+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 991 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Gary.

Where’d you learn to Trade...?
    Lemme buy you a pack of gum...

Seen it done on the stage Martin, and in my top 5 films of all time.
    Baldwin dominates, best role after Jack Ryan in “October”, possibly better.

Kudos for the Mamet mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He's doing a soft sell to a bloke he's met in a bar and it's part of his build up to the pitch. You really have to watch the film. Must be available on line.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

More seriously now, I note that things are 'progressing nicely', in terms of funding being raised for a 'Gates approved' vaccine: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...s-china-battle

And so who's the founder of 'GAVI, The Vaccine Alliance', I wonder, where this £6bn will be going? Hmm.. Our friend, self-confessed 'philanthropist', and all-round good guy, BILL GATES, of course!

More here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-summit.html

Key quote from the above Mail article...

Boris Johnson: "To defeat the coronavirus we must focus our collective ingenuity on the search for a vaccine and ensure that countries, pharmaceutical companies and international partners - like the World Health Organisation - co-operate on a scale beyond anything we have seen before. We must use the collective purchasing power of Gavi, the vaccine alliance, to make that future vaccine affordable and available to all who need it."

The clash between Johnson and Trump, over the WHO, is interesting, given the point I made earlier about Trump's fallout with the same organisation, as a result of seeing how corrupt (China-centric) they were, while seeking to fulfil his quest to usurp the global elite. Well, Boris Johnson clearly has different ideas!

Yet more 'dots' now joined...... As predicted, watch out for the introduction of a 'vaccine' for COVID-19, coming your way soon. Don't worry, folks, it'll be totally safe and not contain any 'questionable ingredients', Billy-boy and the WHO say so, so get ready to open your veins and LET THE GOODNESS DRIP IN....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Question Are you ready to become 'Comfortably Numb'??

I'm reminded of these lyrics by Pink Floyd:

"Okay Just a little pinprick
    There'll be no more, ah
    But you may feel a little sick
    Can you stand up?
    I do believe it's working, good
    That'll keep you going through the show
    Come on it's time to go..."

Then take the 'vaccine', baby....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

God, how I hate that song.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Where’d you learn to Trade...?
    Lemme buy you a pack of gum...

Seen it done on the stage Martin, and in my top 5 films of all time.
    Baldwin dominates, best role after Jack Ryan in “October”, possibly better.

Kudos for the Mamet mention.
    Did you know that Baldwin's scene was written for the film, it wasn't in the original stage play? But they added it to the stage play afterwards because, as you say, it's the best bit.

Kevin Spacey on 'Inside The Actors Studio' does the 'go to lunch' scene (start at 3.55) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    God, how I hate that song.
    Surely not? It's a jolly decent little ditty!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Did you know that Baldwin's scene was written for the film
    Not seen the film in question, but Alec Baldwin was bloody brilliant as the psychopathic thief in 'Miami Blues', which is a favourite of mine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Surely not? It's a jolly decent little ditty!
    It's Roger 'laughing boy' Waters at his worst.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

The clash between Johnson and Trump, over the WHO, is interesting, given the point I made earlier about Trump's fallout with the same organisation, as a result of seeing how corrupt (China-centric) they were, while seeking to fulfil his quest to usurp the global elite.
    And yet, Trump spoke at Gavi:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52930319

'US President Donald Trump made a surprise appearance at the virtual global vaccine summit.

Last week, Mr Trump severed ties with the UN's health agency, the World Health Organization, stopping around $400m (£317m) in support, after accusing it and China of mishandling the outbreak.

There was international criticism of the decision, particularly because it was made in the middle of a global pandemic.

But at the summit, Mr Trump struck a different tone in what was a very brief and seemingly very off-the-cuff, pre-recorded message.

"As the coronavirus has shown, there are no borders, it doesn't discriminate," he said.
    "It's mean, it's nasty but we're going to take care of it together.... We will work hard, we will work strong... good luck, let's get the answer."'

So maybe he's all part of this dastardly plot.

But Gavi isn't just about COVID:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...s-china-battle

'So far, Gavi has helped to immunize over 760 million children and has prevented more than 13 million deaths, helping to halve child mortality in 73 developing countries. It also plays a key role in improving global health security by supporting health systems as well as funding global stockpiles of vaccines to fight Ebola, cholera, meningitis, and yellow fever.

Research published last week by the Gavi showed that coronavirus had diverted health workers so that the routine vaccine programme was being blown off course. The disruptive effect of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the normal vaccine programme led to twice as many dying from measles as Ebola.'

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sweeties and/or crisps? Bad boy, that shit's not good for you!

Aside from that, I think the role of the cooker (and its importance), is rather different in our respective kitchens!

Marco.
    Yebbut you're married to your cooker!

+ Reply to Thread