+ Reply to Thread
Page 431 of 991 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531931 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Can we stop using the word 'leader' in reference to politicians? It isn't their job to be 'leaders' any more than it is our purpose to be their 'followers.'

The concept of political 'leaders' is very left wing/Orwellian and certainly not something we want or need in this country. I know that you see the term used often in the media but it is fundamentally incorrect. A Prime Minister or First Minister is the leader of their political party, not of their country. If you are not a party member then they are not your leader.
    Well, they (a prime minister) will 'lead', in terms of being the figurehead [ultimately the one who carries the can for the result of government decisions] and who outlines those decisions to the nation, and which they will certainly have had some input in.

He (BJ) is also leader of the Tory party, and IMO a very poor one, in comparison with the leader of the SNP or Labour party. And Mark Drakeford is the leader of the Welsh government, and in that respect, IMO, doing a far better job of it than BJ is in his role!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

The other point of course with the 2-week lockdown in Wales, is that it was probably decided to make it national, not regional, in order to send a simple message to the Welsh people about what they can do and where they can go, within a set timescale, unlike the regional 'tiered system' shambles, full of confusing mixed messages, that's taken place in England, where many folks haven't got a scooby-doo what they're doing or when the restrictions are ending!

In that respect, Boris should take a leaf out of Drakeford's book, and look up the meaning of CLARITY.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

No I disagree that they are 'figureheads' as much as I disagree that they are 'leaders' (except of their parties). In the UK the monarch is the 'figurehead', in the USA and France it is the President.

I don't think any of the politicians are doing an especially good job but then this is one of those situations where it isn't really possible to do a good job which is why defining it along some sort of party-political or personality line is absurd. There are some problems that cannot be solved easily, and some that cannot be solved at all. Covid is in the latter category. No amount of 'great leadership' will make any difference whatsoever to the outcome.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Disagree away, and I'll disagree back - the fact is, nothing either of us will say, will change our respective opinions on that particular matter!

Regardless, as you say, they're still leaders of their respective parties, and IMO, Sturgeon is doing a far better job in her role [as a leader] than BJ is in his.

In that respect, I stand firm on everything I've said. Yes, some things aren't easily solved or can't be solved, but that doesn't mean decisions taken to try and solve them can't be clear and concise, instead of as clear as mud!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

What is unclear?

I've seen a lot of talk about the regulations being confusing - I've not found them confusing. I see a lot of complaints about the regulations changing - well yes, they have to change to adapt to a changing situation.
    Current Lash Up:

If you don't know what's unclear, then you clearly haven't been following what's been happening very closely, or the public outrage over all the confusing mixed messages being sent out by balloon-boy and his equally inept and incompetent counterparts!

Anyway, I'll leave it there. as I haven't had yet had my morning cappuccino, and it's nearly afternoon... Laters

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

'The public outrage' lol.
    Current Lash Up:

What's funny? It certainly exists! Just because some of the English government's ridiculous, poorly advised, subsequently ill-conceived and poorly executed decisions aren't *currently* affecting you, doesn't mean that they're irrelevant.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What's funny? .
    The idea that there is 'public outrage.'

There's people who will complain about anything and there's people with a political ideology to propagate. And the media will make a mountain out of any molehill. Everyone else is just getting on with it.
    Current Lash Up:

In your humble opinion. I beg to differ, and there's plenty of evidence to support my view, if you care to look - for VERY legitimate reasons - which your flippancy is an insult to. Anyway, best just leave it there, as we'll never agree on this matter.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread