and will swap to a more 'low brow' news channel.

The whole thing is an absolute and disgraceful shambles, with likely fatal and irreversible consequences.

The consequences are not irreversible, at least not the economic consequences, but it will take time. It took over ten years for western economies to get back to where they were after the 2008 crash. As long as you don't have complete economic breakdown economies always recover, and we didn't even get close to complete breakdown. I don't see any reason to be overly pessimistic in that regard.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread