+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 991 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    How do we know how many people walk around carrying the Flu virus every year, and not be affected by it ? why are the rules diffrent for one corona virus to another ?
    This is exactly the point i have been trying to make
    Its like banging your head on a brick wall, eventualy you realise the effort isnt worth the pain!
    Exactly, Anthony - and now if you don't behave as 'deemed correct' by the self-appointed conscious police, you're socially irresponsible!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    But as your friend, I must tell you that you have seriously entrenched views. The person who sees most of a Football game is the neutral.
    Sorry, my views aren't any more entrenched in this matter than those of folks here who disagree with them, so kindly respect that and simply agree to differ. One could say that the reason you consider my views as entrenched, is because you can't see past your own! And also because you want me to think like you.

Therefore, who's views or outlook here is the more entrenched?

The fact is, there is no right or wrong here, only equally valid opinions.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

You only have to look back in history at what many people class as two of the most brilliant minds ever, Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein, they disliked each other for what each classed as very valid reasons, a quote below, true or false, again , if you care, do your research.

When Albert Einstein was asked how it felt to be the “smartest person alive”, Einstein replied:

“I don’t know, you’ll have to ask Nikola Tesla.”

Certain scholars question the validity of this exchange, largely because Tesla…well, in 1934, on his 79th birthday, Tesla called Einstein’s Relativity Theory “…a beggar wrapped in purple whom ignorant people take for a king.”

Other Tesla quotes amid his public disagreement with Einstein, regarding Relativity Theory:

— “…a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense…the theory wraps all these errors and fallacies and clothes them in magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. Its exponents are very brilliant men, but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.”

— “Not a single one of the relativity propositions has been proved.” (NYT, 7/11/1935, p. 23).
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Exactly, Anthony - and now if you don't behave as 'deemed correct' by others, you're socially irresponsible!!

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Yes I do also.

Amazon are giving their full-time warehouse staff a £300 pound bonus this year. That's 27,000 odd happy employees then.
    Unlike those employed in Philip Green's interests: https://news.sky.com/story/greens-to...-days-12143752
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

The problem, Anthony, is that some people only want to believe in the veracity of 'one true science', or path [i.e. the 'correct' one, based on their biases and belief system], and dismiss all others that seek to contradict it - and as you've pointed out, this isn't a new phenomenon either.

Burn the heretics, eh?

And that's *precisely* the problem we have now with coronavirus, as the government (and/or media) only want to follow, or allow for public consumption, their version of such, whilst not only ignoring the rest, but gagging the associated 'dissenting' [equally expert] voices!

It's brainwashing, pure and simple, and not what we should be facing in a democracy. Plus it completely erodes free-thinking, which I'm vehemently against.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Unlike those employed in Philip Green's interests: https://news.sky.com/story/greens-to...-days-12143752

Sad times for all shop workers. Many towns will never recover after all this nonsense of allowing some to open and others to stay closed.

Went into Superdrug yesterday to buy some Corsodyl mouthwash. My wife asked about the perfumes on offer and was told she could buy it.

Meanwhile Debenhams, which is next door to Superdrug here, and stocks a vast selection of perfumes are unable to open to sell it. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Sad times for all shop workers. Many towns will never recover after all this nonsense of allowing some to open and others to stay closed.

Went into Superdrug yesterday to buy some Corsodyl mouthwash. My wife asked about the perfumes on offer and was told she could buy it.

Meanwhile Debenhams, which is next door to Superdrug here, and stocks a vast selection of perfumes are unable to open to sell it. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes you're quite correct..All businesses should be shut and everyone should be at home...but...where are people gonna buy cold and Flu remedies from, if Superdrug is shut?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Yes, we know all that and accept it.

However, it still doesn't address the issue of the (up to) 30,000 people who die every year from flu, which arguably (and there are just as many stats around suggesting this, as the opposite) is capable (the key word) of killing as many people as Covid, and why to date there hasn't been anywhere near the same efforts by the authorities in attempting to combat that (other than with a vaccine), via measures such as the mandatory wearing of face masks, enforcing of public social distancing, hand cleansing, etc, which have been introduced for Covid.

Don't you think all of that would also help curb the spread of flu and potentially save lives? So why hasn't it been done??

Plus, as I've said, many others and I still remain suspicious of how many of the deaths attached to the stats for Covid were actually 100% due to Covid, and not some other underlying condition. I've heard from a number of people I know who have friends or family in the NHS, that they're being *encouraged* by the government to label as many deaths as possible as Covid, when given even the slightest opportunity, when in *actuality* the real cause of death was something else - so what's all that about..?

So, is that what matters most, rather than anything else, particularly how much more insidious power and influence it gives to some of the rather dodgy people who own or control the companies concerned, and how negatively that impacts on many other aspects of our lives? And has done for years....!

Or as we've discussed elsewhere, smallpox could've arguably already been on its way out, naturally, before the vaccine came, and the latter simply accelerated the process.

You or I, or indeed anyone else, cannot categorically prove otherwise. Therefore, whilst I agree that good (and safe) vaccines can help eradicate many diseases, they are no magic bullet, or necessarily (or certainly indisputably) any more effective in creating herd immunity than simply allowing nature to take its course.

Yes, but the point is I'm less likely to spread the virus, if indeed I was a carrier, than the majority of others who are in daily contact with lots of people at work and/or on the way there, via public transport, and also who go to pubs and other social venues after that, and at weekends - and that is significant in terms of how much of a danger I present to others.

Sorry, that's bullshit and more than a little offensive, as it implies that those who won't, don't care or are irresponsible, which is completely untrue.

Not dropping litter on the street, or smoking in public places, even where it isn't banned, but still causes distress to others, or not picking up your dog's mess, is socially irresponsible. Having a vaccine, which *YOU* don't consider as safe and that could be seriously harmful to YOUR future health, is a totally different thing!!

The difference is, you're satisfied that the forthcoming (largely untried) vaccines for Covid are safe, based on YOUR judgement criteria, which is fine, but would you still take one, if like me you had SERIOUS reservations, simply to be 'socially responsible'? I doubt it.

Therefore, kindly respect others and my contrary conclusions, based on OUR judgement criteria, and don't lay that kind of guilt trip on us, as it's both extremely judgemental and highly offensive, especially when we're following the rules, and otherwise doing everything we can, in order to protect other people when we go out.

Marco.
    Chill out FFS.... ...

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Unfortunetly i tend to agree
    The problem, Anthony, is that some people only want to believe in the veracity of 'one true science', or path [i.e. the 'correct' one, based on their biases and belief system], and dismiss all others that seek to contradict it - and as you've pointed out, this isn't a new phenomenon either.

Burn the heretics, eh?

And that's *precisely* the problem we have now with coronavirus, as the government (and/or media) only want to follow, or allow for public consumption, their version of such, whilst not only ignoring the rest, but gagging the associated 'dissenting' [equally expert] voices!

It's brainwashing, pure and simple, and not what we should be facing in a democracy. Plus it completely erodes free-thinking, which I'm vehemently against.

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Alan.

Stop using the Flu as you are comparing apples to oranges...leave the Flu out of it all together, then make an argument...

+ Reply to Thread