+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 604 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6033

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

  1. #5011
    Join Date: Jun 2012

    Location: Portsmouth, UK

    Posts: 375
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    I think you folks really ought to lighten up on Covid. Horrible problem. But I love my older rellies and they are running scared. Even some of the young ones with bad lungs.

    Never ascribe to malice that which is more reasonably explained by incompetence.

    Personally at 66 and reasonably fit and slim and eating me Nuts, I fancy my chances. What we are doing in the UK is just hanging on for the Vaccine. 6 months of boredom and it'll all be Happy Days again.

    I've been thrown onto the dispiriting Dole often enough. I just asked myself what I could do with no money. And lots of time. Tidied up the Flat. Got Peggy Lee Jazz records from the Library. Read the Russians. Cleaned the windows. Made lots of friends who were similarly struggling.

    Adapt. This is nothing.

  2. #5012
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 8,619
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Personally at 66 and reasonably fit and slim and eating me Nuts, I fancy my chances. What we are doing in the UK is just hanging on for the Vaccine. 6 months of boredom and it'll all be Happy Days again.

    I've been thrown onto the dispiriting Dole often enough. I just asked myself what I could do with no money. And lots of time. Tidied up the Flat. Got Peggy Lee Jazz records from the Library. Read the Russians. Cleaned the windows. Made lots of friends who were similarly struggling.

    Adapt. This is nothing.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla



    www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

  3. #5013
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 8,619
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    I think its time for a reality check at this point, i don't think anyone who is currently contributing to this thread including myself is saying that people aren't getting ill, [i have already experienced the affects of this illness, and its taken me month's to recover] what some of us are disputing is the reason given behind the illness, and thus the drastic measures taken in response to it.
    From my point of view, if something doesent fit right with your current understanding, go do your own research, you may find yourself reading stuff that makes you uncomfortable at times, but it can also lead you to places that open your mind to new realities.
    All knowledge is good!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla



    www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

  4. #5014
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 30,117
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    If you find the proof of what you allude to here, i will accept your point!
    Article from Die Spiegal here which actually quotes the judge making it clear https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/just...a-1077601.html


    Lanka, however, did not want to pay, the case went to court. At first instance, the District Court ordered Ravensburg Lanka to transfer the sum. It was a "seriously meant binding reward promise," according to section 657 of the Civil Code. The anti-vaccination campaigner then called the next instance - the Higher Regional Court of Stuttgart.

    She agreed with the anti-vaccination campaigner, for formal reasons. The promoter had wished for a single piece of evidence, but the applicant had provided several publications which provided evidence only in sum. Therefore, "the vocation is essentially granted."



    However, this is by no means to be understood as confirmation of Lanka's theories, the court said: it is by no means "believed that a measles virus does not exist." And addressed to the members of the press present, the presiding judge said: "Watch out with your headlines."
    Current Lash Up:

    *Audiolab 6000CDT* SoncozSGD1 * Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *


    'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

  5. #5015
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 8,619
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    Point accepted, however the Regional Court desision, and the reasoning behind it is still worth noting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Article from Die Spiegal here which actually quotes the judge making it clear https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/just...a-1077601.html


    Lanka, however, did not want to pay, the case went to court. At first instance, the District Court ordered Ravensburg Lanka to transfer the sum. It was a "seriously meant binding reward promise," according to section 657 of the Civil Code. The anti-vaccination campaigner then called the next instance - the Higher Regional Court of Stuttgart.

    She agreed with the anti-vaccination campaigner, for formal reasons. The promoter had wished for a single piece of evidence, but the applicant had provided several publications which provided evidence only in sum. Therefore, "the vocation is essentially granted."



    However, this is by no means to be understood as confirmation of Lanka's theories, the court said: it is by no means "believed that a measles virus does not exist." And addressed to the members of the press present, the presiding judge said: "Watch out with your headlines."
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla



    www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

  6. #5016
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: Suffolk

    Posts: 923
    I'm guy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    .........

    Personally at 66 and reasonably fit and slim and eating me Nuts, I fancy my chances. .........
    I'm 62 and nowhere near flexible enough to manage that - I take my hat off to you old chap
    LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50/A4O'S, LS5, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

  7. #5017
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 7,814
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post


    Well my first thought would be that if 30,000 people are still dying every year from flu, then the vaccine is piss-poor effective! Seems that way, no? So what chance have completely new and untried ones got of being any more effective against Covid?


    Marco.
    What does your dark web tell you regarding the mortality rate of people who have had their flu vaccinations? If that was happening in significant numbers surely someone would be saying "Hang on, these people had their jab, so this vaccine is shit".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, BOW Wazoo XL, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

    A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

  8. #5018
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 103,633
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    I'm not sure that matters, as the fact is a very high and significant number of people (as quoted) die every year from flu, many of whom one would presume had the flu jab, as if you're vulnerable to having a bad reaction to flu, you're going to want to be inoculated against it.

    Yet despite that, they still die... Therefore, as I've said, that suggests that the flu vaccine isn't anywhere near 100% effective (I believe instead around 60/70%), and that's been around and 'refined' for many years, so why would vaccines for Covid, only just released, be likely any more effective?

    Also, indeed as I've already asked you, why considering how many people die from flu every year (and have done for many DECADES before Covid arrived), has there never been as much 'hoo-hah'/mass widespread disruption on all levels, created around tackling that, as there has been with Covid, especially when vaccines clearly aren't a 'magic bullet'?

    I would appreciate you giving an answer to that

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from a TCD-420.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.


    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

  9. #5019
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 7,814
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post


    I didn't say 'mere', and nor was I demeaning the number of deaths as insignificant (one death is one too many). My point was that why are 50,000 Covid deaths seemingly of 'greater importance' or significance than 30,000 flu deaths? Is the 30,000 deaths from flu not just as important a statistic to warrant similar action, in terms of prevention of its spread, as we're seeing now with Covid?

    And your point about the potentially greater number of deaths there could've been from Covid, without lockdowns, is only valid if you believe that the current death figures are accurate, and not being deliberately inflated for effect - and there is credible evidence of that around if you care to look.

    Plus, like I said, where are the death stats for all the people who've committed suicide from the effect of lockdowns and loss of jobs/income, plus those from folks who couldn't get cancer or other vital treatments? Don't they count either - or is that just seen as 'collateral damage'??

    Marco.
    You don't seem to be getting the importance of vaccination - Lockdown measures for flu are probably deemed unnecessary as the vaccine is keeping mortalities to manageable levels. We don't have that yet for Covid, don't have anything really.

    As I've said before, the lockdown is doing my head in, and is bad for so many people in so many ways, so roll on vaccine. But don't fret too much about it, me and many others will 'take one for the team' and put our faith in the efficacy and safety of whatever vaccine makes it past the post. Then we can all go back to our lives bickering about Brexit including those who would prefer to leave the 'risk taking' to others

    One more thing: If the death figures are being inflated 'for effect', what is the effect 'they' are striving for? Fear of going out to work? Compliance with the 'don't go to work' directives? Economic collapse can't be good for anyone, unless there's a theory covering that...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, BOW Wazoo XL, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

    A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

  10. #5020
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 103,633
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You don't seem to be getting the importance of vaccination - Lockdown measures for flu are probably deemed unnecessary as the vaccine is keeping mortalities to manageable levels.
    How so?? With up to around 30,000 people a year still dying! How do you know how many of them had the flu jab or not?

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from a TCD-420.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.


    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •