+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 991 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676716766 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

I'm guessing there were lots of option on table, and may still be. A gradual opening is first step.
    Will it work? Well sure we all hope so but I expect hiccups, as I'm sure there will be in any way. We still have lots of infections although they are mostly by some people who are not following the rules and getting infected and then passing it on.
    Where I live the teens are all having group meets and drinking and then committing crimes.
    A recent survey has found over 40% of over 80's are breaking the lockdown as they have had the jab. Now they are most at risk yet they have had enough.
    So we might as well go for it as half the country aren't bothering now.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I'll say only one thing more on this matter...and it's from a soothsayer called mad-moon....for the future...espcially the 15th " I told you "
    Very easy to predict 'doom and gloom' in today's world, as even before Covid, we were continually bombarded by it; much harder to predict when something positive or good will happen, especially now.

So come back to me when you fancy a go at that!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A recent survey has found over 40% of over 80's are breaking the lockdown as they have had the jab. Now they are most at risk yet they have had enough.
    So we might as well go for it as half the country aren't bothering now.
    Interesting stat, and one of the potential dangers that have always existed after vaccination: the 'I'm now indestructible syndrome', and which will apply to all age groups

Your last sentence is spot on, and simply symptomatic of people's patience quite naturally running out, and also the futility of trying to fight or control nature!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Germany's vaccine commission has approved the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab in people aged over 65.

The country previously approved it for under-65s only, citing insufficient data on its effects on older people.

That led to public scepticism about its effectiveness, with some Germans spurning it and leaving many doses unused.

But German Chancellor Angela Merkel said recent studies had now provided enough data to approve it for all ages.

Announcing the commission's decision on Thursday, Health Minister Jens Spahn said the move was "good news for older people who are waiting for an injection".

"The new data also shows that the vaccine is even more effective when the first and second jabs are administered 12 weeks apart," the minister said, adding that the law would be updated to incorporate the new recommendations.

Mrs Merkel said on Wednesday that Germany would follow the UK example of stretching the interval between vaccine doses in order to offer as many people as possible an initial shot.

Can we now say 'Told You So'
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Case rates in England 'falling in all age groups'

Case rates in England are continuing to fall among all age groups, Public Health England says.

The highest rate is among 30 to 39-year-olds, at 121.1 cases per 100,000 people in the seven days to 28 February. That's down week-on-week from 178.3 cases.

The rate for 20 to 29-year-olds has dropped from 161.3 to 111.3, and among 40 to 49-year-olds it is down from 148.0 to 102.0 per 100,000.

The rate for those aged 80 or over is now 65.0 cases per 100,000, which has fallen from 101.8 cases the previous week.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

All good signs, mate, that things are moving in the right direction, and will continue to do so, even when we gradually start easing lockdown (although as you say there'll likely be some teething problems, as always is the case with these things). There is no notionally perfect solution, so when the vaccination programme has been completed, we'll just have to get on with it.

However, now [the dates as outlined by the government] is the right time to begin the process, slowly and methodically, of returning to normality, or the normality that will exist when we've successfully learned to *manage* [the key word] this virus, and so in turn will need to learn to live with it and the continual risk (albeit grossly reduced) it will present us, as that's all we can realistically do!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

I have problems with some recent posts assumptions.

There is no information that says if you’re vaccinated you can’t get the virus, (they think that the effects will be less) or pass it on. People are being sold on the idea that having been vaccinated they can get back to normal.

Statistics being banded around from Government bodies are reliable and true, really! ‘Flu infections and deaths are near enough zero! Are people really stupid enough to believe this? Deaths within 28 days of testing positive for COVID-19 are declared as being from COVID-19, even from car accidents.

The current COVID-19 tests are invalid even resorting to the WHO’s instructions.

Trusting the Government not to continually move the goalposts, using new variants (all viruses mutate, it’s how they survive) to extend any restrictions.

No one can seriously believe the Government has a clue (along with the rest of the World) what they are doing to our lives, they have a beautifully enhanced bubble, or if they do they’re really playing us. Pay people to use restaurants, oh shit no close them down. Open up Universities so people from all corners can congregate, oh shit no put all the pupils in isolation.

You couldn’t write this crap, does no one use common sense anymore?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Trusting the Government not to continually move the goalposts, using new variants (all viruses mutate, it’s how they survive) to extend any restrictions.
    What would be their motivation for that, Gary, and please show some evidence to confirm any subsequently stated assumptions.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

flu is much harder to transmit, and with people staying away from each other and washing hands/wearing masks, its not unexpected that it would be low... but i guess it really has to be conspiricy like everything else also more people got flu jab this year
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread