+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 991 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Jon.

How is being asking to wear a mask removing ones freedom exactly?
    Lets put it into perspective, we're being asked to wear a mask for say 15 minutes when we shop, but the health and care workers have to wear them for say 8-12 hours plus a day.
    What's the hardship for the shopping public?
    If any of us were unfortunate enough to get the virus, would we lecture our NHS carers that their freedom was being eroded for wearing a mask and keeping us safe?
    This backlash against masks seems (and i've been following all avenues of social media etc since it was announced) to be from the left and people who've got absolutely fuck all better to do with their time.

I'm Gary.

Too many armchair experts on this...Not a dig at anyone here btw...but with many different takes on what’s happening and why flying around I’m very careful where I get my information from.

Trusting what Dr Anthony Fauci is putting out above any other source.

Director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since the 80’s, and Advisor to every President since Reagan on Public Health.
    The fact Trump is attempting to discredit him now speaks for itself:
    “Were doing a wonderful job, nothing to see here, go back to school kids...” etc.

Fauci’s - facts based on science and data driven statements on mask wearing and why.

Sorry, anything else is just noise.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 14-07-2020 at 20:15.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sorry, Jon, totally disagree. However, my main point (and grievance) is that it's being made MANDATORY. If the wearing of face masks was simply a government *recommendation* or advisory, then it would be different, and so might my feelings towards the matter. We're not being asked; we're being TOLD, and with the prospect of being fined £100 by the police for non-compliance. That's the difference!

I don't like being TOLD what to do [which, to answer your question, is in effect removing my freedom], hence if it becomes the same in Wales, I'll be shopping online until this pandemic is over and/or the levels of infection are so low that the government can no longer justify the wearing of face coverings as mandatory. Therefore, my decision not to wear one in the meantime won't be 'harming' anyone!

The point is, if they get mass compliance, and such little resistance with this mandatory measure, what else in future will become MANDATORY - vaccines?

Yeah, a vaccine that by the time it's introduced will be to 'cure' a virus that'll have already mutated several times, and where it's strongly suspected that those who've had it only retain a level of immunity for around 3 months! So what chance at this stage is there of a vaccine being any more effective??

None... But that won't stop them from introducing one because money needs to be made!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Too many armchair experts on this...Not a dig at anyone here btw...but with many different takes on what’s happening and why flying around I’m very careful where I get my information from.

Trusting what Dr Anthony Fauci is putting out above any other source.

Director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since the 80’s, and Advidor to every President since Reagan on Public Health.
    The fact Trump is attempting to discredit him now speaks for itself:
    “Were doing a wonderful job, nothing to see here, go back to school kids...” etc.

Fauci’s - fact based on science and data driven statements on mask wearing and why.

Anything else is just noise.
    You mean the same Fauci who's on the payroll of Bill Gates and the Elite? Sorry, no chance! Trump is discrediting him now because he's discovered where his allegiances lie... He's another bent fuck that will be exposed soon and get his comeuppance.

So, I'm sorry, but I stand by everything I said earlier.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i think its because folk are getting back to mingling... thats mingling, not minging
    Well, let's see how long the rule remains in place in Scotland, in the face of ever-falling infection rates among the Scottish population... If things continue as they are [and let's hope so], how will they be able to continue justifying the mandatory wearing of masks?

I predict it'll simply become part of the the 'new normal', if WE allow it to happen, and continue meekly acquiescing to their mind control.

Have masks ever been introduced before for 'protecting' people against the flu? And which historically has killed many, many more people worldwide than Covid-19 has or ever will do! No - and that's because flu has never been able to be used as an excuse for the authorities to try and control how we live.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You mean the same Fauci who's on the payroll of Bill Gates and the Elite? Sorry, no chance! Trump is discrediting him now because he's discovered where his allegiances lie... He's another bent fuck that will be exposed soon and get his comeuppance.

So, I'm sorry, but I stand by everything I said earlier.

Marco.
    Happy to read any proof of this otherwise it’s just speculation and belief.
    Not trying to change anyones opinions, we all believe what we believe.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Lol - of course there's no 'proof' of such available yet in the public domain, otherwise Fauci would've already have been dealt with. Do your own research into him, mate, the same as i have, and then as you say, believe what you want to believe

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

My main concern is the "sense of security" that a face mask gives overrides lots of peoples care and concern for others.

It has been very noticeable to me, on shopping trips, that lots of people give up on any form of social distancing once they have the mask (or worse full face visor) on. Several times I have been bumped in to by people (funnily enough mostly women) when they stretch to reach goods. If they feel that confident with a mask, do they even bother with hand washing?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Indeed, Guy! Exactly my thoughts, and (thankfully for now) also those of the Welsh Government. So I wonder who is 'right'? You have to judge the situation as a whole.

And just *how* effective are the homemade masks, which most people will be wearing, against preventing the spread of Coronavirus - and where's the indisputable scientific proof for that?

Will any checks be done to ensure that the masks people are wearing have been made correctly? I doubt it, which is why, as the video I posted a link to earlier showed, with the chap going into a Walmart store wearing what was effectively a completely open mask and no-one saying diddly squat, it shows it's far more about COMPLIANCE than safety!

If they're going to make anything compulsory, then make it the wearing of a proper PPE face shield and mask (as used by NHS workers), as at least they're proven to be effective, thus will prevent the spread of the virus, but they won't do that for obvious reasons.

And if police officers aren't available to enforce this new rule for wearing masks, or fine those who flout it (as they could be involved in dealing with something more important elsewhere), then who's going to do it - a shop assistant on minimum wage? I don't think so, especially if someone has strong feelings on the matter, and things could get heated!

No, they're simply relying on the propensity of the good old British public to behave like sheep and do what they're told, and which is sadly what will probably happen

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well I won't be flying anywhere in the near future. The thought of having to wear a mask for hours on end is not for me.

I believe that some carriers say those flying business class will not have to wear masks during the flight - but the increase in ticket price to do so is a heavy price to pay for most people.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread