+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 991 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    This post is rubbish without pics!
    The swimming pool and the swim-up bar only exist in my imagination - as I said earlier, EVERYBODY LIES! Sorry about that. 'Tis quite warm though, and the beer exists (San Miguel)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    :as I said earlier, EVERYBODY LIES!
    Yes, and as I said earlier, some rather MORE THAN OTHERS! And in that respect, IMO, Blundering Boris has higher stakes than most in the 'porky pie' industry!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Cheers Marco, but that link took me to "confirmed cases" worldwide - not death rate (number of people who die/total population x 100).
    Look at the "Global Deaths" section, on the right, and you'll see where the UK is in relation to elsewhere, not just in Europe, but the world:

As I said, never mind just Europe, outside of the US, the UK has the highest total deaths, as a result of this virus, IN THE WORLD!

And largely thanks to the glaring ineptitude and bumbling disorganisation of this Tory government. It's nothing short of deeply shocking and shameful. Yes, no-one is perfect and mistakes get made, but that doesn't excuse the massaging of figures, disinformation, hiding of facts that don't suit their agenda, etc, of our inept government, whose leader is a dim-witted, bumbling, floppy haired fool, and who's patently unfit to be PM.

And let's not also forget an anti-Scottish bigot! And yes, he's on record as proving such. That was my view of him before the last election, and his wishy-washy, indecisive, blundering antics during this pandemic have simply served to reinforce that view!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, and as I said earlier, some rather MORE than OTHERS! And in that respect, IMO, Blundering Boris has the highest stakes in the 'porky pie' industry!!

Marco.
    While I agree that Boris is a master of "terminological inexactitudes", I'm not sure how this will have affected infection rates or the appalling death toll.

On the subject of porky pies - I put on one of my work t-shirts this morning, for the first time in 2 months. I looked like I was wearing a sleeping bag underneath it. A combination of boredom-eating and playing records, instead of doing star jumps in the garden. Still, I did get a bit of exercise, getting up to change records. Must be a lot worse for music streamers

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Where do you get your figures?

I don't look on this pandemic as a league table opportunity, to each individual/family affected by a Covid death, that would be insensitive, but your assertive post caused me to look up the current figures:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...pe-by-country/

Far too dangerous to look at statistics as a simple tally - as I have posted previously there are far too many factors to consider to make assumptions on efficiency of any government or to make petty party political points (and no, I do not consider myself a "Tory" or for that matter a Scottish nationalist ).
    However the current figures do not show that we have the highest death rate in Europe.

On a different tack, the figures show that Slovakia has the lowest death rate, would I want to live there after all in some measures it is considered one of the poorer countries in Europe.
    If you actually read that link, it states the U.K. has the highest number of COVID confirmed deaths.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    While I agree that Boris is a master of "terminological inexactitudes", I'm not sure how this will have affected infection rates or the appalling death toll.
    I should've thought that was obvious, in terms of what's happened as a result of the ineptitude and poor decision-making, evidenced by the whole PPE debacle for the NHS, care-home shambles, etc, etc. He's the PM, so HE is responsible for the actions of all whom he leads in his party. The buck stops with HIM - simples!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

Hi Marco,

I did look at that section - it is total number of deaths not "death rate"

at present death rate in Europe, number of deaths per 100,000 of population:

Belgium 79.7
    Spain 59.5
    UK 53.2
    Italy 53.2

And as I have said earlier, there are too many other variables to make direct comparisons - as Macca has said UK has one of the highest population densities in Europe - beaten by Gibralta
    We have more than double the number of people per square mile than France for example.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    If you actually read that link, it states the U.K. has the highest number of COVID confirmed deaths.
    I did read that link - perhaps you should try looking at the data for "death rate" after all that is what you referred to in the post which I queried.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's not a cup competition to find out who's the best. There are various factors involved here, the idea that it can all be blamed on 'the government' is facile and simply represents a poorly-informed and somewhat distasteful attempt to make party political capital out of a tragedy that, if it was anyone's fault, it wasn't anyone in this country.

You could take into account that we have the highest population density in Europe, and that our lockdown was not as severe as some of the other countries, notably Italy. Added to which you have a different social culture that includes a different attitude to obeying the rules. If you look at world press you will also see people in other European countries blaming their governments and the EU, with similar, ideologically-inspired motivations. But some people just cannot help themselves I suppose.

I am not suggesting that the handling has been perfect and mistakes have been made. But then anyone with any real-world experience knows that mistakes get made all the time, in any field of operations. The fact is the primary objective was achieved, which was no mean feat. I cannot see any aspect of this crisis that would have been handled any differently had a different political party been in power. It's completely irrelevant to the situation.
    No we don’t, Monaco has the highest density, and less of the patronising please. I never claimed to be Einstein, but I’m neither stupid nor ignorant. Any idiot can see there are loads of factors at work, but to try and claim that the govt has done reasonably well in handling all this is frankly crazy imo.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Do we have reliable information about how other countries arrive at their figures? Could there possibly be liars in these countries? Could other factors play a part, like population size, age, and density? If someone wants to use these figures as a stick with which to batter our Westminster liars that's ok. But we at AoS are smarter than that, even me

It's a bit early days to be pointing fingers imo, we need to get well first.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread