+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 991 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Just took me about half hour to catch up on all the banter!
    Anyway, a few things, firstly; as Marco has already said, I too am not an anti-vaxer, and i also respect and understand the reasoning behind those who will accept the coming role out of a Vaccine, and i wish you well with what ever decision you make when that time comes

2nd, for my part in only putting up parts of full articles; that's mainly done for those not wanting to read through the whole thing here, and for those who are interested, just ask, and i will point you to the whole article, as i have done already when asked.

And finaly, the info on vitamins given here is very helpful for those who spend a lot of time indoors, no matter what the season, i take high doses of vitamin D, also Mgnesium, and Zinc, vitamin C too, i also have my cornflakes in the morning, and sometimes at night too.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Was Mario an only child, daftee? I did ask!

Marco.
    Sorry, didn't notice:

Far from it! (that may have been why they were not quite so protective about the boys - they did have a daughter "Pina" (Giusepinna?) who may have been more protected)
    From memory - Tony, Mario, Roberto, Pietro and a much younger son,(possibly Marco) but can't remember his name.

The father was what I thought of as "typical" Italian (if such a thing exists) - worked bloody hard in local factory where he got hold of used glass carboys (had been used for sulphuric acid I think). After rinsing he would use then to make wine - he used to go to London to get a load of grapes when in season.
    Grew loads of vegetables in his garden (strange to me as my mum grew flowers, so that was what I expected in a garden). He also had a lean to (would be called a conservatory nowadays ) Where he grew tomatoes and hung strings of onions to dry - the smell in summer was beautiful, I still get taken back to those times when I go in my greenhouse in Summer.
    I also remember the father being very disparaging about English "salads" - "rabbit food" in his view, he wouldn't consider a salad without a dressing of some sort, olive oil was very new to me in the '60's.
    Sorry to ramble/thread crap, but lots of memories (Mario and I did get up to a few dodgy things )
    Last edited by guy; 30-11-2020 at 12:56. Reason: forgot a couple of brothers!
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Far from it! (that may have been why they were not quite so protective about the boys - they did have a daughter "Pina" (Giusepinna?) who may have been more protected)
    From memory - Tony, Mario, Roberto, Pietro and a much younger son,(possibly Marco) but can't remember his name.
    Ah that makes sense... It was quite different for me, being an only child (and son). I was very much fussed over and protected, as you can imagine, especially as my mum had me quite late (and had already experienced a miscarriage) and was unlikely to have any more kids, so I was the 'golden boy', as it were, and that included in the eyes of my grandparents.

The father was what I thought of as "typical" Italian (if such a thing exists) - worked bloody hard in local factory where he got hold of used glass carboys (had been used for sulphuric acid I think). After rinsing he would use then to make wine - he used to go to London to get a load of grapes when in season.
    Grew loads of vegetables in his garden (strange to me as my mum grew flowers, so that was what I expected in a garden). He also had a lean to (would be called a conservatory nowadays ) Where he grew tomatoes and hung strings of onions to dry - the smell in summer was beautiful, I still get taken back to those times when I go in my greenhouse in Summer.
    Yeah that is pretty typical, and my dad did similar, although he never bothered with trying to make wine, which would've been near-impossible with the climate in Scotland!

But gardens and growing your own produce *is* definitely a BIG part of Italian life, not only Italian, but European life, especially those coming from warm climates. In that respect. it's pretty much unheard of not to have a garden and/or the ability in some way to grow your own produce, which is why I was brought up on food made with fresh herbs and fresh vegetables - in my culture such things are very much the norm.

Tins, packets and/or frozen foods/ready meals would only ever be a LAST (and largely undesired) resort! And other sacrifices if necessary, financially or otherwise, would always be made WAY before anything relating to food, as eating well (and healthily) was always *the* most important thing.

I also remember the father being very disparaging about English "salads" - "rabbit food" in his view, he wouldn't consider a salad without a dressing of some sort, olive oil was very new to me in the '60's.
    Lol - I know *exactly* what he means and agree; indeed it's a long-standing and well-established 'moan' Italians have about British food: the 'dry' and bland, totally unadventurous salads, and the crap quality of the bread!! The latter, however, has improved massively in recent years as folks have (thankfully) become more discerning.

The olive oil thing is funny, as certainly up in Scotland in those days, olive oil was only available in chemists, to treat earache! Whereas, we'd either be bringing shedloads of it back from Italy by car or using our local Italian delis, some of which were owned by our cousins. Therefore, back then, olive oil, salami, Parma ham, Parmesan cheese, fresh coffee beans, etc, etc, were all very much used and enjoyed everyday!

Sorry to ramble/thread crap, but lots of memories (Mario and I did get up to a few dodgy things )
    Lol - as did i! Regardless of the 'curfews' imposed on me, which I didn't always stick to either, and got a slap for off of my dad!

I certainly was no 'goody two-shoes', I can assure you, and got up to all sorts, especially when I reached 17. I did live with my parents though until I was 27, so was always used to having that level of parental care, all my meals cooked for me and clothes washed and ironed, etc, although I did contribute to the household bills.

As you can imagine though, when I met Del and announced that I was leaving home, and then to go and live in Wales, it didn't, erm, go down too well!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Ah that makes sense... It was quite different for me, being an only child (and son). I was very much fussed over and protected, as you can imagine, especially as my mum had me quite late (and had already experienced a miscarriage) and so was unlikely to have any more kids, so I was the 'golden boy', as it were, and that included in the eyes of my grandparents.

Yeah that is pretty typical, and my dad did similar, although he never bothered with trying to make wine, which would've been near-impossible with the climate in Scotland!

But gardens and growing your own produce *is* definitely a BIG part of Italian life, not only Italian, but European life, especially those coming from warm climates. In that respect. it's pretty much unheard of not to have a garden and/or the ability in some way to grow your own produce, which is why I was brought up on food made with fresh herbs and fresh vegetables - in my culture such things are very much the norm.

Tins, packets and/or frozen foods/ready meals would only ever be a LAST (and largely undesired) resort! And other sacrifices if necessary, financially or otherwise, would always be made WAY before anything relating to food, as eating well (and healthily) was always *the* most important thing.

Lol - I know *exactly* what he means and agree; indeed it's a long-standing and well-established 'moan' Italians have about British food: the 'dry' and bland, totally unadventurous salads, and the crap quality of the bread!! The latter, however, has improved massively in recent years as folks have (thankfully) become more discerning.

The olive oil thing is funny, as certainly up in Scotland in those days, olive oil was only available in chemists, to treat earache! Whereas, we'd either be bringing shedloads of it back from Italy by car or using our local Italian delis, some of which were owned by our cousins. Therefore, back then, olive oil, salami, Parma ham, Parmesan cheese, etc, etc, were all very much used and enjoyed everyday!

Lol - as did i! Regardless of the 'curfews' imposed on me, which I didn't always stick to either, and got a slap for off of my dad!

I certainly was no 'goody two-shoes', I can assure you, and got up to all sorts, especially when I reached 17. I did live with my parents though until I was 27, so was always used to having that level of parental care, all my meals cooked for me and clothes washed and ironed, etc, although I did contribute to the household bills.

As you can imagine though, when I met Del and announced that I was leaving home, and then to go and live in Wales, it didn't, erm, go down too well!

Marco.
    mum had me fairly late too... I wasnt apparently planned in any way, shape or form
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Are we all late arrivals at this forum? My mum was advised to stop. But had me.

Looks like Marco or his wife has to drive down the Wrexham road into England after 6 to get a drink.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/55128511

It's just like old times.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    mum had me fairly late too... I wasnt apparently planned in any way, shape or form
    Lol... So THAT explains it!

No, I was very much planned, especially when my mum had lost the first one, and what would've been my brother, but of course had little notion later of the monster she'd created!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Are we all late arrivals at this forum? My mum was advised to stop. But had me.

Looks like Marco or his wife has to drive down the Wrexham road into England after 6 to get a drink.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/55128511

It's just like old times.
    I know, lol. It's not something that will affect us much though, as we're not big drinkers or pub goers, and when so it's mostly for food. However, if necessary (and we're allowed) England is only 20 mins away!

TBH, what's pissed me off is the behaviour of all the piss heads who brought this about!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Lol... So THAT explains it!

No, I was very much planned, especially when my mum had lost the first one, and what would've been my brother, but of course had little notion later of the monster she'd created!

Marco.
    i remember her keeping a semi straight face when she added, i was a lovely surprise
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Anyway, back on track, if you watch just one link here, then i would recomend this one.
    Its from Mike Yeadon, and it discusses why Experts on Viruses disagree with politicians, its a very calm, and easy listen, but i feel it has a lot of good, and well informed information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bX-wFVBP94
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Steve.

I was watching Mike Yeadon tonight, and thankyou, Tony. Evidently a brainy bloke. You don't get First Class Honours without being big on smarts.

Just my mind, but I fancied his motorbike too, A Suzuki triple 2 stroke if I have not lost my skill. But minus a back wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bX-wFVBP94

But really he is telling us not to lose too much sleep over Covid-19. Just another Winter germ. I am less on panic than a few months back.
    Last edited by system7; 30-11-2020 at 17:27.

+ Reply to Thread