+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 991 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Gary.

Kudos Man.
    Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - just think of all that lovely grub - oh and the booze... My wine and your whisky collection - tons a fun!

Marco.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 07-07-2020 at 21:27.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No I was just responding generally, wasn't specifically a reply to you.
    Sure.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Kudos Man.
    Respect.
    No worries, Gaz. Del and I have always been carers/the caring type, so we always look after people we care about. Grant knows the score, and should he ever need to give up his home, and is out of other options, bar being put in an old folks home, he'd be very well looked after here

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Good People...

Lang may yer Lum reek.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Dave.

I'm not sure it was only discharge to care homes which have been a problem. Now we know that men over 70 are perhaps the most vulnerable. I think there have been cases where an elderly couple had problems - let's say the woman had surgery at the beginning of the year - before the corona thing really became apparent. Then had some form of rehabilitation after that, but picked up the virus. Then, either by being sent home for a while, or by a visit from relatives, passed it on to her husband who was living at home, and still fairly capable. The final outcome is that the husband then dies - not expectedly a few weeks later, and then the wonderful care services which we have in this country then want to put the woman in a home, as it's now not obvious that she can live by herself in her own home. The man's death is just "written" off as collateral damage, as he was obviously too old anyway, and had non life threatening mobility problems.

I think there may be quite a number of cases like this, and they do cause problems for families, and obviously considerable distress.

There hasn't been enough attention or thought to many of the problems which have arisen due to this virus, though in fairness it has been rather a tough one to handle. Perhaps if we collectively had the knowledge we have now, things would have been done differently - though perhaps not by the people currently in government, some of whom could probably not run a booze up in a brewery.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Wow! A masterly bit of deduction from the W.H.O. Apparently Covid-19 may be transmitted by airborne particles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53329946

And, they've only had to spend countless millions and drag it out for seven months to draw this conclusion of the bleedin' obvious (It's only a 'maybe' though) .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Wow! A masterly bit of deduction from the W.H.O. Apparently Covid-19 may be transmitted by airborne particles.

And, they've only had to spend countless millions and drag it out for seven months to draw this conclusion of the bleedin' obvious (It's only a 'maybe' though) .
    It's utterly moronic isn't it?!
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Beggars belief. Obvious to anyone with some brain cells. When this first started and the advice was to "wash your Hands", I was screaming "no". You don't just pick it up from surfaces but it is in the air, so why were we told not to wear masks ?

Where does this leave plane travel now ? How can you sit on a plane, breathing in the recycled air which has passed through 400 other passengers lungs for hours and not catch anything ?

I'm guy.

With you on the air travel concerns - just about every time that I have flown I seem to spend the first few days of the holiday feeling shit/having a cold.

My wife and I may consider an autumn holiday, depending on the virus situation, but this summer is definitely out of the running.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

If we're going to see a Coronavirus infection surge following the 'Super Saturday' pub free-for-all the weekend before last, it will be making itself known about now. Hopefully we won't see one, but it's a distinct possibility.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread