+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 991 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think it's funny that you'd consider not wearing a mask as some sort of rebellious act. It's just a bit toytown.
    Nah, that's not the point. A) I strongly disagree with the precedent it sets (as I've outlined many times before), including the eagerness of the masses to acquiesce to mandatory rules, and b) I don't believe wearing a 'face covering' will do much, apart from make you look like a twat... And I can do that naturally, without a mask!

One of these might be different: https://www.hivepharmacy.com/face-masks

We've been here before, mate. 'Face coverings' are much more about giving the masses more confidence to shop, than preventing the spread of a [currently, by the day, growing less-prevalent] virus, in the UK. I don't need any such confidence boost, as I've been out and about doing my business as normal now for some time!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    We've been here before, mate. 'Face coverings' are much more about giving the masses more confidence to shop, than preventing the spread of a [currently growing less-prevalent] virus, in the UK. I don't need any such confidence boost, as I've been out and about doing my business as normal now for some time!

Marco.
    Yes so have I. But now they can stick you for fifty quid for not wearing one. And unlike Joey Chav who'll probably get a blind eye turned to him anyway, I can afford to pay it so you can bet they'd stick me for it. Do I want to lose half a day's wages for the sake of pulling a neck gaiter up over my face as I walk in the shop? No.

What I thought was funny is that your conflating not going along with the law with some sort of rebellious act. It's like thinking your a bit of a rebel if you drive more than 70 mph on the motorway.

And anyway, as Bob Marley said, Rebel? Rebel against what?'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes so have I. But now they can stick you for fifty quid for not wearing one. And unlike Joey Chav who'll probably get a blind eye turned to him anyway, I can afford to pay it so you can bet they'd stick me for it. Do I want to lose half a day's wages for the sake of pulling a neck gaiter up over my face as I walk in the shop? No.
    Sure (although I thought it was £100), but chances are that won't happen, as the police don't have the manpower to enforce it. Just do your shopping online mate, as you did (apparently without any hassle) during lockdown - sorted

What I thought was funny is that your conflating not going along with the law with some sort of rebellious act. It's like thinking your a bit of a rebel if you drive more than 70 mph on the motorway.

And anyway, as Bob Marley said, Rebel? Rebel against what?'
    Lol - as I said though, that's NOT why I'm not wearing a 'face covering'. I'm doing because *I* don't want to, simply because I don't agree with it or consider it as being overall beneficial, and there are plenty of others who feel the same, including Mark Drakeford and his scientific advisers!

I run my life how *I* see fit, within acceptable reason, NOT be forced by the authorities to behave in a way that *I* don't consider is warranted, simply to be 'compliant'. I unquestionably obey no-one!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Sure (although I thought it was £100), but chances are that won't happen as they don't have the manpower to enforce it. Just do your shopping online, as you did (apparently without any hassle) during lockdown - sorted

Lol - as I said though, that's NOT why I'm not wearing a face covering. I'm doing because *I* don't want to, simply because I don't agree with it or consider it as overall being beneficial, and there are plenty of others who feel the same, including Mark Drakeford and his scientific advisers!

Marco.
    The fine is a ton but if you pay within a week it drops to a pony.

Costs more to get my shopping on-line, especially beer and baccy so I have to go in that shop. And the market. And would be just my luck for some off-duty copper to be in there at the same time. Either that or some self-righteous prick decides to start having a go at me for not wearing one and who knows where that might end?

I agree the mask thing is little or nothing to do with virus spread but it's still not worth the potential cost and aggravation of not bothering. I'd be surprised if they don't bring it in in Wales so you'll have to make a decision yourself at some point. Or not go on a shop for six months. Of course you can just send your lady in, but you like shopping don't you?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jon.

'Face coverings' are much more about giving the masses more confidence to shop, than preventing the spread of a [current growingly less-prevalent] virus, in the UK

Marco.
    How is that a bad thing?
    Getting people out and spending with confidence can only be applauded in my view.
    We really do need to get the economy back to what it was and to restore whatever one terms as normal.
    I’m certainly not “spoiling for a fight”, but some of your anti mask posts are nothing more than infantile, with a smattering of “me, me, me”.
    Quite silly really, and bordering on narcissistic imo.
    Put it this way, i saw the old boy i was looking after during lockdown yesterday and he was delighted with the idea of face masks in shops and said he "may" venture out again to the local co-op.
    For me, thats a win for him if it gives him some confidence back.
    That poor old boy was scared shitless even when i delivered his shopping, so to see him wanting to go out again makes me super happy, and if i have to endure the excruciating pain of wearing one to make someone else's life a little more comfortable, then so be it.
    In the grand scheme of things, its really not a big deal.

I'm not getting into an argument about it, Jon, so let's just agree to disagree. You do your thing, and I'll do mine

Btw, I've got ZERO problem with instilling confidence in old people going back out to shop - indeed I'm all IN FAVOUR of it - but the government should just have been honest about the REAL reasons for 'face coverings' becoming mandatory, instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes (no pun intended)

So I'm afraid I refuse to be a part of the unjustified mass compliance. It's not only rather sad, but dangerous.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I’m certainly not “spoiling for a fight”, but some of your anti mask posts are nothing more than infantile, with a smattering of “me, me, me”.
    Quite silly really, and bordering on narcissistic imo.
    However, cut out the unqualified personal insults, as there's no need for it. Just who do you think you are?

I'll let it slide this time, but any more remarks like that and your next ban (as you've had one already, but clearly haven't learned from it), will be a permanent one.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Mike.

Marco's right, all the little people today in Sainsbury's wearing their masks, it really takes very little to put people in line. I only wear one on London underground, other than that I can't be arsed. Covids gone for now, it was only ever really dangerous in care homes anyway, and the odd old/sick person at home. The economy is shagged now because of it, that's much scarier, and with the BLM stuff, a lot more sinister control is about to be taken of our lives, these are shit times.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Marco's right, all the little people today in Sainsbury's wearing their masks, it really takes very little to put people in line. I only wear one on London underground, other than that I can't be arsed. Covids gone for now, it was only ever really dangerous in care homes anyway, and the odd old/sick person at home. The economy is shagged now because of it, that's much scarier, and with the BLM stuff, a lot more sinister control is about to be taken of our lives, these are shit times.
    *Exactly* my point, Mike [and I'm meekly put into line by no-one]. We're also pretty much in full agreement about the rest!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

My daughter has a part time/short term job in a store in Ipswich (while waiting to go back to Uni'), she tells me that the only people not wearing masks today were Romanians who, when challenged, claimed not to understand as they "speak no English"
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread