+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 991 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414814 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Never going to happen mate, as long as we're alive and fit! So even if for any reason your family couldn't look after you, we would. I'm totally serious, btw.

We have the right downstairs space to facilitate it, and the room even has a bed lift (hoist) fitted to the ceiling, left over from when we cared for Del's dad, plus the bathroom right next door doubles as 'wet room', with a huge shower area big enough to comfortably get a wheelchair in and out.

So worry not - homes will not be for you!

Marco.
    lol... cheers...

way im going it might not be long
    Last edited by struth; 07-07-2020 at 13:43.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Actually I was just reading yesterday that in fact there was no increase in the number of people going to care homes from hospital after the start of the pandemic. More fake news.

Added to which does anyone really think that when a patient is to be transferred from hospital to a care home that the PM makes that decision personally? For each one? Or is it in fact the case that the whole operation of transferring people from hospital to care has nothing to do with the PM, the government or the conservative party and is in fact managed and organised entirely by the NHS directors and managers, that being what they are specifically employed to do?
    It was the NHS sending people with Covid back to their care homes because they couldn't be successfully treated in Hospitals. The ICU beds were needed for those who had a chance of recovering. They should have been kept in Hospital or the appropriate precautions and treatment being done in the care homes. Not sure whether the care homes could cope with an influx of ill people, though ?

I'm Grant.

Actually I was just reading yesterday that in fact there was no increase in the number of people going to care homes from hospital after the start of the pandemic. More fake news.

Added to which does anyone really think that when a patient is to be transferred from hospital to a care home that the PM makes that decision personally? For each one? Or is it in fact the case that the whole operation of transferring people from hospital to care has nothing to do with the PM, the government or the conservative party and is in fact managed and organised entirely by the NHS directors and managers, that being what they are specifically employed to do?

Twenty-five thousand people were discharged from hospital into care homes before the Government started testing all patients entering care homes and not just those with symptoms.

A new report by the National Audit Office confirms that 25,000 people moved from hospitals into care homes between mid-March and mid-April.

Jeremy Hunt, the Conservative former health secretary who now chairs the Commons Health Committee, said the findings were “extraordinary” and came “despite widespread knowledge that the virus could be carried asymptomatically”.

The latest figures show that more than 13,000 people have died in care homes from causes involving Covid-19 since the start of the pandemic.

The NAO’s report, which looks at the wider response of the NHS and the care sector to the pandemic, says the health service moved to ensure there “were enough beds and respiratory support nationally at the peak of the outbreak in April”.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Care home providers have criticised Boris Johnson after he said "too many care homes didn't really follow the procedures in the way that they could have" during the coronavirus pandemic.

At least 20,000 care home residents in England and Wales have died from Covid-19 since the start of the outbreak.

Vic Rayner, executive director of the National Care Forum, described the prime minister's comments as "neither accurate nor welcome" and said government guidance to the sector had come "in stops and starts, with organisations grappling with over 100 pieces of additional guidance".

There are an estimated 14,000 care homes in England. Most are privately run, but are regulated by national bodies and would typically act on advice from central as well as local government.

We don't know how each of them responded but what was some of the key guidance from government during the pandemic and did it come early enough?
    Moving patients from hospitals to care homes

On 19 March, NHS guidance said that "unless required to be in hospital, patients must not remain in an NHS bed".

This policy was implemented to free up beds in advance of an expected surge in coronavirus patients.

On 2 April, the rules on discharging to care homes were clarified, saying "negative [coronavirus] tests are not required prior to transfers/admissions into the care home".

Even elderly patients who tested positive could be admitted to care homes, according to the document, if measures - such as wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and isolation - were used.

From 15 April, the government said that all patients discharged from hospitals would be tested for coronavirus.

quite frankly the govt hadnt a bloody clue what they were doing imo
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

It's always been the case that Hospitals shift people out of their beds to wherever because it frees them of the bed load and shifts the cost to councils / care providers and off the NHS budget. This has been an accelerating problem because of Tory austerity politics.

It should have been obvious to a moron that if you ship people from a Covid / Hospital environment to a care home / whatever that some of those people were going to infect others and their carers. It was obvious from the start that there simply wasn't enough PPE in the country for both care and NHS.

It was also obvious that there simply wasn't enough testing facility available, so it became murder in the care home system.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It doesn't matter if a labour or Lib dem / whoever could have done it better as they were never given the chance.

10 years of austerity have damaged this country to the core and beyond, add piss poor decisions based on scientific advice which "chose" to help gloss over the UK's shortcomings and the governments ineptitude and we have at least a 45,000 death toll, an absolute tragedy to the families of the dead, and the economy in a much worse state than it might have been.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lol... cheers...

way im going it might not be long
    Lol - just think of all that lovely grub - oh and the booze... My wine and your whisky collection - tons a fun!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

None of this explains why Boris is personally being blamed when it was in fact the responsibility of the senior healthcare professionals employed by the NHS to organise it, some of whom are paid a lot more than the PM.

Is that because no-one knows who they are? Or because you don't have an axe to grind against them? Or because you don't understand that it isn't the PMs job, and could never be, to micro manage every single minute facet of a country of 65 million people?

It's strange really. When Gordon Brown was PM I couldn't stand the man or his politics. But I never felt the need to come on here and post how he was personally responsible for everything bad that happened whilst he was the PM. Terrorist attacks, the worst flooding in 60 years, and the worst financial crash in history, to name just three.

Firstly, why would I bother doing that? What would be my motivation? Secondly I was well aware, having a reasonably good knowledge of how government, and indeed the wider world actually work, that they were not his personal fault.

I get the impression that there's far more concern with finding a stick, no matter how shitty, to beat Johnson with than there is for the people who died in the care homes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

None of this explains why Boris is personally being blamed when it was in fact the responsibility of the senior healthcare professionals employed by the NHS to organise it, some of whom are paid a lot more than the PM.

Is that because no-one knows who they are? Or because you don't have an axe to grind against them? Or because you don't understand that it isn't the PMs job, and could never be, to micro manage every single minute facet of a country of 65 million people?

It's strange really. When Gordon Brown was PM I couldn't stand the man or his politics. But I never felt the need to come on here and post how he was personally responsible for everything bad that happened whilst he was the PM. Terrorist attacks, the worst flooding in 60 years, and the worst financial crash in history, to name just three.

Firstly, why would I bother doing that? What would be my motivation? Secondly I was well aware, having a reasonably good knowledge of how government, and indeed the wider world actually work, that they were not his personal fault.

I get the impression that there's far more concern with finding a stick, no matter how shitty, to beat Johnson with than there is for the people who died in the care homes.
    If you should be replying to my post I was not even mentioning Billy Bluster, I was slagging the Tory administration in power since Brown was ejected. Having said that, the lying cnut has said "The buck stops here"... and he is responsible for everything that has happened with the reaction to the pandemic... Positive proof that he is not the great leader he thinks he is.
    I've said before he'll be history soon as the 1922 neo-fascists kick him out.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    If you should be replying to my post I was not even mentioning Billy Bluster, I was slagging the Tory administration in power since Brown was ejected. .
    No I was just responding generally, wasn't specifically a reply to you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

The NHS in the current Pandemic crisis relies on Government guidelines for what to do.
    Guidelines...followed.

Unlike the US where States are maybe now waking up to the fact there's no central Governmental thrust to work out "what to do" as a Country (Literally, its what a People pay Government to be responsible for come a "worst case scenario"...via taxes paid), we still follow Government guidance.

And Ours...unfortunately..is being made up on the Fly, and subject to Agenda.

Glib "Keyboard Warrior" swipes aside, this Folks, is serious.

But hey, it's a Hifi Forum.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread