+ Reply to Thread
Page 611 of 991 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661711 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, I agree with all the comments, and he had the time to achieve some good things, which as you say will hopefully have impacted positively around the world on the right people.

Let's not forget too, that at over 100 years old, he had a pretty good innings and would've gone sometime soon anyway. Often it's better living less long, but WELL (as in having achieved good things that made you happy, and making nice memories with your loved ones), than longer, but LESS WELL, and not having been as happy or fulfilled.

I know which I'd chose, and in that respect I'm sure that the last few months of his life were perhaps some of his happiest, where he managed to achieve things, such as being knighted by the Queen, he'd never have dreamed of. He certainly got to make his mark on the world in a positive way, which but for the pandemic wouldn't have been possible.

Just a positive take on things, on a lovely old man, the likes of whom we'll never see again. R.I.P Captain Tom

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Steve.

Here's the news from Somerstown (Portsmouth) Health Centre:

"Dear Mr. Stephen xxxxxxxx." (Name witheld to protect the guilty).

"We are making good progress on COVID vaccines. The next group we do is 65-70 y-olds.

We will text you when the delivery is confirmed. This should be very soon."

Bring it on. I ain't afraid of no virus.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post

"We are making good progress on COVID vaccines. The next group we do is 65-70 y-olds.

"Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

mine will read, dear mr struth, although we have plenty vaccine we have decided not to waste it on the likes of you... now piss off and die quietly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Grant.

Have you checked with your GP surgery ? In this area, the GPs seem to be well in advance of notifying and booking than the NHS direct.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Grant.

Have you checked with your GP surgery ? In this area, the GPs seem to be well in advance of notifying and booking than the NHS direct.
    no, not yet dave. i will wait til it calms down a bit i think. not being able to wear a mask its gonna be hard going anywhere currently anyway
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I get me first Jab in a Month. Oh Joy. I can then go to the Cinema and Footy games again.
    Don't expect Doris to be coming round with a tray of fags during the intermission, she's still on furlough.

It's been a while since I went to the cinema.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

think cinemas have been closed for months. would think they would be hotspots
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    think cinemas have been closed for months. would think they would be hotspots
    I won't be bothering with cinemas anytime soon. With the cack that's come out lately it'd be high risk low reward

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no, not yet dave. i will wait til it calms down a bit i think. not being able to wear a mask its gonna be hard going anywhere currently anyway
    Could you use one of those clear plastic face shields? I see a few folk wearing them.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread