+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 991 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

they help reduce the trajectory of coughs, sneezes etc, so you dont infect anyone i guess.. who now reccommends them, so im sure they play a part in reducing transmission. its not an 'instead of proper hygiene and distancing thing tho'
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...and I guess that would also apply to someone with the flu or any other infectious disease, so where does it end?

Must we from now on all walk around with masks on, face shields, or goodness knows what else, in constant fear of being 'infected' by this, that or the next thing, continually disinfecting ourselves, and treating each other as lepers, whilst our immune systems slowly become weakened to the point of ineffectiveness?

That's not how humans are biologically designed to function! We've always lived in the presence of (potentially fatal) infectious diseases, many more deadly than Covid-19, without all this palaver. It's BULLSHIT.

The sooner we learn to live with this virus, as we've done before with any other, without the removal of our freedom of choice, the better, but that will never happen if we continue meekly complying with every unjustified mandatory measure that the government impose on us!

Be very careful people, about where all this could end, if we just sit back and take it

Marco.
    tbh it does, or probably should do; but there it should be if you have a cough, cold or flu like symptoms but have to go out.. I get annoyed at all the folk wandering about shops etc coughing all over others and produce etc..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Really? I've just been wearing a normal one. Are you sure a donkey mask would provide the right level of protection?

Very good!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tbh it does, or probably should do; but there it should be if you have a cough, cold or flu like symptoms but have to go out.. I get annoyed at all the folk wandering about shops etc coughing all over others and produce etc..
    Mask wearing should never be mandatory though, Grant. As humans, we're designed to 'catch' things, and our body deals with them and we become STRONGER as a result. The behaviour you've outlined annoys me too, but the answer isn't to FORCE everyone, the majority who conduct themselves properly, to behave in a certain way.

As I've frequently said, extremes/blanket measures simply don't work and are never a proper solution to anything.

One of the main reasons why people are weaker than ever now, in that respect, is because for years so many of us have been pumped full of antibiotics/chemicals, which basically poison our system in order to 'treat' a condition, which is largely lifestyle/diet related, rather than changing/improving the latter [tackling the issue at source] and removing or lessening the need for antibiotics.

But the promotion and creation of a healthier lifestyle/stronger immune system, and generally healthier human population, doesn't make money for the big pharmaceutical companies, does it?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Really? I've just been wearing a normal one. Are you sure a donkey mask would provide the right level of protection?

Probably not, but if we do all adopt animal face masks things will rapidly start getting a bit 'Wicker Man':

Of course there are areas of Scotland where they think The Wicker Man is a documentary so that might be where Marco was coming from...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Mask wearing should never be mandatory though, Grant. As humans, we're designed to 'catch' things, and our body deals with them and we become STRONGER as a result. That behaviour annoys me too, but the answer isn't to FORCE everyone, many who don't do what you've described, to behave in a certain way. As I've frequently said, extremes simply don't work.

One of the main reasons why we're weaker than ever now, in that respect, is because for years so many of us have been pumped full of antibiotics, which basically poison our system in order to 'treat' a condition, which is largely lifestyle/diet related, rather than changing/improving the latter [tackling the issue at source] and removing, or lessening the need for antibiotics.

But the promotion and creation of a healthier lifestyle, and generally healthier human race doesn't make money for the pharmaceutical companies, does it?

Marco.
    i dont know in this case.. folk were not bothering on there own bat tbh. Guy that does the boy's shopping says few were wearing them, but now if you want in you have to.
    Obviously i wont accept the need for them all time and sure the govt will cancel it when the risks say so; or feel the voter's ire.

but if youve got an infection and go out it should be mandatory to wear them in confined places.. its only fair and would save the country a fortune
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not effective at all according to the Centre For Infectious Disease. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...sed-sound-data

Surgical masks are not much better. These pound shop things you see the odd (in both senses of the word) people wearing are equally ineffective. They will slightly contain a cough or sneeze compared to nothing though, so there is some marginal benefit. But as CFID point out, this can be more than nullified by the unwarranted sense of safety mask-wearers can have.
    Precisely! As I said before, ultimately this is more about (supposedly) giving people more confidence to go out and shop, in an attempt to help the economy, and to make them feel 'safer' doing so, and less about preventing the spread of the virus.

Trouble is, it's likely to backfire on them when, as Mike pointed out earlier, it simply becomes too much of a ballache to physically shop, and/or folk like me who refuse to be made to wear a face mask stop going to shops, and so it simply drives everything online and fatally kills the high street once and for all!

Or maybe, that's actually what they want....?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i dont know in this case.. folk were not bothering on there own bat tbh. Guy that does the boy's shopping says few were wearing them, but now if you want in you have to.
    Obviously i wont accept the need for them all time and sure the govt will cancel it when the risks say so; or feel the voter's ire.

but if youve got an infection and go out it should be mandatory to wear them in confined places.. its only fair and would save the country a fortune
    Then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that, mate. I have a MASSIVE problem with anything like this being made mandatory by the authorities, in a supposedly free country!

As for the bit in bold, like I said before, let's see how long it lasts in Scotland, as zero death rates continue, and the presence and influence of the virus continues to diminish...

Should that still be the case in, say, a month's time, then what would your position be on the mandatory wearing of face masks, or how long do you think the ruling could justifiably be allowed to continue in that situation, where they're simply no longer needed?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that, mate. I have a MASSIVE problem with anything like this being made mandatory by the authorities, in a supposedly free country!

As for the bit in bold, like I said before, let's see how long it lasts in Scotland, as zero death rates continue, and the presence and influence of the virus continues to diminish...

Should that still be the case in, say, a month's time, then what would your position be on the mandatory wearing of face masks, or how long do you think the ruling could justifiably be allowed to continue in that situation, where they're simply no longer needed?

Marco.
    id expect it to be reduced to prefferable in 2 months, if we continue to keep on top.. trouble is few countries are as clear as we are so incomers are the risk at moment.

im not big on laws re freedom either as its a slippery slope, but this is a very dangerous time as we dont want it coming back and shutting down the country
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

and/or folk like me who refuse to be made to wear a face mask stop going to shops, and so it simply drives everything online and fatally kills the high street once and for all!

Or maybe, that's actually what they want....?

Marco.
    But that’s a choice you’re making. You’re choosing not to support the high street because you don’t want to wear a mask and that’s fine, but you can then go blaming the closure of high street shops on masks if it’s simply people refusing to wear them!

I’m not a fan of wearing a mask, but I wanted my hair cut on Monday and I needed an eye test yesterday and both establishments required me to wear one, so I stuck one on and got on with it. I fail to see the issue to be honest - if it provides even a small amount of protection from the coughing, sneezing dimwits who are out and about, there what’s the problem?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread