+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 991 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512912 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

There is data for hospitalizations, here it is for England:

I suspect that recent upward trend is what is concerning them. As i said it isn't a case of overall capacity, but local capacity. If you have a local outbreak and hundreds need to go to hospital then local service would be overwhelmed, even if there was plenty of capacity in the system as a whole. Hence the policy of local lockdowns.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sure I get that, but is said upward trend *solely* to do with Covid, or does it also reflect increased cases of flu (as we're now in the flu season), which have resulted in hospitalisations of the most vulnerable, and therefore is reflected in the stats?

I'm simply not convinced that the current measures being taken are justified, based on the overall impact that the actual virus is having on the population, either in terms of hosoitalisations, and certainly deaths.

So at what point, I wonder, if it becomes clear, despite the current level of cases, and small upward trend in hospitalisations, that hospitals are NOT being overwhelmed (and I predict that they'll cope just fine), will the government reduce the current restrictions?

I'd love to hear from folks who have friends or family working in hospitals, in terms of *exactly* what's happening now on the 'shop floor', as it were, in the REAL WORLD, not what seems like bullshit government over-reaction, based on woolly predictions and fear-mongering.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure I get that, but is said upward trend *solely* to do with Covid, or does it also reflect increased cases of flu (as we're now in the flu season), which have resulted in hospitalisations of the most vulnerable, and therefore is reflected in the stats?
    It's just showing hospitalizations for Covid.

I'd imagine that the government would like nothing better than to announce the end of all restrictions. The sooner they do that the sooner the economy recovers. Only 4 more years to the next election and you don't win elections in a poor economy.

You have to presume that the expert advice they are getting is to not do that yet.

Whilst I agree that prima face current policy does look to be erring a little too far on the safe side, we don't have all the data and we're not experts in the field.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's just Whilst I agree that prima face current policy does look to be erring a little too far on the safe side, we don't have all the data and we're not experts in the field.
    Yes I agree. It would be good though to hear from anyone who knows *exactly what is happening* now in hospitals [how many new Covid-related admissions they're seeing daily], either through working there themselves or knowing someone who does.

Personally, I'd pay far more attention to that than I would the, IMO, exaggerated situation currently being painted by the government and media.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

It's in that graph I posted. Roughly 250 a day in England at the moment.

What we don't know is how many they can comfortably cope with but there will be a limit. Breach that and you start to get serious problems including increased death rate because triage kicks in at that point.

If the government were to abolish all restrictions and that happened it would be a field day for their opponents and the experts would all say 'Well we told them not to.' That would be the PM resigns time.

That's why they are walking this tightrope with it.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's in that graph I posted. Roughly 250 a day in England at the moment.
    As I said, I'd trust real-world reports from folks 'on the coal face', as it were, more than any graphs, the data responsible for collating which could be as 'accurate' or reliable as some of the current testing for cases!

That said, I essentially agree with what you're saying.

Mar
    Main System

I'm Martin.

It's all a lot worse for you than it is for me because you like to go out and do stuff whereas I'm not bothered. Plus I have work all day anyway and after that I'm not in the mood for doing much except zoning out with some music or the telly.

Different story when I was young though, and the youngsters I know are used to being out the house 'doing stuff' 6 nights out of 7. You're only young once and I so can see - and understand why they are the demographic paying the least attention to the rules.
    Current Lash Up:

Indeed, on both counts. There's got to be more to life than just working and monging out on the sofa though mate, and I certainly intend on living it.

You should watch with all this '50 going on 70' outlook of yours, as it could end up biting you on the arse... Nothing worse than being old before your time - my dad's more active than you!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Maybe it's genetic then? My old man never did anything except work and watch the telly after he turned 40. He didn't do that much more before 40, thinking about it.

He hated going anywhere and doing anything. Occasionally he'd go down the club for a few pints. And the football every other Saturday during the season. But that was it.

He did take up golf but that was after he retired and had a lot more time to fill.
    Current Lash Up:

Lol - no worries... We're all different. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. I do know, however, that if you start telling your body (and mind) that you're old, even when you're not, then by default, they (and therefore you) will become old.

It's a proven fact.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread