+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 991 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Expertise in a given field and “facts” are actually a thing in the real world...
    just a thought.
    Not every source of information is equally helpful, and can actually be harmful.

Id not ask a Joiner’s opinion on my elective surgery...
    for instance.
    On the other hand someone can be highly qualified and experienced in their field but still give incorrect information or advice because they have ulterior (financial, political, religious) reasons for doing so.

This is why god gave us logic and common sense.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Jeez, I can't believe you've just said that!

Needless to say though, I wholeheartedly agree. It's also why intelligent people rarely, if ever, take anything on face value, especially when it comes to politics!!

It often pays to look for a hidden angle..... But it's simply more comfortable to believe that there isn't one, especially when what's being said fits with your belief system, and why that's the approach people most commonly adopt.

Plus, too many folk are afraid of challenging the accepted norm [or what the government now seek to create as such], let alone, if necessary, rebelling against it! As I said before, anything for a 'quiet life'

Far easier to be a sheep than a rebel...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Jeez, I can't believe you've just said that!

Needless to say though, I wholeheartedly agree. It's also why intelligent people rarely, if ever, take anything on face value, especially when it comes to politics!!

It pays to always look for the hidden angle..... But it's simply more comfortable to believe that there isn't one, especially when the information in question fits with your belief system, which is why that's the more common approach.

Plus, too many people are afraid of challenging the accepted norm, let alone, if necessary, rebelling against it! As I said before, anything for an 'easy life'

Far easier to be a sheep than a rebel...

Marco.
    Well that same proviso also applies to those forwarding all sorts of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories - it cuts both ways.

But we agree that the purpose of the mask thing is to increase public confidence, not prevent virus spread. Which is why the requirement is only for 'face covering' not a proper N95 type mask. Of course as others have said any sort of face covering will have some prevention effect, but it is very small.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Completely agree with ALL of that [although, in reference to 'conspiracy theories' we could argue as to what constitutes as "unsubstantiated"], which on these matters, for you and I is rare!

The problem with substantiated conspiracy theories is that, if they existed, they'd no longer be 'conspiracy theories'!

But that doesn't mean that some don't contain an element of truth, or perhaps far more so.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well that same proviso also applies to those forwarding all sorts of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.
    I've got a mate who believes every single one apart from the 'flat earth' thing. He's warned me several times about Chem Trails.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Arguing the Politics is debatable, sure.

Wouldn’t argue with my Surgeon though before an operation!
    Taking it down a notch,
    If I had a health checkup and it wasn’t good news,
    maybe get a 2nd opinion to be sure...but not a 3rd, 4th it 5th till I got one I preferred.

There IS such a thing as expertise.
    Seems simple enough of an concept?

If we were asked by the Government to wear gas masks (as WW2 was going on) would anyone really refuse?
    A 1% chance that wearing a mask to buy a pint of milk from the shop would save someone’s life down the line...would matter more to me than my “freedom” being threatened by wearing that mask.

Look to what’s happening in Florida, more people sharing the same airspace without masks, MASSIVE spikes in number of infections.
    Facts don’t care about your feelings, and frankly we don’t have them all yet.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 15-07-2020 at 13:35.

Some interesting information here on the development of vaccines for Covid-19, and IMO, not all good: https://www.livescience.com/first-co...e=notification

There's a lot I could say there, but I particularly don't like the sound of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Live Science
    Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in April that a promising COVID-19 vaccine that prompts a strong immune response in Phase 2 trials could potentially be approved for emergency use without a full Phase 3 trial, Live Science previously reported. Phase 3 trials for vaccines typically last several years, according to the CDC, but given the pressing need, a coronavirus vaccine could potentially be granted emergency approval in less time, Fauci said. The trial process can also be sped up through combined trials, where several trial phases are run simultaneously.
    Yes, first and foremost a "pressing need" to make money from sales of the vaccines, before this coronavirus virus 'dies' within 12 months [read as ceases to be a problem], as did SARS, and there's no longer any justification for vaccinating people, so we get something that's been rushed through without being properly tested!

Or perhaps more worryingly, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Live Science
    While the idea of condensed or combined trials may seem risky, "that doesn't mean they're cutting off the follow-up of these individuals," Bottazzi said. "Importantly, beyond Phase 3 there's a clear strategy and guidance [from the FDA] on post-market surveillance," which involves monitoring people who receive an approved vaccine for infections and side effects that may not appear in clinical trials, she said.
    There you go... You can draw your own conclusions as to how once they're able to apply such surveillance, and monitor people accordingly, how that power will likely be (mis)used in future: to continually SPY on and CONTROL them...

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Arguing the Politics is debatable, sure.

Wouldn’t argue with my Surgeon though before an operation!
    Taking it down a notch,
    If I had a health checkup and it wasn’t good news,
    maybe get a 2nd opinion to be sure...but not a 3rd, 4th it 5th till I got one I preferred.

There IS such a thing as expertise.
    Seems simple enough of an concept?[
    Yes of course, but you're still not getting the fact that a person's expertise, and the advise they give based on that, can be influenced or manipulated by many factors, as Martin ably pointed out.

At the end of the day, experts are still HUMAN beings, and so prone to making mistakes or being wrongly guided.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

trouble with govt experts and scientists, is that they work for the govt, which may not want truth told... ha, rarely want it told... so, yes you have to be careful
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

No, I do get all that?

There’s just a need (imo) to be careful not to conflate the actual Data with the agenda led spin put upon it.
    From both sides.

Im arguing for the Data, the facts...not the spin put on it.
    But the numbers are being put out by X, Y, Z and they are corrupt!!

Seriously, how deep down the rabbit hole does one go?

Latest from the White House is that the Administration is “ordering” hospitals not to forward their Covid data to the CDC as normal, but to forward it directly to the White House instead.
    (maybe Kushner will compile a spreadsheet on his laptop, who the fuck knows)

If you can’t argue with the facts...change them.
    Want a conspiracy to latch on to...there you go

And that’s the danger here.

Facts...are facts...are facts.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread