+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 991 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Couldn't be arsed more like. And who can blame him? (Well, you for one obviously )
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    One thing I detest are 'labels' of any description, especially political ones: 'lefty', 'righty', 'left of centre', 'just the right side of stupid' - all that shite. Quite simply because they're too rigid and never tell the full story.

I'm not an 'anything' [don't have a label] when it comes to politics. I simply tell it as I see it, based on how I observe the world around me, but will always side with what I consider as being in the best interests of fairness and equality, for ALL.

I ABHOR any form of favouritism, and especially the richest and most powerful people in the world being 'protected' in any way by 'the system', and essentially allowed to do what they like. So in that respect I'll always be someone who believes in 'power to the people'!

So stick whatever 'label' you like on that

Marco.
    All encompassing labels (one size fits all) are rarely ideal but it is a good tool to help one understand the mindset of individuals involved, especially in a debate or conversation. Today when you are unable to question due to fear of being called racist, xenophobic, sexist or some other tasty label to make you feel terrible what else can you use?

I’m of the same opinion about politics but that makes us a dying breed. Unfortunately the politics game has changed, identity politics is being used more than ever by appealing to a supposed minority in a poor attempt to gather votes. The liberal/left mindset or what ever you wish to call it is throughout social media and universities. It is indoctrination in its purest form. One look at how Trump is portrayed in the media will tell you that.

The video I posted is just a small taster of what is going and was being used to try and explain to Joe why a leftie forum will ironically label Laura Kuenssberg right wing.

Of course the rich and powerful are protected, it’s the one of the things money can buy unless your name happens to be Jeffery Epstein! I am in full agreement that no matter what a persons political standing, race, colour, creed or financial situation is they should be held accountable for their actions and power to the people is great ideal but what happens when those people are taught to have a political bias?

I’m very much a live and let live person as long as you aren’t doing or causing any harm to anyone or anything then do what you like as long as it doesn’t affect my life.

As for labelling your post, why would I want to?
    Last edited by HD Goofnut; 07-06-2020 at 14:14. Reason: Spelling.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Couldn't be arsed more like. And who can blame him? (Well, you for one obviously )
    Didn't have the guts to face the grilling all the other opposition leaders got. Should have been an obvious pointer to the sort of incompetent and just plain dangerous to the UK population type of leader he has turned out to be. Never mind he'll be history in a years time
    Last edited by Pierre De Grenoble; 07-06-2020 at 14:03.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Didn't have the guts to face the grilling all the other opposition leaders got. Should have been an obvious pointer to the sort of incompetent and just plain dangerous to the UK population type of leader he has turned out to be. Never mind he'll be history in a years time
    You see I don't look on the Prime Minister as a 'leader'. Obviously he's leader of his political party but he's not the 'leader' of the country, he's the PM and that's not the same thing.

We're British, we don't have a 'leader'. Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Mao, Pol Pot, they were all 'leaders'. It's a rather Stalinist way of looking at things in my view. I certainly don't consider him my 'leader'. I don't have any need for a 'leader' and I have no desire to be a follower. Regrettably it seems to have become lingua franca in the media, all this talk of 'world leaders' and suchlike. They're nothing of the sort. They're just politicians and they're ten-a-penny.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

I'm current reading the Memoirs of Charles Greville, written from roughly 1830 to 1860. It's interesting to see how many things which are still complained about in politics were being complained about back then; for example MPs making too much noise and not allowing their opponents to be heard, and MPs no longer being capable of independent thought, because they were expected to pander to their constituents' every whim.

Back then, the PM was selected on the basis that he could 'control' the Houses of Parliament (many PMs sat in the Lords). Some were seen as leaders of the country as well, for example the Duke of Wellington, who was still able to bask in the glory of Waterloo well into the 1830s, but often they were relatively obscure.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You see I don't look on the Prime Minister as a 'leader'. Obviously he's leader of his political party but he's not the 'leader' of the country, he's the PM and that's not the same thing.

We're British, we don't have a 'leader'. Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Mao, Pol Pot, they were all 'leaders'. It's a rather Stalinist way of looking at things in my view. I certainly don't consider him my 'leader'. I don't have any need for a 'leader' and I have no desire to be a follower. Regrettably it seems to have become lingua franca in the media, all this talk of 'world leaders' and suchlike. They're nothing of the sort. They're just politicians and they're ten-a-penny.
    Total bollocks. He is the public leader of the conservative party ( Behind the scenes it's that twat Cummings. and those 1922 cunts) and he was elected by the UK electorate to be the "Leader". He / They have selected a cabinet of Yes men who say "jump Me? How high???
    They may be politicians and they may be 10 a penny but those pricks are responsible for the decisions that have caused 40,000+ deaths in this country.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

and it doesn't change the fact the guy is a proven evasive liar and the only guts he has are hanging over his trouser belt.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Total bollocks. He is the public leader of the conservative party ( Behind the scenes it's that twat Cummings. and those 1922 cunts) and he was elected by the UK electorate to be the "Leader". He / They have selected a cabinet of Yes men who say "jump Me? How high???
    They may be politicians and they may be 10 a penny but those pricks are responsible for the decisions that have caused 40,000+ deaths in this country.
    No, he was elected to be the representative for whatever his constituency is. The Conservative part elected him to be their leader, which means by default he is Prime Minister. The British are individuals, we don't need a 'leader'. We all do our own thing and somehow it all works out okay.

Sorry, but I can't get into all the emotional aspect of it. There was a disease, people die, we all die eventually. It's an Act Of God. With hindsight maybe a few less people would have died, or died at bit later of whatever underlying conditions they had. But I don't go in for hatred, not even for people who have different political views to me. Hate never makes anything better but it does make everything a lot worse.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

Don't be a fence-sitter. Tell us what you really think.

On a technical point; we don't 'elect' a Prime Minister. We elect our constituency MP, and he/she elects the leader of their party. If a leader is booted out by his/her party, we don't have any say in who replaces him/her.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Don't be a fence-sitter. Tell us what you really think.

On a technical point; we don't 'elect' a Prime Minister. We elect our constituency MP, and he/she elects the leader of their party. If a leader is booted out by his/her party, we don't have any say in who replaces him/her.
    We all know that is the technical facts but Joe public votes for who they want to be the leader at the time of the election. they vote for the MP who will give them that choice.

+ Reply to Thread