+ Reply to Thread
Page 781 of 991 FirstFirst ... 281681731771779780781782783791831881 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Clue: Just after this poor bloke was instrumental in vining WW2
    First one to post the correct answer win a prize
    Alan Turing?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Sandro.

Or for that mater number 8
    start to teach to your children from an early age that anything made in the UK is best

This is hardly new Germany has being doing it from donkeys years and is part of the religion there
    Last edited by Bksabath; 31-05-2021 at 15:22.

I'm Sandro.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Alan Turing?
    Spot on

Your prize
    you just won a pint on me for the next time we meet

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Firstly, Steve, you won't be banned, as you've done nothing to warrant such action. Arguing or disagreeing with me doesn't constitute as grounds for a ban.

Secondly, you're not being bullied. I'm entitled to moderate you if I consider that you're behaving unacceptably, just the same as Martin, Grant or anyone else here on the team would be. How else would we do our job if we couldn't warn anyone when we thought they were out of order?

Ultimately that decision is ours, so we get the last word, but that doesn't constitute as bullying.

Thirdly, last night you were clearly spoiling for a fight. We had a difference of opinion, which was fine, but you were adamant that you were right and simply wouldn't accept that I had a different (and equally legitimate) take on matters. In that respect, you've said that I'm unreasonable, but I could equally accuse you of the same.

Sometimes you need to know when to quit when you think you're ahead, or simply agree to disagree and move on.

Since you joined the forum, we've always got on well and enjoyed a great deal of banter between us, which I've enjoyed, as I'm sure you have too, and clearly we both love a good argument, but sometimes you don't know when to stop, and last night was one such occasion.

Therefore, it would be a shame to see you go over as you say "a pathetic little difference of opinion", so I apologise if I read you wrongly, but hope you're also able to see that you played a part in what happened. I also hope that you reconsider your decision to leave, as you'd be missed

Marco.
    Hey, I'm a lover not a fighter. I was spoiling for some love

I've had time to calm down now, and I miss you guys already, so I accept your apology and hope you accept mine

In other news, we just got back from another pub visit, for food this time, and only one pint. Waiter service, ate outside, no masks required, which was nice. Only problem being that the food was shit. Got Mrs. P out of washing up though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hey, I'm a lover not a fighter. I was spoiling for some love

I've had time to calm down now, and I miss you guys already, so I accept your apology and hope you accept mine

In other news, we just got back from another pub visit, for food this time, and only one pint. Waiter service, ate outside, no masks required, which was nice. Only problem being that the food was shit. Got Mrs. P out of washing up though.
    Yes it's all cool, daftee, so as you were!

Good to see that you're pubbing it again, and enjoying it. We'll be doing the same soon!

Marco
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Thumbs up Cummings: Johnson 'unfit' to be PM, citing a 'dysfunctional' government...

Hatt Wankcock and Balloon-Boy finally exposed for the incompetents that they are... If you hate the Tories, have a giggle:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

In terms of the claim that Covid-19 escaped from a lab, one of which 'conveniently' just happened to be in Wuhan, and that that is equally as likely an explanation as it having occurred naturally, this is the video to watch:

Watch Sen Rubio questioning Fauci and outlining a valid case for conspiracy theorists potentially having been proved correct about lab leaks, and thus should be offered an apology.

I would urge everyone to watch this, not simply in terms of outlining the above, but watching Fauci's body language when pressed on the question of 'Why did you dismiss the lab-leak theory?

For me, that's a man who looks rather uncomfortable about answering that question!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Sandro.

Monday update - YouTube

Just jump to 11:10 run time
    This summarise what should have been done by all at the start
    At 12:10 is where the bad news start need to follow this in the up-camming days

France closes border to UK as new India variant is bad but here flights to and from India continue purely due to the up-camming trade agreement

will they ever learn??????
    Did you take your vitamin D today????

Hi Sandro,

Thanks for that, but let's give the YT links a rest for a while, as it's dominating the thread a little too much. I'll also remove some of the older stuff, if that's ok, as it's a discussion thread and I think it being bombarded with YT links may be putting folks off from that

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Sandro.

+ Reply to Thread