+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 991 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    This is also worth reading for an alternative view on social distancing [and which tallies with my own]:

Please also scroll down and read the comments underneath... I'll pick out a few:

"You quarantine the sick not the healthy. This is a brain washing scare fear tactic".

"Social distancing is about building distrust".

"I'm 70 with a robust immune system, very actve, outside every day working or walking my dog for hours. No mask, no flu vaccines ever and I'm not about to start now. I wish more doctors would come out like you speaking the truth. This is being blown so far out of proportion that it is painfully obvious that there is some other agenda at work here. Why so many refuse to see it and willingly give up their freedoms is beyond me."

...etc...

Marco.
    "Video unavailable"

Do you reckon "the system" got to her or she realised it was twaddle and took it down?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Er no, you need to watch it directly on You Tube [click the link 'Watch this video on YouTube', which pops up when you try and play it], rather than from here. Some videos are like that

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Er no, you need to watch it directly on You Tube [click the link 'Watch this video on YouTube', which pops up when you try and play it], rather than from here. Some videos are like that

Marco.
    Gotcha! Well, I've watched it and my initial brief thoughts in no particular order are as follows (I am supposed to be working, after all - *cough*):

- Yes, I agree that some people are taking it to extremes, but then you'll always get people who do this! Gasmasks are ridiculous but when I was in Singapore at the end of February when it was just starting, the advice was for people with symptoms to wear face masks, which seems sensible enough.

- She says there are no long-lasting effects from the disease. The people with permanently scarred lungs thanks to viral Covid-19 pneumonia might disagree with that.

- She only touches on the issue of people with the disease and no symptoms, which think is a more crucial issue. My mother is 88 and frail - she is currently in hospital as she fell down and broke her hip three weeks ago. Luckily she's in a certified Covid-free hospital but part of the reason for this was that they stopped visitors back in March, so I can't go and see her. However before this, my sister wouldn't go into her house and set the shopping down at the door for her. I did go in because I did little jobs for her but I made sure I didn't get close to her and wiped down anything I touched, simply because I knew how devastated I would be if I turned out to be an asymptomatic carrier and inadvertently passed Covid onto her without knowing. If she caught it, I'm sure it would hit her hard, possibly fatally. Heck maybe it is all a hoax and she'd be fine regardless but I wasn't prepared to take that risk.

- Ultimately my opinion is that moves like social distancing are necessary because of the gross stupidity of most of the general public. You see plenty of people ignoring the 2m rule and I'm sure that, most of the time, it doesn't make much difference. But if you're telling them 2m they'll think that 1m is fine, then when you tell them 1m they'll think 50cm is OK and so on. A bit of common sense is actually all that is required but this is something that is woefully lacking in most people in this country.

But finally, the most important thing I learned from the video:

- Ooo, Dr. Sam Bailey is cute! I'm going to watch more of her videos...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Lol - what are you like?

Well, as I've always said, it's simply another view to consider/new information to process. You don't have to believe it or agree with it. I agree with much of it, the same as what's contained in this video [a must watch]:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

And if that video was a MUST watch, this one is a MUST MUST watch, and in my view shows what will eventually happen with the data that they receive from us, in relation to our health, as a result of this virus, and its potential misuse to try and control us in future:

Don't allow the government or authorities to make emergency measures that have been taken [involving analysing your biological functions via technological devices] to supposedly help control the spread of this virus, to 'stick' and become the 'new normal', long after the virus has gone, by using it to control you EVEN MORE in future!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

And if that video was a MUST watch, this one is a MUST MUST watch, and in my view shows exactly what's going to happen with the data that they receive from us, in relation to our health, as a result of this virus, and its potential misuse to try and control us in future:

Don't allow the government or authorities to make emergency measures that have been taken [involving analysing your biological functions via technological devices] to supposedly help control the spread of this virus, to 'stick' and become the 'new normal', long after the virus has gone, by using it to control you in future!

Marco.
    They can't monitor your biometrics from a cellphone, you have to be wearing a device. If you don't wear a device then they can't monitor your biometrics. So unless they make wearing a fitness tracker compulsory then he's talking bollocks. Are they going to do that? I doubt it. Would it even be possible to enforce such a rule? No.

Just a lot of hot air. There's only one purpose to these videos and that's to generate money for the people who make them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They can't monitor your biometrics from a cellphone.
    They won't need to. The Bill Gates chip in the vaccine you will end up being surreptitiously given orally will tell them everything.........
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They won't need to. The Bill Gates chip in the vaccine you will end up being surreptitiously given orally will tell them everything.........
    If such a thing existed then they could just put it in staple foods and we'd all have it without even knowing it. Maybe we already do?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

If such a thing existed then they could just put it in staple foods and we'd all have it without even knowing it. Maybe we already do?
    What, along with the chemicals that make people gay?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

They can't monitor your biometrics from a cellphone, you have to be wearing a device. If you don't wear a device then they can't monitor your biometrics. So unless they make wearing a fitness tracker compulsory then he's talking bollocks. Are they going to do that? I doubt it. Would it even be possible to enforce such a rule? No.

Just a lot of hot air. There's only one purpose to these videos and that's to generate money for the people who make them.
    It probably is [I hope so], but it's still something worth considering, as the truth is we don't *know* what is possible and what isn't, especially with new technologies and how they could be used to facilitate an agenda and make people behave in a way, which in normal circumstances they wouldn't consider, especially when fear is used as the driving force.

After all, a few months ago we didn't think that whole countries being put under house arrest could be enforced, our kids stopped from being educated, us from earning a living and not even being ALLOWED to touch or cuddle our loved ones. So if fear can be used to force us from practicing such innate human behaviour, it could certainly force us to wear tracking devices for dubious 'health reasons'!

The truth is, we don't yet know how many MORE ways this virus will be used by the government as an excuse to monitor and control us in future - but one thing's for sure; the more we continue to meekly acquiesce to the demands put upon us, instead of en-mass, simply refusing, and casually relinquishing our liberties in the process, the more the 'new normal' being imposed upon us is likely to become permanent.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread