+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 991 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Also see here: https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/07/1...eas-in-englan/

I guess it depends on the figures you want to believe

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, Jon, totally disagree. However, my main point (and grievance) is that it's being made MANDATORY. If the wearing of face masks was simply a government *recommendation* or advisory, then it would be different, and so might my feelings towards the matter. We're not being asked; we're being TOLD, and with the prospect of being fined £100 by the police for non-compliance. That's the difference!

I don't like being TOLD what to do [which, to answer your question, is in effect removing my freedom], hence if it becomes the same in Wales, I'll be shopping online until this pandemic is over and/or the levels of infection are so low that the government can no longer justify the wearing of face coverings as mandatory. Therefore, my decision not to wear one in the meantime won't be 'harming' anyone!

The point is, if they get mass compliance, and such little resistance with this mandatory measure, what else in future will become MANDATORY - vaccines?

Yeah, a vaccine that by the time it's introduced will be to 'cure' a virus that'll have already mutated several times, and where it's strongly suspected that those who've had it only retain a level of immunity for around 3 months! So what chance at this stage is there of a vaccine being any more effective??

None... But that won't stop them from introducing one because money needs to be made!!

Marco.
    Completely agree, went into a shop the other day, was told to follow the arrows, i did briefly but then didn't want to walk around a particular section, a total waste of time to me, bloke told me again, i just left the shop, felt like a fucking idiot, having to do some stupid waltz around part of the shop i had no interest in, like you say, if shopping becomes too much of a pita I just won't bother. On the contrary went to London department stores, none of this crap, no arrows to follow, just entry and entrance specified, that was fine. By the way, what happens when furlough ends and 9 million peoples jobs are in the air? This shit is crazy, we've willingly walked into a massive economic downturn, the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 1930s. Expect the breakdown of the world economy in 2021, and then Trump and Xi Jinping go head to head. Everything is unstable at the moment, Putin, the Arab world, the US, UK, I wouldn't put nuclear holocaust off the menu either, there's just no alternatives.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    My main concern is the "sense of security" that a face mask gives overrides lots of peoples care and concern for others.

It has been very noticeable to me, on shopping trips, that lots of people give up on any form of social distancing once they have the mask (or worse full face visor) on. Several times I have been bumped in to by people (funnily enough mostly women) when they stretch to reach goods. If they feel that confident with a mask, do they even bother with hand washing?
    I popped in to Tesco (Copdock) after work yesterday and there absolutely zero social distancing, and for some reason they'd removed all the arrows from the floor.
    I can't say i saw many (apart from most elderly) wearing a mask, whereas when i went into Asda last week the opposite was true.
    Not sure what it is with Tesco, but i've seen a lot a people saying the same thing. Greed, i guess.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I popped in to Tesco (Copdock) after work yesterday and there absolutely zero social distancing, and for some reason they'd removed all the arrows from the floor.
    I can't say i saw many (apart from most elderly) wearing a mask, whereas when i went into Asda last week the opposite was true.
    Not sure what it is with Tesco, but i've seen a lot a people saying the same thing. Greed, i guess.
    Thats the one in particular - I was queuing for the checkout (only three people in front) which runs by the soft drinks. Rather large woman behind me, wearing visor and also queuing for checkout, decided that she wanted a bottle of Diet Coke which happened to be on the shelf next to me. So she moved forward, banged in to me as she stretched out to get it.
    Stupid woman would have been next to what she wanted as the line moved forward, but no patience - "I want, and I want it NOW"
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Indeed, Guy! Exactly my thoughts, and (thankfully for now) also those of the Welsh Government. So I wonder who is 'right'? You have to judge the situation as a whole.

And just *how* effective are the homemade masks, which most people will be wearing, against preventing the spread of Coronavirus - and where's the indisputable scientific proof for that?
    Not effective at all according to the Centre For Infectious Disease. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...sed-sound-data

Surgical masks are not much better. These pound shop things you see the odd (in both senses of the word) people wearing are equally ineffective. They will slightly contain a cough or sneeze compared to nothing though, so there is some marginal benefit. But as CFID point out, this can be more than nullified by the unwarranted sense of safety mask-wearers can have.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Of course a facemask will have some useful effect. It's obviously not airtight (you'd suffocate ), but it provides some deflection and a modest amount of filtering. You only have to watch the fumes billowing around enthusiastic vape pen/Ecigarette users to realise how breath travels.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

For those with a preference for wearing a mask,

Proper certified SN KN95 masks here:
    https://www.gearbest.com/braces---supports/pp_3007767955841388.html?wid=2000001#goodsDetail

Poundland specials/ Your Grannie's scarf don't work and gives a false sense of security which I personally wouldn't bet on.

Putting it another way:
    If a fart...with its large brown particles ... can travel through a set of undercrackers AND a pair of jeans;
    a thin piece of cloth around your face wont stop aerosol transmission of Covid-19.

You breath through the material, and that is filtered down to a particular particle size.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 15-07-2020 at 07:55.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    If a fart...with its large brown particles ... can travel through a set of undercrackers AND a pair of jeans;
    a thin piece of cloth around your face wont stop aerosol transmission of Covid-19.
    Same principle applies to women wearing perfume. If you can smell them, as you often can, they can potentially infect you.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

I'll be wearing hee-haw masks, I can assure you,..
    Really? I've just been wearing a normal one. Are you sure a donkey mask would provide the right level of protection?

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Same principle applies to women wearing perfume. If you can smell them, as you often can, they can potentially infect you.
    ...and I guess that would also apply to someone with the flu or any other infectious disease, so where does it end?

Must we from now on all walk around with masks on, face shields, or goodness knows what else, in constant fear of being 'infected' by this, that or the next thing, continually disinfecting ourselves and treating each other as lepers, whilst our immune systems slowly become weakened to the point of ineffectiveness?

That's not how humans are biologically designed to function! We've always lived in the presence of (potentially fatal) infectious diseases, many more deadly than Covid-19, without all this palaver. It's BULLSHIT.

The sooner we learn to live with this virus, as we've done before with any other, without the removal of our freedom of choice, the better, but that will never happen if we continue meekly complying with every unjustified mandatory measure that the government impose on us!

Be very careful people, about where all this could end, if we all just sit back and take it

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread