+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 991 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well today I just had couple of ham sandwiches for lunch, no cooking required. Sometimes I don't bother as I've had breakfast and then snacked all morning anyway.
    Sweeties and/or crisps? Bad boy, that shit's not good for you!

Aside from that, I think the role of the cooker (and its importance), is rather different in our respective kitchens!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sweeties and/or crisps? Bad boy, that shit's not good for you!

Aside from that, I think the role of the cooker (and its importance), is rather different in our respective kitchens!

Marco.
    'Great meals fade in reflection. Everything else gains. Do you know why? 'Cause it's only food. This shit we put in us, keeps us going - it's only food.' - Ricky Roma
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

What I've had today so far - Blueberry muffin, bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, packet of pork scratchings, half a pint of full fat milk, two ham sandwiches, and a 'Frijj' chocolate milkshake. And about five or six cups of tea, Yorkshire, no milk or sugar.

Will order a curry in a bit but you don't want to order too early in the evening because the jallop won't be properly infused and it'll be a bit tasteless. Usually wait until about 8pm but the later the better.
    Current Lash Up:

'Great meals fade in reflection. Everything else gains. Do you know why? 'Cause it's only food. This shit we put in us, keeps us going - it's only food.' - Ricky Roma
    He wasn't Italian though, was he? If he was, he's a traitor!

Seriously though, huge sections of the world population (and me), with a deeply-ingrained and long-established food culture, would vehemently disagree with that mantra!

Marco [LIVES to eat, not eats to LIVE].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

What I've had today so far - Blueberry muffin, bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, packet of pork scratchings, half a pint of full fat milk, two ham sandwiches, and a 'Frijj' chocolate milkshake. And about five or six cups of tea, Yorkshire, no milk or sugar.

Will order a curry in a bit but you don't want to order too early in the evening because the jallop won't be properly infused and it'll be a bit tasteless. Usually wait until about 8pm but the later the better.
    "Jallop"? That's a new one on me!

You may be right, as I've never tested it, but I have a strict rule of not eating much, if anything, after 7pm. I like to eat early, as it's healthier that way, so my main meals tend to be at lunch time.

No offence, but you do eat a lot of shite, rather than what I would call 'proper food'... The only thing I'd entertain eating from your list is the ham sandwich, but only if it was good ham on proper bread!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

He wasn't Italian though, was he? If he was, he's a traitor!

Seriously though, huge sections of the world population (and me), with a deeply-ingrained and long-established food culture, would vehemently disagree with that mantra!

Marco [LIVES to eat, not eats to LIVE].
    The character is Italian-American but the play was written by a Jewish bloke, David Mamet.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

"Jallop"? That's a new one on me!

You may be right, as I've never tested it, but I have a strict rule of not eating much, if anything, after 7pm. I like to eat early, so my main meals tend to be at lunch time.

No offence, but you do eat a lot of 'junk' though, rather than what I would call 'proper food'... The only thing I'd entertain eating from your list is the ham sandwich, but only if it was good ham on proper bread!

Marco.
    It was very good ham. The bread was okay, tiger-something or other - I just have whatever the bloke delivers.

Don't see how you can't like pork scratchings though. That's just weird.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Curry is here already, only put the order in fifteen minutes ago!
    Current Lash Up:

It was very good ham. The bread was okay, tiger-something or other - I just have whatever the bloke delivers.

Don't see how you can't like pork scratchings though. That's just weird.
    Lol - because they're one of the worst things you can eat (health wise), and I'm not a big fan of most processed foods. Now, if you're talking about some lovely crackling on a freshly-barbecued pork chop, then yeah, bring it on baby (in moderation)!

What's this about a delivery bloke?

Marco.
    Main System

Curry is here already, only put the order in fifteen minutes ago!
    Enjoy! Mine was great. Still have half of it left for lunch tomorrow

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread