+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 991 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thanks for that Adrian. I'll have a read later. However, as far as the title of the article goes:

"How can Britain trust this floundering crew of fibbers to tackle coronavirus?", I completely agree! Indeed, it's exactly what I've been saying, and I bet if you polled the nation now on the matter, the majority would agree!!

Too many dyed-in-the-wool Tories here, with blue-tinted specs on, clouding them from reality.

Right, back out to the sunshine!

Marco.
    Well I have never been accused of being a Tory, and indeed I have NEVER voted Tory in my life, so this must be aimed at others

As a 'free thinker' I don't readily latch onto whatever 'truth' fits with my beliefs. Rather I'm inclined to believe that the truth is somewhere between what the govt is telling us, and what The Guardian has to say about it. Neither do my blue-tinted specs (don't wear specs) cloud me from reality, which is that EVERYBODY LIES. Maybe one day the liars will be called to account, but I doubt it.

Time for me to get out in the sun now, it's currently 34C here, and the pool beckons It has a swim-up bar
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Thanks for that Adrian. I'll have a read later. However, as far as the title of the article goes:

"How can Britain trust this floundering crew of fibbers to tackle coronavirus?", I completely agree! Indeed, it's exactly what I've been saying, and I bet if you polled the nation now on the matter, the majority would agree!!

Too many dyed-in-the-wool Tories here, with blue-tinted specs on, clouding them from reality.

Right, back out to the sunshine!

Marco.
    As I have intimated before and given examples, there are quite a few untruths being bandied around by those in power. Also certain facts about the coronavirus and it’s origin, and stability appear and then suddenly disappear, I wonder why that might be. I have even noted that the “free” press have on occasions got close to what I suspect is the truth and then suddenly do not follow it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Well I have never been accused of being a Tory, and indeed I have NEVER voted Tory in my life, so this must be aimed at others

As a 'free thinker' I don't readily latch onto whatever 'truth' fits with my beliefs. Rather I'm inclined to believe that the truth is somewhere between what the govt is telling us, and what The Guardian has to say about it. Neither do my blue-tinted specs (don't wear specs) cloud me from reality, which is that EVERYBODY LIES. Maybe one day the liars will be called to account, but I doubt it.

Time for me to get out in the sun now, it's currently 34C here, and the pool beckons It has a swim-up bar
    Lol - what made you think that the "blue-tinted specs" comments were aimed at you? Not at all, as I know you're not a Tory. Those who are, however, or have leanings in that direction (i.e. voted for them at the last general election), are making little attempt at hiding the fact - or their deeply-ingrained bias

Yes, everyone lies, to protect their own ass, but some more so than others!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    As I have intimated before and given examples, there are quite a few untruths being bandied around by those in power. Also certain facts about the coronavirus and it’s origin, and stability appear and then suddenly disappear, I wonder why that might be. I have even noted that the “free” press have on occasions got close to what I suspect is the truth and then suddenly do not follow it up?
    As I've always said, Adrian, corruption in Westmonster is rife - and now more than ever! In the end though, as ever, the truth will out and heads will roll.... Roll on the people's revolution!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Having the highest death rate in Europe is “Not done too badly”. Seriously??
    Where do you get your figures?

I don't look on this pandemic as a league table opportunity, to each individual/family affected by a Covid death, that would be insensitive, but your assertive post caused me to look up the current figures:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...pe-by-country/

Far too dangerous to look at statistics as a simple tally - as I have posted previously there are far too many factors to consider to make assumptions on efficiency of any government or to make petty party political points (and no, I do not consider myself a "Tory" or for that matter a Scottish nationalist ).
    However the current figures do not show that we have the highest death rate in Europe.

On a different tack, the figures show that Slovakia has the lowest death rate, would I want to live there after all in some measures it is considered one of the poorer countries in Europe.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

This post is rubbish without pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

...and in his new 'baby-gro' swimsuit

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Where do you get your figures?
    Seems pretty clear here (WORLDWIDE, only the US has had more deaths): https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Oh, and I'm a "Scottish Nationalist" only in so far as I'd do anything to end the unjust English/Westminster rule in the UK, which Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland has had to endure and suffer from [be treated as second-class citizens) for centuries!

Anyway, this isn't the time or place for that particular discussion

Marco.
    Main System

I'm guy.

Seems pretty clear here (WORLDWIDE, only the US has had more deaths): https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    Marco.
    Cheers Marco, but that link took me to "confirmed cases" worldwide - not death rate (number of people who die/total population x 100).

The claim that I was querying was

(Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait )
    "Having the highest death rate in Europe is “Not done too badly”. Seriously??"

If we were to use confirmed cases as a means of comparison, then Monaco or similarly low population countries would look very good (even if they all died - God forbid).
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Having the highest death rate in Europe is “Not done too badly”. Seriously??
    It's not a cup competition to find out who's the best. There are various factors involved here, the idea that it can all be blamed on 'the government' is facile and simply represents a poorly-informed and somewhat distasteful attempt to make party political capital out of a tragedy that, if it was anyone's fault, it wasn't anyone in this country.

You could take into account that we have the highest population density in Europe, and that our lockdown was not as severe as some of the other countries, notably Italy. Added to which you have a different social culture that includes a different attitude to obeying the rules. If you look at world press you will also see people in other European countries blaming their governments and the EU, with similar, ideologically-inspired motivations. But some people just cannot help themselves I suppose.

I am not suggesting that the handling has been perfect and mistakes have been made. But then anyone with any real-world experience knows that mistakes get made all the time, in any field of operations. The fact is the primary objective was achieved, which was no mean feat. I cannot see any aspect of this crisis that would have been handled any differently had a different political party been in power. It's completely irrelevant to the situation.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread