+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 991 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Of course, I see them go by my window, either looking at screen or up at ear. Some folk, and women are worst offenders just seem to be more comfortable that way.
    I guess it could be worse what with drink drugs food sex robbery, phone addiction isn't the worst habit.
    I have a theory a lot of women feel it is comforting when walking alone to speak with someone.
    But maybe they are just bonkers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I understand your other points, and agree that they could be contributing factors towards said behaviour. The fact is, women are naturally more social creatures. However...

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I guess it could be worse what with drink drugs food sex robbery, phone addiction isn't the worst habit.
    Unfortunately it is in our current situation, where technology is being used to brainwash people into behaving in a manner that serves to further the establishment agenda, surreptitiously via government instruction, and potentially with a view to removing (or severely restricting) their civil liberties.

And the sheep, unless they wake up soon and smell the coffee, will simply fall into the trap and end up paying the ultimate price!

Marco,
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Macca,

When you get the chance, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the post below [#1927], which I directed at you earlier, particularly on the bit in bold, and why you used inverted commas:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Are you afraid of showing yours?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your statement, but why put the word "emotions" inside inverted commas, as if to indicate in some way that they're false, or a sign of weakness? After all, it's what defines us from robots...

Emotions/gut instincts are fundamental to human beings functioning in line with how they were created. Therefore, to shun or dismiss them, is to fail to be human. Of course, one shouldn't be 'ruled' by one's emotions, but then neither should one be 'ruled' by logic, as often our emotional/gut instinct reactions to something/certain situations are more accurate than those governed solely by logic.
    Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Main System

I'm Pete.

There is a lot more going on that will come out in time,if we are deemed worthy of knowing, which I doubt. Wouldn’t surprise me if trump sneaked it over so he could do his current finger pointing.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    A big problem is that getting good high quality information is very difficult. In the USA we hear that some doctors are being abused because they're involved with Covid-19, and some crazy people are denying that the disease exists at all, or in some areas disputing the evidence that it exists within their areas. As for the attacks on phone masts - obviously the little green men are coming ..... and should perhaps be followed by the men in white coats.

Even if we do get very good data and information, many people don't understand, or misinterpret what they hear or read.

People don't always understand obvious things, and Covid-19 presents many aspects which are not at all obvious. Only yesterday I heard someone on the radio saying that the incidence of CV-19 as very low (I think it was mentioned as 0.28%) so we could/should all go out and play and disregard it. The incidence of CV-19 in some areas is low, but let's not forget that initially it was presumably zero, so just one person (or possibly several coming in to the UK at the same time) would have initiated a big problem. The virus has not, as far as I know, changed much in its nature - it can still be deadly for some people.

We are always receiving "information" which has been heavily filtered, and in some cases massaged to present a particular point of view.
    Well, if the president of the US tells people to inject bleach into themselves and a only a handful of people do, then I'd say have more faith in the general public.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Indeed, John. I'm reminded of the lyrics from this punk song, by Crass: https://genius.com/Crass-general-bacardi-lyrics

"Alternative values were a fucking con
    They never really meant it when they said "Get it on"
    They really meant, "Mine, that's mine", can't you see?
    They stamped on our heads so that they could be free
    They formed little groups, like rich man's ghettoes
    Tending their goats and organic tomatoes
    While the world was being fucked by fascist regimes
    They talked of windmills and psychedelic dreams".

Rather poignant, is it not, considering the situation we are potentially facing, with many seemingly ignorant to a very real possibility of being controlled by the global elite? Also, remember Citizen Smith and 'Wolfie's Freedom Fighters':

"POWER to the PEOPLE", indeed!! But in the RIGHT way, which Marxism isn't.

I say: when the system is patently so corrupt, then fight the system!! And if necessary, I will be 'Wolfie'

Marco.
    You know all the members of Crass are now buy to let landlords? Apart from the one who died of a heroin overdose in the 90s.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Sure, is that so? Well, so am I [own a couple of small properties locally, which are rented out], but I'm sure that, like me, none of them will be millionaires and still have the same core humanitarian values at heart as they did back in the 70s!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Mike.

Sure, and so am I [own a couple of small properties locally, which are rented out], but I'm sure that, like me, none of them will be millionaires and still have the same core humanitarian values at heart as they did back in the 70s!

Marco.
    I made that up, but they could have been, ANARCHY!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread