+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 329 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3288

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You have one of those Grant? I was thinking about getting one. They look good in the ads but I don't trust that. Do you recommend it?
    yes its a very versitile tool. good pressure cooker and can do chips, fish etc. can slow cook, saute too.. needs a bit of shelf space as it has 2 lids and one is attached all time and swings up.. the pressure lid is used with the grill lid in up position.
    i
    a bit of experimentation and use of the book, or plenty recipes on line for pretty much anything.

quite a few folk here have one now including Roy, Gary and Alex.

does a chicken perfect in about 40 mins
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

You have one of those Grant? I was thinking about getting one. They look good in the ads but I don't trust that. Do you recommend it?
    I'd recommend it, never mind Grant, as I've seen the results it produces, and think it'd suit your lifestyle perfectly

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Martin.

Okay thanks, I'll move from 'interested' to 'seriously considering' then
    Current Lash Up:

*Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes its a very versitile tool. good pressure cooker and can do chips, fish etc. can slow cook, saute too.. needs a bit of shelf space as it has 2 lids and one is attached all time and swings up.. the pressure lid is used with the grill lid in up position.
    i
    a bit of experimentation and use of the book, or plenty recipes on line for pretty much anything.

quite a few folk here have one now including Roy, Gary and Alex.

does a chicken perfect in about 40 mins
    So how does the 'BBQ/charcoal grill' side of it work?

The fact that you say it needs a lot of shelf space is only one of the reasons it'd be out for us, are our worktops are already full of other stuff, and will just be able to squeeze in the new coffee machine when it arrives!

The other slightly important reason, of course, is that we have about £15k worth of induction hobs, grills, warming-drawers and ovens sitting in our kitchen to be used!

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not me, Del. I just eat the stuff cooked on it!

Marco.
    Exactly: you're married to the cooker; ie the person who does the cooking!

Okay thanks, I'll move from 'interested' to 'seriously considering' then
    The chips it makes mate, are *just awesome*, and as far as I can see (Grant or Gaz would be able to comment better), there's no reason whatsoever why it couldn't replace a conventional cooker for someone who's living on their own and wants the minimum of faff.

Marco.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, but you can't replicate the flavour of grilled meat, via any other process. You can ensure it's cooked, yes, but that's not the same. And for me with food, it's either right or not. And I don't 'do' not

It's one of the reasons why I love having BBQs, as the flavour of charcoal grilling meat, in particular, especially things like homemade burgers, or anything with fat on it, is quite unique.

Marco.
    We eat very little meat these days (both daughters are veggie/vegan). I actually prefer sausages fried to grilled, with pork chops the reverse is true.

I'm Grant.

didnt say it had a bbq charcoal grill, but it can air fry or tbh if using the added rack can grill... also cooks bread etc if you want it to.. the american ones also do a drying function(like dried fruits etc), but we dont get that here; maybe its less common to do here
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Exactly: you're married to the cooker; ie the person who does the cooking!
    Indeed. Sorry for the confusion. We do work as a team with most things, though. I can assure you, when we have friends or family over for dinner, I'm nearly as busy as she is preparing the drinks and cocktails. setting the table [in the proper way I like it done], etc, as Del is cooking!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    didnt say it had a bbq charcoal grill...
    Ah, that's what I thought you were on about when I was talking about barbecuing meat, and you said:

Quote Originally Posted by struth
    can do it in the foodi
    A misunderstanding then. So the point I was making still stands: no way could we do without a proper grill, or a charcoal BBQ. You only have to look at the food thread to see how often they're used

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread